• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Six Nations 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Always been the Orc problem. Still lots of positives. Ford is the real deal, Johnson too and the forwards when they do click can be scary. And mike brown is brilliant.

Must admit I enjoyed seeing gusset, invertwat and lord bald squirming at half time. Love gussets angry face

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Always been the Orc problem. Still lots of positives. Ford is the real deal, Johnson too and the forwards are scary. And mike brown is brilliant.

Must admit I enjoyed seeing gusset, invertwat and lord bald squirming at half time. Love gussets angry face

I can see how that would be fun, the BBC really does seem to pick their rugby presenters based on being a bit of a twat. All included

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some before the welsh game were predicting that we were going to see oireland lay out their game plan for the rwc and we wouldn't be able to stay with them. even 25-6 scorelines. Now I know where the gnome spent the week! Hope there is another plan in the Schmidt notebook cos the one we saw was v lateral. Maybe the running with the ball stat includes side to side runs.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Could he be back on the grog? Seems very strange to pull out of a game like this. As the son of an alcoholic I would take zero pleasure in Walsh falling off the wagon I would add.

Aussie Steve AR'd the Reds v Brumbies match last night so all good on that front but still a little odd & didn't a kiwi who was down to be Walsh's AR also pull out?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Wales 23-16 Ireland

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...old-off-ireland-to-blow-six-nations-wide-open

England 25-13 Scotland

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...d-in-six-nations-clash-but-could-rue-mistakes

England, Ireland & Wales all on 6 points going into the final round:

Wales v Italy away
Ireland v Scotland away
England v France at home

Ireland still very slight favs IMO.

Let's hope the French front up with their A game. Leaving PSA at home in Paris would be a good start.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
PSA knows who's to blame for the Wales loss (hint: it ain't him):

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_34543,00.html

Surely the maddest in a long line of mad French coaches. Can't help but compare it to this from Vern Cotter after his guys lost to Italy:

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3820_34245,00.html

Probably overstating the case somewhat, but always a better look for the coach to carry the can in public even while he's tearing the under/ poor-performing players a new one at training.....

Even by French standards, PSA is the maddest coach we've seen at international level for quite a while. The bizarre selections and absence of tactics are obvious to anyone watching the team.

Sadly, everyone but the FFR seems to have worked this out.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Going to be a long night next Saturday. Coming down to the wire again for a second year is great, still disappointed with last nights performance. Full credit to Wales who came out firing. Ref was bad both ways, to be expected from Barnes.

Amazing how different the break down is Norht compared to South. If that was a super rugby game it would have been the most penalties seen in one game ever. Both teams off there feet slowing the ball down at every ruck.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Going to be a long night next Saturday. Coming down to the wire again for a second year is great, still disappointed with last nights performance. Full credit to Wales who came out firing. Ref was bad both ways, to be expected from Barnes.

Amazing how different the break down is Norht compared to South. If that was a super rugby game it would have been the most penalties seen in one game ever. Both teams off there feet slowing the ball down at every ruck.

As a neutral, I thought Barnes was ok - certainly better than the Walsh alternative that you could have got.

Barnes seemed to try to get the breakdown clear in the 1st half, but relaxed things a bit in the second.

The big thing I took out of the match was that the NH teams are very good at maintaining possession, but don't seem so clear on how to shift the ball quickly. Wales had 3 or 4 opportunities in the first half to spread quick ball with an overlap and took it into contact. Ireland also had a couple of chances to do the same when they were hard on attack at the 52 min mark. The conditions didn't seem to play a part in this - from TV the ground looked firm and dry with little wind.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

Really don't care who wins on points differential. It's meaningless. Still prefer the days when the championship was decided on points or shared.

Don't think Barnes was that bad. Irritating that there were so many penalties but I reckon that we could claim to have the worst of it with Dubious yellow cards.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
29-0 looks a good score but I didn't watch the game. My guess Italy fell to pieces second half

So, if France beat orcland, we lose to Italy and Scotland win, four teams end up even. Won't be putting any money on it. We won't score enough points against Italy. Cement wants the win too much to risk champagne rugby. It's not in his dna.

