• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Matches without a match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What a magnificent game of rugby between Highlanders and Crusaders. High speed, high skill, high intensity - simply a level above. Well-refereed by Chris Pollock who is the best Kiwi ref by a mile (although the IRB don't seem to think so)

That is how rugby should be played. As Murray Mexted might have said; simply pulsating.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
Open the other eye, mate. These buggers are at a different level.

Give me a good saffer derby grind over that any time ;)

Seriously though, I started watching at the Highlander's last try, off fairly standard phase play, "that's the best try you'll see all season!!!!!!!!"

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Perhaps a bit of a rude shock for the feted & tenured Cantab AB royalty. Guys, we know you just use the lower level of Super rugby to keep in shape til the AB's season starts, Carter admitted as much in his book, but ffs. Mailed in a solid 80% effort there while the opposition played like they actually want the higher honours

Cantabacks falling off tackles. Macilai, Mcnicholl, Fonotia and Hava Nagilah. Gotta ask yerselves guys; is Matt Faddes that good or are you that shit?

All of NZ outside CantaBland smiles when the evil empire cops a hiding. Surely.

Goddamn love those Highlanders.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^ brace yourself, @Dismal, 28 May is coming :) & I'd just like to point out that despite everything above being more-or-less true, we're still Top of the Table & will remain so no matter what else happens this weekend.

As for the "evil empire cops a hiding" thing, yup, we do seem to have overtaken D'Auckland in the envy/ schadenfreude stakes :)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Perhaps a bit of a rude shock for the feted & tenured Cantab AB royalty. Guys, we know you just use the lower level of Super rugby to keep in shape til the AB's season starts, Carter admitted as much in his book, but ffs. Mailed in a solid 80% effort there while the opposition played like they actually want the higher honours

Cantabacks falling off tackles. Macilai, Mcnicholl, Fonotia and Hava Nagilah. Gotta ask yerselves guys; is Matt Faddes that good or are you that shit?

All of NZ outside CantaBland smiles when the evil empire cops a hiding. Surely.

Goddamn love those Highlanders.

Spoken like a true blue Aucklander.:)

G

galumay

You'll go a long way to see a better game of rugby than that one. Anyone who didn't see the game should find time to catch a replay.

Indeed, it was a ripper. I wonder what might have been if the 'Saders had gone for the corner early in that first half when they had all the momentum. Watching with a mate we were both surprised and felt it was a little odd.

What a contrast watching the aussie game afterwards. Ponderous stuff.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I'd just like to point out that despite everything above being more-or-less true, we're still Top of the Table & will remain so no matter what else happens this weekend.

Only by the skin of your teeth. Going to be a close race for number one.

rugby rankings.JPG

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Indeed, it was a ripper. I wonder what might have been if the 'Saders had gone for the corner early in that first half when they had all the momentum. Watching with a mate we were both surprised and felt it was a little odd.

What a contrast watching the aussie game afterwards. Ponderous stuff.

Yeah, that was a fantastic game of rugby

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Only by the skin of your teeth. Going to be a close race for number one.

View attachment 7807

Yup, 'twas a perfect opportunity to put some distance between us & the Tribe but we weren't good enough (or, probably more accurately, your guys didn't allow us to be).

You've got the bye next week, as do the 'canes, Tribe have the Rebs in HamNZ (Ta Ta, Rebs) & we've got the 'tahs in CheeChee so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're back to 5th by the end of that lot.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Watching replay of HGLD vs CTB.

Elliot Dixon has to get a look in black. Absolute maniac. Huge engine.

W.Oldboy, J.Mcnicoll in black? The guy is only borderline adequate for super rugby level. Lost on D, shit hands, and doesnt back his pace.

Fonotia had some nice touches on attack but as ACT said holy shit he shouldve been hooked at halftime.

Hilarious & Beautiful to hear Tony Johnstone start off full of beans for his boys and then... oh dear... my boys.... my heroes... the voice goes down an octave or so to.... the disconsolate tone.

Tony Johnstone, from various camera angles, after the first 10 minutes:

laughguys_zpsdf46ec90.gif

....and by fulltime:
somethingf_zpspdjfawja.gif

Marshall too. Highlanders score and it's "they can play!" in a surprised manner. They're the reigning fucking champions you dick. Of course they can fucking play.

Romano's disallowed try looked lke a fuckin try to me. Lying prone, he just reached out and plonked it down. Trytime. Reducing yourself to having to recycle the ball from that position in turn diminishes the standard of excellence for the entire sport itself. Let the athletes show their shit.

G

galumay

Nice try to Yamada, very sneaky!! The SW's are an exciting and entertaining side - even if they almost never win!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Well that was a fascinating game. Hard to believe that the side that got flogged by 70 points by the Cheetahs, got flogged by the Force at home, and managed to lose to the Kings, can somehow lead the Stormers the entire match and then draw right on the 80 minute mark.

These Saffa sides REALLY don't travel well!!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
HT Lions 19 Blues 0.
A wet empty stadium and Blues with shit all over their pants here. Bonus point try attained by 11th minute

Did I mention empty, there is absolutely nobody there, just a sea of empty red seats.

ps, Bobby Skinstadt and the expat pommy colonial fucktard commentator can go die in a fire. A fire of death by bum-burning insects

Status
Not open for further replies.