• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks v Wallabies - Sunday 2 October 1am AEST - Loftus Versfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Whose to be omitted?

I'd love to see Fardy back on the field, but not more than I'd like to see Timani and Douglas get a run.

Likewise I'd love to see Naivalu get a run but I don't think this is the game for it. I think he'll be cut and Cheika will go for a 6:2 bench to muscle up against the Boks.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Interesting that no-one has made mention of Rory Arnold being dropped. At first glance it looks like he'll go for a 6:2 split but now I'm not so sure. Douglas will get a spot and McMahon and Hooper should be penned in for 80 minutes, so on that basis one of Fardy or Timani aren't required. UNLESS the intention is for McMahon and Timani to share a game. I reckon Sefa will get his cap.

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
RESERVES

(One to be omitted)
16. James Hanson
17. James Slipper
18. Tom Robertson
19. Kane Douglas
20. Scott Fardy
21. Lopeti Timani
22. Nick Phipps
23. Tevita Kuridrani
24. Sefa Naivalu

Excellent bench. Any could start on a different day.

I was interested to read that Naivalu's run 10.5 for the 100m.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm fairly happy with the team selected. They've gone alright in the last couple of games and I really want to see us go hard against the Boks on the weekend. For all the debate over selections, let's not forget how many new blokes have been picked this season. What is it, eight or nine in total? That's plenty and really I can't think of too many good players who've missed out.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Right fuckers: its not the team you may want, but its the team we've got.

Bar up and get behind that shit!

I'm out at the Rays game this weekend with some visiting Kiwis, so the rest of you better show up so we can put on a decent day.

Not sure how hard I'll hit the beers, but I should be awake for this one. Just to watch Boomstick smash it down the park and gain us 60m off the dirty, DIRTY Bok shoulder charges.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I hope Naivalu gets a start. Personally I feel Timani may be only a stop gap, whereas I feel Naivalu could be a long term starter. As such, the sooner he gets a gig the better for mine.

All based on no more than gut feel of course, and from a guy who initially though Kefu wasn't good enough to make it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Springboks
15 Pat Lambie, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Juan de Jongh, 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Morne Steyn, 9 Rudy Paige, 8 Warren Whiteley, 7 Oupa Mohoje, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Vincent Koch, 2 Adriaan Strauss (captain), 1 Tendai Mtawarira
Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Julian Redelinghuys, 19 Lood de Jager, 20 Willem Alberts, 21 Jaco Kriel, 22 Lionel Mapoe, 23 Willie le Roux
Wallabies
15 Israel Folau, 14 Dane Haylett-Petty, 13 Samu Kerevi, 12 Bernard Foley, 11 Reece Hodge, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Will Genia, 8 Sean McMahon, 7 Michael Hooper, 6 Dean Mumm, 5 Rob Simmons, 4 Adam Coleman, 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Stephen Moore (captain), 1 Scott Sio

Substitutes (from): 16 James Hanson, 17 James Slipper, 18 Tom Robertson, 19 Kane Douglas, 20 Scott Fardy, 21 Lopeti Timani, 22 Nick Phipps, 23 Tevita Kuridrani, 24 Sefa Naivalu

AC has official lost the plot. Wallabies by 50.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
giphy.gif

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If the Wallabies don't win this test at Loftus, they wont win there ever. Its the weakest Springbok side I have ever seen on paper.

Maybe we need another heavy loss , just for AC to sort of realize he is on the road to nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.