On paper its Ireland who have the best chance to get the points and England most at risk. Question is whether psa can get any structure into his rabble to cause an upset. He's got the players. Would be nice to think they might practice together before the match.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
29-0 looks a good score but I didn't watch the game. My guess Italy fell to pieces second half

So, if France beat orcland, we lose to Italy and Scotland win, four teams end up even. Won't be putting any money on it. We won't score enough points against Italy. Cement wants the win too much to risk champagne rugby. It's not in his dna.

On paper its Ireland who have the best chance to get the points and England most at risk. Question is whether psa can get any structure into his rabble to cause an upset. He's got the players. Would be nice to think they might practice together before the match.

Prefereably with PSA not present.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Man that Italy France game was absolutely awful. Just finished watching it for the second time for the review article. My eyes can never unsee the horror.

On the championship itself it's going to be one hell of a final weekend. If Italy perform as badly again I'd expect Wales to set both Ireland and England a target.

People are talking about Ireland having to win by about 15 points but I wouldn't be surprised if we need a 20+ margin. Scotland won't want a campaign they started in such a positive mood to end winless and I'm worried that Ireland will need to battle just to win nevermind chase a target.

If England just need to win against France I think they'll take out the title. If they have to chase anything beyond 14 points they may be stung by the French who could concievably finish in the top 2. A top 3 finish for them would be a travesty given the quality of their play.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Man that Italy France game was absolutely awful. Just finished watching it for the second time for the review article. My eyes can never unsee the horror.

On the championship itself it's going to be one hell of a final weekend. If Italy perform as badly again I'd expect Wales to set both Ireland and England a target.

People are talking about Ireland having to win by about 15 points but I wouldn't be surprised if we need a 20+ margin. Scotland won't want a campaign they started in such a positive mood to end winless and I'm worried that Ireland will need to battle just to win nevermind chase a target.

If England just need to win against France I think they'll take out the title. If they have to chase anything beyond 14 points they may be stung by the French who could concievably finish in the top 2. A top 3 finish for them would be a travesty given the quality of their play.

I suspect you are right about Wales v Italy. If Wales decide to use their backline they could run up a big score.

Scotland won't have the home crowd to inspire them, so I'd expect Ireland to win reasonably well, but Scotland won't be as bad as Italy.

France coming off a win could put on one of those sublime rugby matches that only they can provide. Defeating England and thus ensuring that England don't win should add that little bit extra to their effort. The great unknown of course is PSA, he could well select a completely different starting 15.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I suspect you are right about Wales v Italy. If Wales decide to use their backline they could run up a big score.

Scotland won't have the home crowd to inspire them, so I'd expect Ireland to win reasonably well, but Scotland won't be as bad as Italy.

France coming off a win could put on one of those sublime rugby matches that only they can provide. Defeating England and thus ensuring that England don't win should add that little bit extra to their effort. The great unknown of course is PSA, he could well select a completely different starting 15.
If is the keyword. I think cement head set his store out in game one. Wales will go aerial for first 20 mins. Whether we score at all in that period depends on Italians. I think they willgive away penalties. I think after the highs of Saturday this game will be depressingly close. Gatland s goal was never the 6 n title. It was to beat Ireland and England in run up to rwc

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Been reflecting on the prospects of tim Cymru in rwc in the light of 6n. One of the best observations I've ever heard on gatlandball was from one of the Irish guys on this site (Bardon I think): that it depends on Wales being fitter than the opposition, getting on top at breakdown and staying on top. When it works like Saturday its awesome. However it's never going to work at the beginning of a run of games. Nor are we going to dominate nz at the breakdown, certainly not for a whole game. Plus, we don't have a plan b. With cement you know exactly what you're going to get. Conclusions. we re stuffed.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

It's not going to happen. Sublime running rugby hasn't been played in France for a generation. Probably since psa was a player

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If is the keyword. I think cement head set his store out in game one. Wales will go aerial for first 20 mins. Whether we score at all in that period depends on Italians. I think they willgive away penalties. I think after the highs of Saturday this game will be depressingly close. Gatland s goal was never the 6 n title. It was to beat Ireland and England in run up to rwc

Such a talented backline, almost criminal not to use it more often.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's not going to happen. Sublime running rugby hasn't been played in France for a generation. Probably since psa was a player

If it occurs, it won't have anything to do with PSA this time around.

I agree it's highly unlikely, but one can always hope - particularly if England or New Zealand are on the receiving end.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.