• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Love your work Southern!
IMG_1386.jpeg

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
Gordon seem to just get things done every week!

They should have lost in the first 10 minutes. Eastwood was camped on their line, Gordon kept giving away penalties, but the referee was kind to them. No yellow card, for some reason, not to mention no penalty try.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
The game was not a great spectacle with both teams not using the wind well enough when they had it. Not sure what you thought the yellow card should have been for. No ref sin bins guys in the first 10 minutes and from what I saw there was definitely no penalty try opportunity.
Sounds to me of sour grapes Wamberal99.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
The game was not a great spectacle with both teams not using the wind well enough when they had it. Not sure what you thought the yellow card should have been for. No ref sin bins guys in the first 10 minutes and from what I saw there was definitely no penalty try opportunity.
Sounds to me of sour grapes Wamberal99.

So it's open season for errrrr ten minutes? Weird.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
probably 10-15k in recent years though thats probably more to do with the size of the fields they are playing at. If you recall a few years back at the uni / norths ? game, they closed the gates. it was that full.

GeoffL

Bob McCowan (2)
The sold out game was at North Sydney Oval. Shute Shield GF has never filled the SFS at Moore Park.
I'm really pleased to see your comment - I've been looking for that information since forever.. do you have a spreadsheet or similar you could share please?

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
I was there and the place was rammed. I think Easts and Randwick played in the 3rd or 4th grade final and the player were all hammered and picking fights with each other. Old Norths players with threadbase jerseys and caps on from the 50s and 60s. a great day for rugby that one.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_1443.jpeg

Coming to mid year I don’t think many thought Gordon would be sitting right where they are. Good side but really humming along at the moment. Pollack is a very good footballer.

Reading Edmed may go to ITM Cup which would be a hit for Eastwood but good for him I reckon.

Easts will benefit from Teddy Wilson and Bowen long term. Do Randwick get many forwards back? Will Daly potentially come back or play Hospital Cup since he’s up there now.

BobbyD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ho's Isi going? He was so great that one Wallabies year.
Isi pinged his hammy and went off in the first 10mins unfortunately. He hasn’t played a lot this year but such a great ball carrier. Uni probably playing 18 year olds at 8-9-10 this week vs Easts.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
Woodies vs Southern cancelled because of the conditions. Easts v Uni is on apparently.

Update. The Southern vs Woodies game is on this arvo, kick off at 3.30. And it will be on STAN!

Last edited:

Ref_Ted

Ward Prentice (10)
Woodies vs Southern cancelled because of the conditions. Easts v Uni is on apparently.

Update. The Southern vs Woodies game is on this arvo, kick off at 3.30. And it will be on STAN!
Just been to the ground, and should be in good shape for 2nd Grade kick off at 2pm.