• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Six Nations 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Rumours are that Mas was back in the French side due to player power. We could well see the French players revolt during the RWC but the last game of the Six Nations is probably too far out for players to risk their RWC berth.

I don't think anyone in the French set-up, including the players, knows how to get them firing and playing attractive rugby again.

It would be nice to see them find a magic spark of inspiration from somewhere next weekend and light up the final game of the championship. Long term they need a foreign coach.

I think PSA is safe until after the RWC, France have never sacked a head coach. But they probably have all the paperwork completed already to be delivered on the final whistle of RWC campaign.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rumours are that Mas was back in the French side due to player power. We could well see the French players revolt during the RWC but the last game of the Six Nations is probably too far out for players to risk their RWC berth.

I don't think anyone in the French set-up, including the players, knows how to get them firing and playing attractive rugby again.

It would be nice to see them find a magic spark of inspiration from somewhere next weekend and light up the final game of the championship. Long term they need a foreign coach.

I think PSA is safe until after the RWC, France have never sacked a head coach. But they probably have all the paperwork completed already to be delivered on the final whistle of RWC campaign.
I get the feeling that they've got the England soccer team syndrome. Too many euros at risk to give 100% at international level.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Some before the welsh game were predicting that we were going to see oireland lay out their game plan for the rwc and we wouldn't be able to stay with them. even 25-6 scorelines. Now I know where the gnome spent the week! Hope there is another plan in the Schmidt notebook cos the one we saw was v lateral. Maybe the running with the ball stat includes side to side runs.
Top stalking CB, as I said myself, dangerously over confident. That said Ireland were very complacent IMHO. By the time they brought the necessary levels of intensity it was too late and white line fever set in. Annoying that a very winnable Grand Slam has gone south but if it gives them a boot up the arse and gets Schmidt to let the hand brake off it might be no bad thing. Maybe some of the chief St Joe pom pom fluffers might acknowledge that Kidney was not quite such a poor coach after all, he got Ireland over the GS line after all.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Can't see beyond an English championship win to be honest. Wales I think may struggle to break down the Italian side especially without our frontline props. We don't look like cutting loose & lack the "x factor" behind the scrum to break opponents down.
I'd love to see Adam Jones brought back in but it'll never happen - Aaron Jarvis will start & get turned inside out at scrumtime.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Can't see beyond an English championship win to be honest. Wales I think may struggle to break down the Italian side especially without our frontline props. We don't look like cutting loose & lack the "x factor" behind the scrum to break opponents down.
I'd love to see Adam Jones brought back in but it'll never happen - Aaron Jarvis will start & get turned inside out at scrumtime.
Saturday's game will have taken a hell of a lot out of the Welsh team. 288 tackles is an unbelievable statistic. Hopefully PSA's asylum team can perform a miracle and keep England down to the odd score. Not going to make the mistake of being dangerously confident again, Ireland will struggle to win the championship now. The GS was the aim, and it was achievable but Ireland fucked it up.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Wales v Italy:

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 George North, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Liam Williams, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Luke Charteris, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 2 Scott Baldwin, 1 Rob Evans.
Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Rhys Gill, 18 Scott Andrews, 19 Jake Ball, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Gareth Davies, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Scott Williams.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_37565,00.html

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
As Plastic Paddy said Saturday's game must have drained the Welsh team, Gatland said as much after the game & said his team for Italy would reflect this. But what do we get - the same selection bar the two injuries at prop.
It could blow up in their faces on Saturday against Italy.
Stubborn bugger !

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Top stalking CB, as I said myself, dangerously over confident. That said Ireland were very complacent IMHO. By the time they brought the necessary levels of intensity it was too late and white line fever set in. Annoying that a very winnable Grand Slam has gone south but if it gives them a boot up the arse and gets Schmidt to let the hand brake off it might be no bad thing. Maybe some of the chief St Joe pom pom fluffers might acknowledge that Kidney was not quite such a poor coach after all, he got Ireland over the GS line after all.

