• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Rd 6 Rebels v Sharks, Fri 23rd of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Rebels looking pretty good. Back to how they should be playing. Was an odd one against the Tahs who are not that good IMHO.

South African rugby is stagnant. The Sharks and Stormers have done nothing over the last few years to suggest that they are building squads and a game plan that can win a tournament. The Bulls are an experiment at this stage and we don't really know how well the Lions will go until the hit the road.

Just looks to me like there are lots of players who are really extremely average. Just about good enough for Super Rugby but not good enough to be winners.

Middle of the road is where I predict the SA team to remain. It all just seems too familiar. The Lions will push anyone hard in a semi but that is as far as they'll go.

All a bit depressing really.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Like when Maddocks' cut out ball to Naivalu when Korobeite was right there? Then Naivalu eventually threw that ball that went straight to a shark instead of sliding in the corner.
Yeah just watched that Naivalu no were near as quick as he use to be or ever was that's twice this season his been run down quite easily.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah just watched that Naivalu no were near as quick as he use to be or ever was that's twice this season his been run down quite easily.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
Happens to everyone who gets a serious leg injury. Pace comes back gradually and usually not back to where it was. He's still better than Speight though.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
eam to remain. It all just seems too familiar. The Lions will push anyone hard in a semi but that is as far as they'll go.
I heard that SA were going to allow their European players to be selected for the England tour. That'll be a boost.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I heard that SA were going to allow their European players to be selected for the England tour. That'll be a boost.

I think it is likely to be an exception. Reason being they play Wales in the USA and England back in SA a week later. So Rassie has hinted that he might use a bunch of the overseas players for the Wales game.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I enjoyed the game, and agree the Rebels continue to look good, I said before season started no way will it be a clean sweep to Kiwi sides this year, and I see Rebels as one of the teams to pick up a win or 2 against them. As a kiwi I actually rate the Tahs and Reds chances for a game or 2 also.

Are all those Aussie teams playing the Blues?

:)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
A lot made of Warne and Smith. but where’s Lehman during all of this, as coach he sets the standards and cultural expectations of the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This seems an odd place to post that comment, but anyhoo... you're right, where was Lehman? o_O

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Happens to everyone who gets a serious leg injury. Pace comes back gradually and usually not back to where it was. He's still better than Speight though.
Did I mention Speight.. was just commenting on the fact his been run down.. specially as one of his best features was top end speed..

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Did I mention Speight.. was just commenting on the fact his been run down.. specially as one of his best features was top end speed..

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

Nah i just think they are in direct competition for a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.