• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby AU Qualifying Final Brumbies v Force

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Well we can debate the merits of making the finals as third in a five team comp with just a 50% win rate - but you probably won't be hearing it coming from the west of the continent and not just because we can't get over that way. But the good news is that the Force are over in Canberra https://www.facebook.com/groups/503083813372737/permalink/1403897519958024/

I think that the Force are up against it in this game as the Brumbies do the tough stuff that the Force have done well the last couple of weeks better that anyone else in Aus, plus have the backline to exploit the hard work. The force for the most part have relied on luck (an intercept and lucky bounce) and up the front grunt work which probably can't run out for a third week.

As an interesting sub-plot - is this the game to decide the Wallabies hooker for the first game re France?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well we can debate the merits of making the finals as third in a five team comp with just a 50% win rate - but you probably won't be hearing it coming from the west of the continent and not just because we can't get over that way. But the good news is that the Force are over in Canberra https://www.facebook.com/groups/503083813372737/permalink/1403897519958024/

I think that the Force are up against it in this game as the Brumbies do the tough stuff that the Force have done well the last couple of weeks better that anyone else in Aus, plus have the backline to exploit the hard work. The force for the most part have relied on luck (an intercept and lucky bounce) and up the front grunt work which probably can't run out for a third week.

As an interesting sub-plot - is this the game to decide the Wallabies hooker for the first game re France?

I have no issue with 3rd place getting a shot at the title, this was the rule at the start of the season and given how close games have been this season i think it is fair to say that the teams are closer together that the ladder reflects.

As a Reds member, I feel that the minor premiership is the most important thing in 2021 (unless we win the grand final too)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

This is the kind of bullshit we used to trot out when we lost to England for the xth time and conceded a bunch of tries by turning the ball over when under pressure.

It's not luck. It's about forcing errors and capitalizing on them.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
This is the kind of bullshit we used to trot out when we lost to England for the xth time and conceded a bunch of tries by turning the ball over when under pressure.

It's not luck. It's about forcing errors and capitalizing on them.

I don't think I ever blamed it on luck, more a one dimensional, U12's level gameplan that Eddie Jones figured out 4 minutes into their strategy review and just rolled out each time.

Won several hundred $ on the quarter final by predicting the scoreline - I just averaged the scorelines out from the previous 6 games and nailed it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You would think brumbies to win this but with force improving and confidence high brumbies will need to be on their game.

This is finals footy so any side could go all the way. I think though brumbies too clinical so predict brumbies win.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The WF has shown the best defence against the Brumbies rolling maul.
WF's game plane is built of solid defence.
I reckon that the WF has shown enough improvement over the past 3 weeks to be in with a good chance.
Just hoping that I'll be allowed to travel so that I can be there to see it happen!

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Will be in Canb to observe these teams as a reds spy. I think the Brumbies structured style will suffocate the Force out of the game. WF seems to benefit when the game becomes chaotic with turnovers etc. Happy to see either team win because they've both fought hard. Brumbies seem to be very difficult to beat in Canberra

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Kuridrani has been suspended for three weeks so will miss this and the final should they beat the Brumbies (plus week 1 of Super Rugby TT).

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Moving on......time to test the depth that the WF has been talking about.

0780_001.jpg

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
I'd assume Kahui will be 13 instead of Kuridrani.

Whilst it will weaken our bench if Kahui can get up for it, he's a more creative option than Kuridrani. maybe we might benefit in a way as we won't be trying to run through a big Brumbies backline and might have to try threading a way through.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I'd assume Kahui will be 13 instead of Kuridrani.

Whilst it will weaken our bench if Kahui can get up for it, he's a more creative option than Kuridrani. maybe we might benefit in a way as we won't be trying to run through a big Brumbies backline and might have to try threading a way through.

Think you might be overstating the size of the Brumbies backline K77. None of White, Lolesio, Ikitau, or Muirhead is what you'd call large, and Wright and Banks are about average I'd say for their positions, leaving just Simone as maybe larger than average for a No 12. I think you might miss TK more than you're expecting.