I would say the quality of every team bar France has measurably improved since Kidney. But you make a point about JS and the hype, this loss will kill off a lot of that which to be honest I found sickly and over the top and building hype in excess of 2007 standards.

Just seen the game last night, weirdly enough I felt we played better against Wales than we have in our past three games. White line fever boy, we've messed up three certain tries in three games now by not passing out wide. For a team who's said to have the best half backs in the game that really is poor game management.

But anyway we did attack very well, it's only after phase 5/6 in the 22 we lose our way. Strange that.

Wales did superb in the forwards, a collosal effort and it will show. Huge injury toll and very energy sapping. Italy will be hurt from this week and I can't see a huge win there. I can see Italy killing the Welsh pressure via the scrum with Lee/Gethin out. I can't bloody wait though nonetheless.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Never been on Munster fans before. Not a bad site if a bid rabid

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I would say the quality of every team bar France has measurably improved since Kidney. But you make a point about JS and the hype, this loss will kill off a lot of that which to be honest I found sickly and over the top and building hype in excess of 2007 standards.

Just seen the game last night, weirdly enough I felt we played better against Wales than we have in our past three games. White line fever boy, we've messed up three certain tries in three games now by not passing out wide. For a team who's said to have the best half backs in the game that really is poor game management.

But anyway we did attack very well, it's only after phase 5/6 in the 22 we lose our way. Strange that.

Wales did superb in the forwards, a collosal effort and it will show. Huge injury toll and very energy sapping. Italy will be hurt from this week and I can't see a huge win there. I can see Italy killing the Welsh pressure via the scrum with Lee/Gethin out. I can't bloody wait though nonetheless.
Ive watched saturdays game more times than I care to count and for me it's a classic. Two good teams bashing the hell out of each other. Ireland were v v good. Actually think sexton is underdeserving of criticism. When you watch what he's trying to it is sublime. Murray was quiet but it's harder when pack isn't going forward. Still the #1 scrum half. Back row will have to improve. It's where all games are won and lost. And sob aside, we were better. Glad to l'idiot back on form. If ireland win comfortably they will have been the best team over the 5 games. We were pants against England, which is the real worry. Hope that was just a question of lack of practice. Don't think we ll lose to Italy but it won't be a big win. Like you say all the teams bar France have improved

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
As Plastic Paddy said Saturday's game must have drained the Welsh team, Gatland said as much after the game & said his team for Italy would reflect this. But what do we get - the same selection bar the two injuries at prop.
It could blow up in their faces on Saturday against Italy.
Stubborn bugger !
Tbh I'd be resting players and thinking towards rwc. Wales have nothing to prove against Italy. We aren't serious contenders for title. We don't call him cementhead for nothing. Spose it would be disrespectful to field the seconds but I'd certainly be putting dr jaw in cotton wool rather than risking him getting injured

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Dr Roberts should indeed be taking a breather - also if we do want to look a little more adventurous in midfield Scott Williams is more than worthy of a start.
I'd have started Tips over Lydiate too.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dr Roberts should indeed be taking a breather - also if we do want to look a little more adventurous in midfield Scott Williams is more than worthy of a start.
I'd have started Tips over Lydiate too.
Thought Sanjay is getting better. Not missing cuthbert

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Cuthbert should've gone a while ago - way out of form. Sanjay has surpassed my expectations too, he's turning into a fine player.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I'll be doing a Team of the 6N tournament blog with fellow selectors Bardon and BabyBlueElephant.

If you have any thoughts about an "as it stands" 2015 6N team after four rounds to help the panel, give them here please.

And also just after R5.

Your thoughts could be handy in tie-breakers.

Thank you.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'll be doing a Team of the 6N tournament blog with fellow selectors Bardon and BabyBlueElephant.

If you have any thoughts about an "as it stands" 2015 6N team after four rounds to help the panel, give them here please.

And also just after R5.

Your thoughts could be handy in tie-breakers.

Thank you.
More hanging on final weekend than I thought. A place in gagr team of the tournament at stake. Apart from 9 and 10 I don't fancy the task you've set yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.