• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby AU Qualifying Final Brumbies v Force

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Excellent to see the good coverage continue in the West Australian.
Enjoying the build-up for Saturday's game.
Getting excited about the flight to Canberra.

0781_001.jpg

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Think you might be overstating the size of the Brumbies backline K77. None of White, Lolesio, Ikitau, or Muirhead is what you'd call large, and Wright and Banks are about average I'd say for their positions, leaving just Simone as maybe larger than average for a No 12. I think you might miss TK more than you're expecting.

I'm sure you're right. The Brumbies seemed huge compared to our team in Perth. Although I may have been swayed in my opinion by the forwards. We didn't have a particularly tall starting pack and your pack towered over us at the lineout.

The backs seemed big that day too but maybe my memory is tainted.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Listed weights :

White - 80kg
Lolesio - 89kg
Wright - 98kg
Simone - 105kg
Ikitau - 90kg
Muirhead - 84kg
Banks - 93kg

Cubelli - 80kg
Miotti - 91kg
Pulu - 93kg
Godwin - 99kg
Kuridrani/Kahui - 102/103kg
Olowofela - 92kg
Kearney - 94kg.

Difference in size overall pretty insignificant in my eyes, but actually totals about 13kg in the Force favour.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Are you suggesting, D, that Lenny is the odd man out in all of rugby by understating his weight? Otoh, I think Noah would have to be dripping wet to be near 89kg.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Rory Scott, Pete Samu, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Tom Wright, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Banks

Reserves: Lachlan Lonergan, Scott Sio, Tom Ross, Nick Frost, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Reesjan Pasitoa, Mack Hansen

INs: Pete Samu, Irae Simone, Luke Reimer
OUTs: Will Miller, James Tucker, Bayley Kuenzle

FORCE (1-15): Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu'u, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Thrush, Sitaleki Timani, Fergus Lee-Warner, Kane Koteka, Brynard Stander, Tomas Cubelli, Domingo Miotti, Jordan Olowofela, Kyle Godwin (c), Richard Kahui, Toni Pulu, Jake Strachan

Reserves: Andrew Ready, Angus Warner, Greg Holmes, Ryan McCaulley, Tim Anstee, Ian Prior, Henry Taefu, Jack McGregor

INs: Henry Taefu
OUTs: Tevita Kurdrani

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
I'd only believe the players listed weights if they were being used to calculate the payload COG and take off weight for a team chartered Cessna. I'm sure the teams fudge those figures.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Disappointed Kearney isn't available.
Interesting to start Strachan over McGregor.
Also good to see Lee- Warner getting a start. he's been immense.
Might be to try and get at the Brumbies lineout and deal with their maul.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Force have confirmed that Anstee is actually starting at 6 over FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner).

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
McGregor has been a liability. Strachan might be a risk.
Lee-Warner has been immense.
Force by 5.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I'd only believe the players listed weights if they were being used to calculate the payload COG and take off weight for a team chartered Cessna. I'm sure the teams fudge those figures.

But I'm assuming they probably fudge the weights by approx the same amount, so the comparisons are still likely to be valid.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Force have confirmed that Anstee is actually starting at 6 over FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner).

Pity, tho Anstee has been playing exceptionall good recently. I was however, looking forward to FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) and Valetini going head to head. I anticate Rob will put in another very physical shift while I thought FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) would show that he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Listed weights :

White - 80kg
Lolesio - 89kg
Wright - 98kg
Simone - 105kg
Ikitau - 90kg
Muirhead - 84kg
Banks - 93kg

Cubelli - 80kg
Miotti - 91kg
Pulu - 93kg
Godwin - 99kg
Kuridrani/Kahui - 102/103kg
Olowofela - 92kg
Kearney - 94kg.

Difference in size overall pretty insignificant in my eyes, but actually totals about 13kg in the Force favour.

If I've learnt anything in all my years on this forum is that you shouldn't use facts to counter argue a point someone has made. ;). Brumbies are obviously much bigger than the men from the West.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pretty low key buildup on here!

I am hanging for this.

Not really surprising as the Brumbies and the Western Force are the least supported Super Rugby franchises on G&GR.

Check out the numbers for the 2021 threads for each team (for Replies and Views):

Reds - 2,400/175k
Tahs - 2,400/152k
Rebels - 1,400/85k
WF - 780/60k
Brumbies - 220/25k

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Not really surprising as the Brumbies and the Western Force are the least supported Super Rugby franchises on G&GR.

Check out the numbers for the 2021 threads for each team (for Replies and Views):

Reds - 2,400/175k
Tahs - 2,400/152k
Rebels - 1,400/85k
WF - 780/60k
Brumbies - 220/25k

That makes sense. Kinda assumed so.
Shows we still have a long way to go as a sport to get genuine wider interest.
If we can't get Queenslanders and New Southwelsh rugby fans excited about this we have zero chance of getting AFL or league fans converted.