• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Matches without a match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Should be the game of the round as you say WOB, very excited about this one, hoping the chiefs can put his one away. What a showcase of kiwi talent!

I'm hoping for an upset so CruSadists finish the Round top of the table. Failing that a non-BP Tribe win so we get a chance to catch them up again next week when they have their second bye.

Back in the days of All Black trials this'd be a pretty decent one (ditto the long-lost & lamented North v South).

G

galumay

Chiefs need to get some reward for all this possession & territory. They look close to breaking thru the 'Landers but havent been able to finish.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Try Clan on the back of a Naholo break & "flat" offload. Who'd have thunk a LHP could run that fast? Clan 13-3 Tribe, 33 gone. Sopoaga back on.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Terrible call, if Dixon doesn't jump he doesn't get into the dangerous position in the first place. Not even a penalty IMO & I think Dixon knows it.

G

galumay

mmm...that one is a tricky one. The jumping made it worse but he was always flying in very low and there was a sort of flick of the legs as he ran thru the tackle.

G

galumay

...and i say that as a chief's fan.....just relieved it wasnt a red which sounded like it might happen.

G

galumay

Well, i have to head out to dinner shortly so will catch the 2nd half in the morning....and my Tah's game....and its a bloody AFL household I am going to. What was I thinking??

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
"Nothing Ngatai can do there" - umm, maybe he doesn't grab the guys legs??? FFS these comms are clueless as to the laws. They even tried to blame the guy who got flipped. )
FFS Cyclo, he was tackling the man and he jumped, it was too late not to grab his legs.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Terrible call, if Dixon doesn't jump he doesn't get into the dangerous position in the first place. Not even a penalty IMO & I think Dixon knows it.

Completely agreed. Not even a penalty. There's far too much (bullshit) emphasis on the result of the tackle as opposed to the actual tackle. He jumped into the tackle, that is the only dangerous factor at play there.

The way they go on about "he didn't land on his head or neck, so it's not red" is completely fucking irrelevant.

Aaron Smith's tackle a few weeks ago should be used as an example of a rational decision.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Actually look at the replay, he doesn't grab his legs, when Dixon jumps he pulls out!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
@Cyclo, IMO Ngatai committed to an above-the-knee tackle that became a below-the-knee tackle due to Elliott completely unnecessarily jumping into the tackle. As above: no jump, no flip. Simples.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The way they go on about "he didn't land on his head or neck, so it's not red" is completely fucking irrelevant.

Challenging players in the air - Law 10.4(i)
  • Play on – Fair challenge with both players in a realistic position to catch the ball. Even if the player(s) land(s) dangerously, play on
  • Penalty only – Fair challenge with wrong timing - No pulling down
  • Yellow card – Not a fair challenge, there is no contest and the player is pulled down landing on his back or side
  • Red card – Not a fair challenge, there is no contest and the player lands on his head, neck or shoulder

apparently it is

it shouldn't be, but it is

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Try Naholo, Tribe gonna struggle to come back from this.

@Cyclo: once you've committed to the point of getting your face out've the way of a potential knee, how exactly does one not go through with it?

Anyhoo, Clan 18-3 Tribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.