• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby T-T R5: Brumbies v Highlanders

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
OR, we could just leave it until next TT, Aussie teams wins some games and this conversation will have been a complete waste of time!

All threads are now but orbiting flotsam being dragged into the brain-sucking gravitational omnibus that is the "Where To For You-Know What" thread.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
For Slim and MST. You're right of course. Leave the TT future to other threads. Brumbies had a very disappointing finish to their campaign with the loss to the Highlanders. Valetini and Lachie Lonergan had strong games, and I continue to be impressed with Henry Stowers, a player who came into the squad very late and seemed to adapt to our play better each outing. The scrum seems to have gone backwards this year, but it should be remembered that half the usual starting pack has missed most of the TT season at least through injury. Like the look of Reimer (particularly) and Scott coming through in the backrow, and I've always had a lot of respect for Harry Lloyd off the bench at LHP.

Some games the backs looked like world beaters, but others they were ordinary as a group. Banks, Wright and Ikitau were the picks while I thought Noah didn't come along as fast as I thought he might. Really big pity to be losing all of Pasitoa, Kuenzle, Tapine and Hanson from the next generation of players.

For Dan, that's it fella. You will have the honour, dubious as it might be, of being the first poster I will have blocked. I think you are just a nasty, self opinionated grumpy old man. And that comes from a 77yo.

EDIT : I should also have mentioned Swain and Frost in the second row. Darcy has gained the interest of a few posters from other Aus teams during the year and has moved himself up the ladder of locks with his aggressive style of play. Frost could be anything as he matures. He certainly has skills and attitude. Both could be smokies for the Wallabies squads this year.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
For Slim and MST. You're right of course. Leave the TT future to other threads. Brumbies had a very disappointing finish to their campaign with the loss to the Highlanders. Valetini and Lachie Lonergan had strong games, and I continue to be impressed with Henry Stowers, a player who came into the squad very late and seemed to adapt to our play better each outing. The scrum seems to have gone backwards this year, but it should be remembered that half the usual starting pack has missed most of the TT season at least through injury. Like the look of Reimer (particularly) and Scott coming through in the backrow, and I've always had a lot of respect for Harry Lloyd off the bench at LHP.

Some games the backs looked like world beaters, but others they were ordinary as a group. Banks, Wright and Ikitau were the picks while I thought Noah didn't come along as fast as I thought he might. Really big pity to be losing all of Pasitoa, Kuenzle, Tapine and Hanson from the next generation of players.

For Dan, that's it fella. You will have the honour, dubious as it might be, of being the first poster I will have blocked. I think you are just a nasty, self opinionated grumpy old man. And that comes from a 77yo.

EDIT : I should also have mentioned Swain and Frost in the second row. Darcy has gained the interest of a few posters from other Aus teams during the year and has moved himself up the ladder of locks with his aggressive style of play. Frost could be anything as he matures. He certainly has skills and attitude. Both could be smokies for the Wallabies squads this year.

Irony is the only people who seem part of the rusted on rugby supporters and make up most of these thread now days are the grey haired retired set - the boomers have already gone to AFL and the gen x etc just never bothered

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can anyone fill me in on any highlights from BR's post?

Asking for a friend.

Lol DP I got home from rugby (after a beer) and saw BR had got all shitty about a post I made regarding crowds etc, I bit (I shouldn't of) indicated he was telling porkies and to actually show me where something had been posted. Obviously couldn't, but seems he blocked me, but no probs I have no doubt I will sleep alright tonight.:)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Irony is the only people who seem part of the rusted on rugby supporters and make up most of these thread now days are the grey haired retired set - the boomers have already gone to AFL and the gen x etc just never bothered

Speaking as one of the few Gen X that still some in here, I can certainly say I wish it was the silent generation in the forums at times!:D

For all the good that Stan has done and the changes RA has made with the game, I wish we had more peoples interested in the teams so we had more insights and conversations about the players and performances in the forums.

On that point, the Brumbies are a real worry for next year. key talent gone, (credit to DP for this description), a white Econovan attack and it will be justified by a lost coaching team as due to a high injury count which is BS and opens up more questions.

We looked good at the start of the old Super Rugby, COVID hit, and we are back to true Aussie rugby; set piece and excuses.

A final point to those who want to argue over the merits of TT.

IMHO, people need to grow some and deal with the elephant in the room. Anything Super Rugby related, either AO, AU or TT will not survive with 5 teams either side of the ditch. So pick your poison; death the old Super teams (wait for the same Shute like reactions!) to build the team numbers and a new comp or start adding new Super Rugby teams.

It makes me laugh that nobody has the stones to talk about that elephant! And before any retorts, the rating which generates the revenue supports domestic teams. So adding "foreign" teams is not a solution. 5 teams each, 10 teams in total is not a viable nor sustainable long-term solution. Crowds are also fairly irrelevant in the conversation for the next few years with COVID as its such a variable.

Feel free to go nut that all out in the correct forum.