• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SupeRugby Final 2011: Queensland Reds V Canterbury Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
From a selfish Australian perspective, I really wish McKensie could take over from Deans after the world cup, he really has to be the best coach in the world. Unfortunately I think you may get your wish as I think JON has already extended Deans for 2 years after the WC.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Thought Cooper and genia where crap. Reds did what they did all year, hung in there. Winners do that :) congrats boys

Reds fans welcome to the club, now let's all laugh at the tahs

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mate, I'm sitting in the crowd with a bunch of reds supporters cheering the reds for their victory, and cheering the crusaders for their incredible season. Why don't you suspend the constant anti-red sour grapes for 5 seconds and acknowledge we've just seen a great game of rugby. Grow up - people are just happy for their team just like you would be if the brumbies won.

Well said Godfrey, who cares about the reffing.

I was however waiting for Bryce to hand us the win given all the research I've been reading over the week on "non-neutral" refs :)

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Great game of footy by both sides even in a final. Crusaders attack never really clicked while the Reds defence was top notch. Reds just had a few more x-factor players that could score a try out of nothing, Crusaders defended very well and shut down Cooper and they were brilliant at the breakdown. Tapuai was very impressive, I liked what I saw of him 4 weeks ago and he didn't disappoint in the final. Anthony Fainga'a tackled his heart out as well. A much better game from Cooper, I do remember earlier in the season he had a absolute shocker especially with his kicking. There was that one moment near the end where he should have kicked instead of taking the line on but other than that he didn't do any of those brain explosion stuff.

nathan

Watty Friend (18)
McCaw's played what 6-7 games, he'll keep building I think. I still think his tackling and cover across the park was superb

Don't forget lying all over the ball on the wrong side of the ruck, being consistently offside and entering in from the side.

Yeah - he's building his form back up alright.

nathan

Watty Friend (18)
Mate, I'm sitting in the crowd with a bunch of reds supporters cheering the reds for their victory, and cheering the crusaders for their incredible season. Why don't you suspend the constant anti-red sour grapes for 5 seconds and acknowledge we've just seen a great game of rugby. Grow up - people are just happy for their team just like you would be if the brumbies won.

Agreed - Slim, it's getting old.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thought Cooper and genia where crap. Reds did what they did all year, hung in there. Winners do that :) congrats boys

Reds fans welcome to the club, now let's all laugh at the tahs
I dont think I would use the word crap, certainly not their best game.

Geat teams can win ungly. THis is the big change for the Reds this season, the games they would have lost ugly last year, they won ugly this year.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Oh no, this is going to get unbearable now...

Would love to bite at this rubbish but my team just did all the talking required. Have fun Slim.

Well done boys and congratulations to all the other Reds fans out there. Congratulations to all those who jumped on the Reds this week with their support and cheers for your good will.

C

chriscullen

Shattered as a crusaders fan , just home from the match reds deserved the win thought the cru had it at halftime but reds wanted it more , congrats reds on a magnificent season, crusaders you did Christchurch proud well done too.

O

OLDDOG

Well done the reds, for forcing so many errors. It was a massive armwrestle, a real physical game of chess. The old masters at the saders are typically humble, and a real credit to their city, and their country. Gracious in defeat.
The young gun reds were hustled, but full credit to the usual suspects for having a go no matter what. they never stopped believing in themselves, and they backed themselves. when i saw genia smiling as he ran on thru the tunnel I knew we were gonna have a good day - why? cos when you're in that frame of mind, you're gonna have a big one, and he did, once he settled in.
GO THE REDS !!!!!

C

chriscullen

I dont mean this as any sour grapes at all as the reds deserved their win but would the crusaders have won had they played home games? Possibly. But then again history remembers results only. Well done reds.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Don't forget lying all over the ball on the wrong side of the ruck, being consistently offside and entering in from the side.

Yeah - he's building his form back up alright.

Thanks Marto...zzzzzzzz

Here's a couple to add to your repertoire, Horwill about 4 times playing with the ball while on the deck - I guess he's building nicely, A Finger for all his good work likes to just lie on players after he tackles - he's well above board is young Ant, Samo is a an old dog that seems to have learned a few new tricks when it comes to selective hearing when the ref says "release"

But hey I understand that it is only McCaw that breaks rugby laws because that's what Marto says

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Very happy but still trying to comprehend how the reds snuck away with a win considering their shit scrum and poor breakdown work. One of the great escapes.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

i liked that the game was tight. the best games are the close ones, not the absolute floggings (for example when Aus beat NZ in Hong Kong last year).
also chriscullen has the right attitude...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I dont mean this as any sour grapes at all as the reds deserved their win but would the crusaders have won had they played home games? Possibly. But then again history remembers results only. Well done reds.

Nah mate, all cool. The 2011 Crusaders are an inspiration for all and I will remember them for their outstanding courage in a year when understandably rugby could of been the last thing on their minds. I can honestly say that if they had been playing any other team than my own I probably would of cheered for them tonight like they were my own.

The mutual respect that was floating around after that game to me highlights what a great game it is.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Shattered as a crusaders fan , just home from the match reds deserved the win thought the cru had it at halftime but reds wanted it more , congrats reds on a magnificent season, crusaders you did Christchurch proud well done too.

Thanks CC. Mighty effort by the crusaders, they were in with a shot right up to the final whistle.

I think anyone bitching about the ref should just STFU - we won and that's enough. The poor decisions went both ways, we got away with plenty, as did the crusaders. The side was good enough to take the ref out of the equation.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Silence Slim

Have you read some of the other comments coming from others on this thread? They should shut their yap as well.

Was watching this at the pub, well done Reds, the Saders to my horror were playing a very flat game similar to what the Blues had done previously. Still very proud of the guys, a tough season, we'll be back next year.

Looking forward to the internationals now.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Don't mean to spoil your victory, but I think you need to get rid of S Faainga, he's one of the worst ball carrying hookers I've seen. Tapuai was brilliant. Genia was very good in the 2nd half, he was pretty rattled in the 1st, but did very well in the 2nd, eventhough the Crusaders were clearly targeting him. Cooper was pretty average, I thought. Lucky you the refs these days usually don't care if the scrum feed is straight or not;)

Status
Not open for further replies.