• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

So, the Australian scrum. Am I worrying too much?

• Thread starter Bread and the crumbs
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
ok word on the street is robinsons injury not as bad as first thought
watch this spot
lets not say anything else yet>> patience people... and pray

Manuel

Herbert Moran (7)
Why on earth are you so worried about England, given the pools?

I'd worry a hell of a lot more about the Italians, if I were you. They've a truly magnificent scrum; and if they go to town on your scrum in the first game, it could set a perception about your scrum in stone in the minds of every referee.

This.

And please remember Alexander's international performances (and Ma'afu's, but I think everybody does). The guy got destroyed against Wales last year, even with Robinson at LH. The guy just can't scrummage!

T

TheNextBigThing

ok word on the street is robinsons injury not as bad as first thought
watch this spot
lets not say anything else yet>> patience people... and pray

We heard it here first.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...o-world-cup-hope/story-e6frg7o6-1226096982439

WALLABIES loosehead Test prop Benn Robinson is still hoping to play in the World Cup starting in September.

His stance comes only a week after sustaining a knee injury which ruled him out for the rest of the season.

Robinson ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in in right knee in the Wallabies' first training session of the year at Coogee Oval in Sydney last Monday.

The injury requires surgery and will sideline Robinson for about six months.

But Robinson, who met with Wallabies doctor Warren McDonald at the team's hotel in Coogee today, said today there was a chance the operation could be delayed.

“Of course, I want to play in the World Cup,” Robinson said. “If there is a bit of a chance, I'll take it.

“They are still testing to see how much strength is in it.. I'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out what the real results are, but surgery may be delayed a little bit.

“It's still as bad as it looked, but I think my body is fairly unique.”

Robinson is rated in top echelon of international props and his presence would be a huge fillip for the Wallabies who suffered a demoralising 32-23 loss to Samoa in their opening Test match of the season yesterday.

I'm not cracking the champagne yet though.

B

Balls_SlanderandRuck

Italian scrum is dodgy i find. Some games its remarkable, the next its average. When i say average its hardly 'beaten off the park' however. If the Italians are up for it, and they will be as against us will probably be their world cup final, they will try and hockey us up front. Castro will fancy that. If we get jitters there it cant help psychologically in the minds of ref and our mix and match front row.

Ireland could do a job on us too. Let me reiterate as i have on other threats only to be ignored. They have probably, as of this moment, the strongest pack in Europe. Mike Ross has only come into the set up at the six nations and helped bully the french (Who at that point i considered to have the best pack in rugby), and decimate then English pack. Incase you havent watched the Heineken cup, he also schooled Zirkasvili, Domingo-Servat, Castro, Tonga'uhia (Second half after the guy stopped boring in illegally). Id argue those guys would make most peoples XV's in front rows. He bullied most of them, rarely got pushed back. He will bully the daylights out of our pack, however its his partner Healy thats hot n cold. He is very dynamaic in the loose, but in the pack he can even play averagely or he can play like a pumped up Saffa. I might add he is very much on form.

Irelands scrum dominated England when they last met i might add. We mightnt even face England, its Ireland we should be worrying about.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Why on earth are you so worried about England, given the pools?

I'd worry a hell of a lot more about the Italians, if I were you. They've a truly magnificent scrum; and if they go to town on your scrum in the first game, it could set a perception about your scrum in stone in the minds of every referee.

The Italians always have a magnificent scrum, and we always manage to deal with it and win comfortably (Padova in 08 was not exactly comfortable but all other times it has never really been in doubt). We have not had the same success against the Poms.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Italian scrum is dodgy i find. Some games its remarkable, the next its average. When i say average its hardly 'beaten off the park' however. If the Italians are up for it, and they will be as against us will probably be their world cup final, they will try and hockey us up front. Castro will fancy that. If we get jitters there it cant help psychologically in the minds of ref and our mix and match front row.

That's true. Various 6 nations teams have dominated the Italian scrum, particularly the French.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Isn't scrummaging marvellous? The look of child-like delight on the Bull's face after the first one is everything right and splendid about rugby. :D

W

What2040

scrum a bit dodgy - yeah maybe - the secret is to win the game, dodgy scrum or not. If backs play to potential the odd dodgy (as long as no penalty tries) is bearable

Status
Not open for further replies.