• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springbokke vs Pumas

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Yeah, I believe I've only ever seen two instances of bent as opposed to bad refing, 3rd & 4th AB v Bokke Tests in '76. Pretty sure there's a YouTube vid of the lowlights, I'll post it if I can find it.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Great first half. uber shite second half. Springbok style.

It seemed to me that, once we basically closed out the game, it was cotton wool time and he put on as many reserves as possible, as quickly as possible. Not ideal, but you don't wanna risk all your front line players in the last match before the world cup if it isn't necessary.

Lambie was great, Etsebeth was fired up, Matfield was all over the place for an old man, Alberts did well enough on his return, Kriel belongs at centre(or full back, not wing), and Kirchner was solid and hard, didn't see him miss tackles unlike Le Roux does all the time. And Nyakane, wow, never thought he would at least hold his ground against the Argies. Not spectacular at all, but much better than expected.

And at least Pollard seemed less error-ridden than usual when he came on, which is a good omen as we need at least one player to bring some spark off the bench. Du Toit also made a positive impact. The rest of the bench didn't do much, as usual. If we can only get Duane back now, I think we'll look a lot stronger than 2 weeks ago.

BUT, I think none of us are delusional, we won't beat either the AB's or Australia playing like that. Still a lot of margin for improvement.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Scrumstats has Kirchner at 4/2 for tackles - 50% tackle success rate.

Brussow leading the count with 14/2 followd by Etzebeth at 10/1

Other notable player is Britz, his stats are pretty up there considering he only came on for the final quarter. Most meters gained amongst the forwards, 2 clean breaks, 2 defenders beaten 4 offloads, you'd swear he was a back, at 4/3 his tackle completion is low. Though I suspect that those missed tackles would be him going for a tackle which other players would not have attempted. Strauss heavily out of form.

du Toit looked fine at Blindside, bodes well for his RWC selection.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scrumstats has Kirchner at 4/2 for tackles - 50% tackle success rate.

Brussow leading the count with 14/2 followd by Etzebeth at 10/1

Other notable player is Britz, his stats are pretty up there considering he only came on for the final quarter. Most meters gained amongst the forwards, 2 clean breaks, 2 defenders beaten 4 offloads, you'd swear he was a back, at 4/3 his tackle completion is low. Though I suspect that those missed tackles would be him going for a tackle which other players would not have attempted. Strauss heavily out of form.

du Toit looked fine at Blindside, bodes well for his RWC selection.
Brits & PSDT impressed me aswell.

Cant understand why he havent use Kitshoff, Ginga was impressive all of S15 2015.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
My Bok RWC run on 15.

Willie, Kriel, Serfontein, Die Ellende, Hendricks, Pollard, FdP, Duanne, Coetzee, Brussouw, Etsebeth, PSDT, Malherbe, BdP, Kitshoff.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes, came on for the last 10-15mins of this game.

He struggled for form all year (when he was fit), the Bulls looked better every time Burger Odendaal started at 12 ahead of him IMO. When last did he play 13 PB? Very big call on your part to select an out of form 12 to start at 13 and an in form 13 to start on the wing. Besides, Kriel looked like he struggled positionally when he started on the wing the previous weekend. His opposite winger (Imhoff) was the first player to ever score 3 tries in a game against the Boks. Not exactly a great indicator of Kriel's ability on the wing.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
For what it's worth, my run on team would be:

Le Roux, Pietersen, Kriel, De Allende, Habana, Lambie, Du Preez, Vermuelen, Alberts, Louw, De Jäger, Etzebeth, Jannie, Bismarck, Beast.

Subs:
Britz, Kitshoff, Malherbe, Matfield, Burger, Pienaar, Pollard, De Villiers (if fit).

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
For what it's worth, my run on team would be:

Le Roux, Pietersen, Kriel, De Allende, Habana, Lambie, Du Preez, Vermuelen, Alberts, Louw, De Jäger, Etzebeth, Jannie, Bismarck, Beast.

Subs:
Britz, Kitshoff, Malherbe, Matfield, Burger, Pienaar, Pollard, De Villiers (if fit).
JPP? You cant be serious. He & Kirschner is the same type of players. You can swop de Ellende & Serfontein if you want, Kriel to be there to dish out enough high 5s.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
JPP? You cant be serious. He & Kirschner is the same type of players. You can swop de Ellende & Serfontein if you want, Kriel to be there to dish out enough high 5s.
JPP hasn't had the best season, but there are no other wingers banging the door down with their form. Hendricks didn't have a great year and was even benched a few times for the Cheetahs! He is also suspect in defence - I have seen Savea make him look like less than a speed bump on too many occasions to feel confident with him out there. JPP is a big game player, he has proved that time and time again. I would pick Mvovo if I wasn't going to go with JPP.

Haha to put Serfontein ahead of De Allende would be absolutely ridiculous. Serfontein hasn't done anything all year to put himself in the frame for a starting spot. De Allende has been one of the form South African players all year.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
JPP hasn't had the best season, but there are no other wingers banging the door down with their form. Hendricks didn't have a great year and was even benched a few times for the Cheetahs! He is also suspect in defence - I have seen Savea make him look like less than a speed bump on too many occasions to feel confident with him out there. JPP is a big game player, he has proved that time and time again. I would pick Mvovo if I wasn't going to go with JPP.

Haha to put Serfontein ahead of De Allende would be absolutely ridiculous. Serfontein hasn't done anything all year to put himself in the frame for a starting spot. De Allende has been one of the form South African players all year.
I want both.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Serfontein (and Pollard to some extent) are victims of Ludeke's (lack of) coaching! Both have so much natural talent, and still produce moments of brilliance, but neither of them have kicked on (yet) since becoming regular senior players. Hopefully this will change from next year and both players can kick on and achieve the things most SA rugby fans know they are capable of! Give them the freedom to play their natural games rather than being coached to play a clearly outdated style of rugby!

Status
Not open for further replies.