• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Week 14:

Friday 24/05 Chiefs v Hurricanes 7:05 NZST

Saturday 25/05 Crusaders v Blues 7:05

Expecting smack talk from @Dismal Pillock & his apprentice shit-poster @zer0 here:

Sunday 26/05 Highlanders v Drua 2:05

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
They didn't teach razzmatazz numberings at Onehunga's premier educational institution, so I'm relying on @waiopehu oldboy to crunch the numbers to tell me the mathematical probabilities of the Crusaders making the playoffs.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
@Dismal Pillock & his apprentice shit-poster @zer0
gest14_zpsbe6c422c.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: Shaun Stevenson, Emoni Narawa, Anton Lienert-Brown, Quinn Tupaea, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Damian McKenzie, Cortez Ratima, Luke Jacobson (c), Kaylum Boshier, Simon Parker, Tupou Vaa’i, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, George Dyer, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Tyrone Thompson, Jared Proffit, Sione Ahio, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Wallace Sititi, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Josh Ioane, Rameka Poihipi.

Hurricanes: Ruben Love, Josh Moorby, Billy Proctor, Jordie Barrett (c), Kini Naholo, Brett Cameron, TJ Perenara, Brayden Iose, Peter Lakai, Devan Flanders, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Justin Sangster, Pasilio Tosi, Raymond Tuputupu, Xavier Numia. Reserves: James O’Reilly, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Tevita Mafileo, Caleb Delany, Te Kamaka Howden, Richard Judd, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Salesi Rayasi.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bring Rayasi on you cowards.

EDIT: He's on. Excellent. This will either be brilliant or disastrous for the Canes. Hopefully the latter.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
No it isn't. Referees regularly refuse to award not rolling penalties when the tackler is deliberately pinned by the offensive cleaners, as happened here. Jacobson is quite clearly deliberately pinned by three Hurricanes players (Lakai, Mafileo, and Naholo) and is making an even clearer effort to roll away, as evident by his legs flailing around like a fish out of water. The only reason he cannot roll away is because of deliberate play by three Hurricanes players. Naholo is the most obvious as he collapses down and pulls Lakai down onto Jacobson with him.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep understand that but I have seen that penalised most times as refs usually don't like tacklers getting itno that position. I reckon it's harsh, but still reckon that is penalised (rightly or wrongly) much more often than it not. When they don't is when they pull tackler on top of player, Jacobson's problem was it was just a good domiant tackle and he couldnt move away.
But anyway he was penalised and good guys won!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Pretty lame penalty to begin with. Doubly so to decide a (good) game on.
Top flight matchup, of course the sport hates itself so the match is ruined by the ref awarding a non-penalty at the death, game over. Dipshit. The sport just does itself no favours.

ALB rolling back the years.

Do NOT want to see an amped up out of his brain Flapanara reprising his bug-eyed 80-minute cajoling of the referee in test match rugby football.

Proctor should get a shot at AB centre, showed more than Rieko this season. Last couple of seasons really