• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
SBW will be wearing this on his collar instead of the BNZ logo he objects to:

IMG_0719.PNG

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...illiams-to-start-for-blues-against-hurricanes

No mention so far of what if anything replaces the Investec logo he also objects to. I can't help but notice, though, that Plunket's "sponsors & partners" include BNZ & the Lion Foundation which is a major player in the NZ pokies industry.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Gee WOB, I thought it quite a good compromise, and BNZ are a partner which is why THEY suggested it.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^ it's just kinda ironic is all........

PM Bill English on Monday:

"It is hard to understand that one guy has to behave differently than the rest," English told the AM Show on Monday.

"I don't understand all these professional contracts, but if you're in the team, you're in the team."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...l-williams-decision-to-cover-up-sponsors-logo

Seems to pretty much sum up sentiments this side of the ditch, maybe the days of "what isn't forbidden, is compulsory" aren't as far in the past as I thought :)

Reactions: mst

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
English should stfu, it has nothing to do with him!! Maybe I tend to be too soft, but I have no problems with SBW's stance, as I had no probs when the Goings and Iceman chose not to play sundays, I think everyone has to live by whatever their principles are, and I not going to question them all. Same as 2 Saffa cricketers that have same stance, if it makes them feel more comfortable playing the game, more power to them.
;) I maybe a kiwi, but I don't particularly like following sheep!:D

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
They've had ~60mm of rain in Christchurch since Thursday thanks to ex- Tropical Cyclone Cook & it's still pissing down but expected to stop by mid-afternoon. So expect a heavy ground & more forwards- than backs-oriented footy.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sunwolves do look to have a decent forward pack so may take some breaking down before the inevitable pantsing. TAB no longer taking H2H bets on the CruSadists (last price quoted was $1.01 & that was Wednesday), but you can get $8 for a win by 12 & under........

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Meanwhile on the "Auckland Blues to Infinity & Beyond" thread, the Dismal One has designed a New Jersey for SBW:

IMG_0720.JPG

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with him having a problem with having BNZ and/ or Investec logos on his shirt, I just find it a little ironic that the logo he'll be wearing instead belongs to an organisation supported by BNZ & also the biggest (I think) pokies operator in NZ.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Cheetahs: 15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Francois Venter (c), 12 Nico Lee, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Niel Marais, 9 Shaun Venter, 8 Henco Venter, 7 Oupa Mohoje, 6 Paul Schoeman, 5 Carl Wegner, 4 Armandt Koster, 3 Johan Coetzee, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 Ox Nche
Replacements: 16 Elandré Huggett, 17 Charles Marais, 18 Tom Botha, 19 Francois Uys, 20 Niell Jordaan, 21 Junior Pokomela / Luther Obi, 22 Tian Meyer, 23 Fred Zeilinga

Chiefs: 15 Damian McKenzie, 14 Toni Pulu, 13 Sam McNicol, 12 Anton Lienert-Brown, 11 James Lowe, 10 Aaron Cruden (cc), 9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8 Michael Leitch, 7 Sam Cane, 6 Mitchell Brown, 5 Brodie Retallick, 4 Taleni Seu, 3 Atu Moli, 2 Brayden Mitchell, 1 Kane Hames
Replacements: 16 Hika Elliot, 17 Siegfried Fisi’ihoi, 18 Sosefo Kautai, 19 Dominic Bird, 20 Liam Messam, 21 Finlay Christie, 22 Alex Nankivell, 23 Shaun Stevenson

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Stormers: 15 SP Marais, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 EW Viljoen, 12 Dan du Plessis, 11 Dillyn Leyds, 10 Robert du Preez, 9 Jano Vermaak, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Siya Kolisi (c), 6 Nizaam Carr, 5 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 JC Janse van Rensburg
Replacements: 16 Ramone Samuels, 17 Oli Kebble, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 Jan de Klerk, 20 Johan du Toit, 21 Godlen Masimla, 22 Kurt Coleman, 23 Dan Kriel

Lions: 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Madosh Tambwe, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 11 Courtnal Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Warren Whiteley (c), 7 Ruan Ackermann, 6 Jaco Kriel, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Ruan Dreyer, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Jacques van Rooyen
Replacements: 16 Robbie Coetzee, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Lourens Erasmus, 20 Albertus Smith, 21 Faf de Klerk, 22 Harold Vorster, 23 Sylvian Mahuza

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bulls: 15 Jesse Kriel, 14 Travis Ismaiel, 13 Jan Serfontein, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Jamba Ulengo, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Hanro Liebenberg, 7 Jannes Kirsten, 6 Nick de Jager, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Pierre Schoeman
Replacements: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Martin Dreyer, 19 Jason Jenkins, 20 Marnus Schoeman, 21 Rudy Paige, 22 Tian Schoeman, 23 Warrick Gelant

Jaguares: 15 Joaquín Tuculet, 14 Santiago Cordero, 13 Matías Orlando, 12 Jerónimo de la Fuente, 11 Emiliano Boffelli, 10 Santiago González Iglesias , 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Leonardo Senatore, 7 Rodrigo Baez, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Marcos Kremer, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Ramiro Herrera, 2 Agustín Creevy (c), 1 Lucas Noguera Paz
Replacements: 16 Roberto Tejerizo, 17 Santiago García Botta, 18 Enrique Pieretto, 19 Benjamin Macome, 20 Tomás Lezana, 21 Felipe Ezcurra, 22 Nicolás Sánchez, 23 Ramiro Moyano

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Pieter-Steph and Boet vs Lions . Going to be epic at Newlands. Stormers by 1

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

zer0

John Thornett (49)
"Let's kick the ball away to a NZ team, that's a good trick!"

-Sunwolves, probably.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fuck Knows how we leave a team Like the sunwolves in and get rid of an aussie team. Fair enough the rebels have been smashed a fair bit this year but this is the first game in new Zealand for the sunwolves and the second time they have played a kiwi team. What a joke. They will smoked when they are in the Aussie conference

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Good to see Andrew Makalio provide some Onehunga jailbreak action for the Crusaders.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Fuck Knows how we leave a team Like the sunwolves in and get rid of an aussie team. Fair enough the rebels have been smashed a fair bit this year but this is the first game in new Zealand for the sunwolves and the second time they have played a kiwi team. What a joke. They will smoked when they are in the Aussie conference

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

and 43-3 they put in a chip kick in their own 22.
How can they survive.
The fix has got to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.