• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SupeRugby Final 2011: Queensland Reds V Canterbury Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RuckinGoodStats

Crusaders average phases per possession peaked at 5 then dropped back to 3.6. The Reds were a steady 2.2 to 2.5 average phases per possession throughout the game.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Jonno Lance played well too.

Well done Reds. Two sides who gave everything. Both sides looked tired at the end but especially so for the Crusaders.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Crusaders had thrown 9 lineouts deemed not straight before the final and 3 in the game. They also lost another 3 lineouts.

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Congrats to Link, got the title that eluded him at the waratahs and must surely be the Wallaby coach in waiting... They've come a long way since the dying days of Eddie Jones forgettable year in charge with some solid foundations laid by Phil Mooney. A pity Deans hasn't utilised Phil at the national level.

A

antipodean

Congratulations to the Reds. Well deserved win. For a small part of the crowd that is payment for supporting your team during their shit years.

For anyone who thinks Ellis, Fruean, Todd or chicken wings should be All Blacks, watch that game until the reality sinks in. Fruean did nothing all game. Todd gave up easy ball. Chicken wings couldn't throw a straight lineout. And Andy Ellis' aimless kick lead to the Reds' first try.

What was surprising was how flustered Cooper looked in the first half. If he could screw up, he did.

R

RuckinGoodStats

There were 67 kicks in the game (Crusaders 30, Reds 37) or a kick every 32 seconds the ball was in play/contestable.
There were 53 lost possessions/turnovers in the game (Crusaders 29, Reds 24) or one every 41 seconds the ball was in play/contestable.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Both teams a credit to the code.

A true finals game where we (Genia) took the chance and made the difference.

Go the Reds!!!!! A reward for not only the way you played the game but also stayed true during the darkest hours.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Congratulations to the Reds. Well deserved win. For a small part of the crowd that is payment for supporting your team during their shit years.

For anyone who thinks Ellis, Fruean, Todd or chicken wings should be All Blacks, watch that game until the reality sinks in. Fruean did nothing all game. Todd gave up easy ball. Chicken wings couldn't throw a straight lineout. And Andy Ellis' aimless kick lead to the Reds' first try.

What was surprising was how flustered Cooper looked in the first half. If he could screw up, he did.

You should be more concerned by how poorly McCaw and Carter played in a big game. Try aside, Carter did nothing with all that front foot ball he enjoyed. Owen Franks was the one standout player for the Crusaders; the rest of their big names didn't fire.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well done to the Reds. Capped off a great year with the chocolates.

IMO it was a scrappy game from both sides, and that's not a reflection of the Ref. Both sides were feeling the pressure out there.

Both sides were guilty of trying too much, pushing the play, but on the other hand both teams defended well for the most part.

Both team pushed the envelope at the collisions and were fortunate on a number of occasions. I will say again as I've said previously, Horwill has really matured insomuch that I saw him get away with a number of "sneaky" ones tonight that turned the play to the Reds favor. Well done that man.

The said I thought my team put huge pressure on Samo and Genia with some fortune at times.

Plenty of Saders players will be really disappointed with their own games in addition to the actual result.

Oh well, another year gone, bring on the real stuff...:)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bleating about the ref is becoming a very big yawn. The decision on Simmons try was a disgrace and inexplicable , but move on.
Reds fully deserve the win, and made the most of their limited ball.

A word for McKenzie. He is the best coach in Australia. He has put it all together and deserves more than he will receive anytime soon from O'Neill.
From a selfish QLD point of view, I think he should win the next 5-6 years with the Reds before he is qualified for the Wallaby job.

Reactions: TSR

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
You should be more concerned by how poorly McCaw and Carter played in a big game. Try aside, Carter did nothing with all that front foot ball he enjoyed. Owen Franks was the one standout player for the Crusaders; the rest of their big names didn't fire.

McCaw's played what 6-7 games, he'll keep building I think. I still think his tackling and cover across the park was superb

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Oh no, this is going to get unbearable now...

Mate, I'm sitting in the crowd with a bunch of reds supporters cheering the reds for their victory, and cheering the crusaders for their incredible season. Why don't you suspend the constant anti-red sour grapes for 5 seconds and acknowledge we've just seen a great game of rugby. Grow up - people are just happy for their team just like you would be if the brumbies won.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
The no-name Reds front 5 stood up today as well, and I thought Beau Robinson put enormous pressure on Crusaders ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.