• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Matches without a match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ let's see how he goes next week v Taufua, shall we, chaps? But yes, wouldn't look at all out've place in Black.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
lol never WOB, just I would like the clan to have a crack at finals again. Doesn't worry me too much who ends up 1 or 2 etc, if you good enough you win the comp!! Beside the Canes are going to.....:p

M

Moono75

Good game after a few scrappy performances. They are right about the place and building for a repeat title.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Chiffs forwards a bit shonky at times there. Dominic Bird may as well be the next fuckin Mark Cooksley.
They'll pick Kaino
cant train during week because of shoulder, Wales coming too soon, might be bit too rooted iHomo

Ngatai lifted and followed through with his arms after Dixon was in the air.
Lucky it wasn't a red.
yeah I reckon. regardless of any intent or mistiming from either party, as soon as the refs see legs go up and over all akimbo like that, arse over kite, they get all "player welfare" and its either definite yellow or possible red.

Churning through the curtain raisers here, next up Shawks vs Canes, leading up to the main event, The Auckland Blues vs The Kquota Kings. If the good guys stuff this one up a Hitler parody youtube vid will probably involuntarily shoot forth from my pecker with motherfucking krakatoa velocity

**LEST WE FORGET**

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Canes vs Sharks is interesting. Last week the Canes absolutely flogged the Lions at altitude, and this week the Sharks are making them look like the Reds against the Crusaders.

Currently 32-8 and that's generous to the Canes, they are getting beaten across the field and in all aspects of the game.

Super Rugby is a strange game sometimes...

G

galumay

Just watched the Blues v Kings game, i thought the Bloos were crazy taking the kick for the corner when they won a penalty right in front with a few minutes to run and a 4 point lead, they ended up winning a tight head and getting the 7 points, then I thought they were crazy for running the ball in the 82nd minute when they could have kicked it out - and they scored the bonus point try. Shows how little I know!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Shawks v HorrorCanes highlights:

First time I've known the teams trudging up the tunnel at HT to qualify as a highlight............

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bloos v Kings highlights:

Beginning to wonder if the combined shocks of Bloos winning away from home for the first time since 2013 & winning three in a row for the first time since ~1879 was too much for @Dismal's heart condition. It's either that or his Official Match Review is gonna be bigger than (the original) Ben Hur.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Beginning to wonder if the combined shocks of Bloos winning away from home for the first time since 2013 & winning three in a row for the first time since ~1879 was too much for @Dismal's heart condition. It's either that or his Official Match Review is gonna be bigger than (the original) Ben Hur.
ha, no Official Match Report here, fell asleep and missed the whole lot.

Can only imagine how it all played out.

Unofficial Metch Report: Blues vs Kuota Kings

ben-hur-movie-image-2.jpg

Halfback Bryn Hall gets the forwards going as the backs get in behind, everyone bolting like fuck directly for the tryline.

Ben_Hur_race.jpg

More mayhem breaks out, fuck knows really, anyway, trytime Blues.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So is that "fell asleep" as in "drank 19 Asahi's waiting for kickoff" or "fell asleep" as in "watched 19 min of Shwaks v HorrorCanes and needed a lie-down (& 19 Asahi's) to erase it from my memory" ?????

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I feel like the Ngatai should get off scot free for some idiot jumping into a tackle, which is a penalisable offence. When I played the player jumping would get penalised 100% of the time. If you jump right before contact, theres no way a defender diving into a tackle has time to correct for safety. Fault of the tackler, he should get penalised regardless of it was dangerous.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Actually was reading an article other day about the tackle etc and the suggestion was it is time to perhaps penalise players that jump outside of a lineout as they are tending to put themselves at risk of serious injury. I know it was abit tongue in cheek type thing, but is is something I have thought about at times, as players that do leap, or get lifted to catch kick offs, are putting themselves in harms way, and if we don't be a little careful we will end up with players just jumping in air to know that they will get ball uncontested. If I wanted less contests ,I would watch league.

NB: I am not suggesting we ban jumping, just that we need to be a little careful how protective we get of players, so as not to change our competitive game!!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I feel like the Ngatai should get off scot free for some idiot jumping into a tackle, which is a penalisable offence. When I played the player jumping would get penalised 100% of the time. If you jump right before contact, theres no way a defender diving into a tackle has time to correct for safety. Fault of the tackler, he should get penalised regardless of it was dangerous.

There's a difference in this situation though at the very least in the ref/TMOs mind, that Dixon did not jump into the tackle but rather jumped to catch ball.

It was awkward sequence all round, and on balance I think the right decisions were made - onfield and off.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
ROUND 12 MATCH DETAILS:

Highlanders v Crusaders
@ Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin: 1735 Friday (AEST)
Referee: Chris Pollock
Assistant Referees: Jamie Nutbrown, Kane McBride
TMO: Aaron Paterson
TAB: Crusaders $1.77-$2.05 Highlanders

MOTR & potentially of the season to date.

Sunwolves v Stormers
@ Singapore National Stadium, Singapore: 2155 Saturday
Referee: Paul Williams
Assistant Referees: Mike Fraser, Shuhei Kubo
TMO: Takashi Hareda
TAB: Stormers $1.05-$8.50 Sunwolves

Cheetahs v Kings
@ Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein: 0105 Sunday
Referee: Federico Anselmi
Assistant Referees: Stuart Berry, AJ Jacobs
TMO: Johan Greeff
TAB: Cheetahs $1.04-$9.00 Kings