• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Suspect Eastwood will struggle to beat Norths but the best news for the health of the competition is that one of Eastwood or Uni will miss the GF this year . Given that Norths pushed Uni all the way in their last match dare we dream of Souths or Manly v Norths . I'm assuming the Marlins with beat Parra on Sunday

Eastwood have been in 1 grand final in past 7 years. Not sure it's that "healthy" if they miss the grand final, bit tough on them. But it will be a hard road for them now- norths seems to have good momentum and university were impressive on weekend

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Eastwood have been in 1 grand final in past 7 years. Not sure it's that "healthy" if they miss the grand final, bit tough on them. But it will be a hard road for them now- norths seems to have good momentum and university were impressive on weekend
I hadn't appreciated its only been 1 in 7 so apologies - The Woodies just always seem to be up there. I suppose the real health is we will at least have one different side in GF - both qualifying games promise a lot regardless of this week's results

M

Mr Magoo

Mate its no skin off my nose one shouldn't get too carried away but with even the Gordon hierachy appalled I reckon their prospects of playing this weekend are poor
Yes it is not good that a team couldn't be fielded. Unfair on the opposition and on the Ref. From enquiries today I understand that it was a wedding that took 5 guys out and then work/injuries/sick etc took another few. They did have 12 players and were ready to run on but the physio ruled a guy out. Apparently its gone to HQ for the old "show cause".

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yes it is not good that a team couldn't be fielded. Unfair on the opposition and on the Ref. From enquiries today I understand that it was a wedding that took 5 guys out and then work/injuries/sick etc took another few. They did have 12 players and were ready to run on but the physio ruled a guy out. Apparently its gone to HQ for the old "show cause".

I was there and that is what I was told. It was a bucks weekend in Queensland, booked and paid for some time ago. They had enough players until illness and the last minute injury hit them. The Gordon players who were there were genuinely upset so I'd feel for them if they are rubbed out.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Sorry guys I here that 4ths were struggling for numbers and the only pool they can pull from are colts. The rules say that they can only get from 2nds and 3rds colts. Given that this year Gordon only had a below par2s they could not provide any players. They were on the phones all week to colts players trying to get the numbers. I am assuming that this was a small reason for the forfeit.
Nice try Mr Magoo but Gordon 4th grade players were late getting back from a buck's party in Queensland.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Norths looking good. But I think souths will take it out this year..dark horse tip

I hope you are right, it would nice to see one of the other clubs win the thing. Southern's ancestor, St George, won one premiership, back in 1957. So it would be huge for the club if they can go all the way.

Norths have had a fair bit of success in all the grades over the years, but they have not won the first grade premiership for a while. I have a theory that Beale might be told to play some club rugby in the next couple of weeks, if he turns out for them they will be very hard to beat.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I thought that Gilbert was registered with Randwick.

Didn't he play with them last year for one or two rock star appearances?

Not that club loyalty is much of an issue for too many of the top level professional players.

I guess that the clubs may be able to arrange some sort of inter club loan arrangement in the national interests, cause the season is already over for the Wicks.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If Gilbert means Beale (forgive my ignorance), I am pretty sure that he played for Norths last year, but I sit to be corrected.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If Gilbert means Beale (forgive my ignorance), I am pretty sure that he played for Norths last year, but I sit to be corrected.

Gilbert = Beale after spectacular Blomfontein Falcon.

Likewise my memory may similarly be failing, it could be the previous season (2010) that he guest appeared in Myrtle Green at Coogee Oval. Waiting patiently to be corrected.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I thought that Gilbert was registered with Randwick.

Didn't he play with them last year for one or two rock star appearances?

Not that club loyalty is much of an issue for too many of the top level professional players.

I guess that the clubs may be able to arrange some sort of inter club loan arrangement in the national interests, cause the season is already over for the Wicks.
Perhaps he could play for Wicks 2nd grade.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
What do people think of Aj Gilbert this year? Very tradesmn lik from what I have seen. Think he could ever crack the super 15 again? Or is his best chance heading to Japan?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
What do people think of Aj Gilbert this year? Very tradesmn lik from what I have seen. Think he could ever crack the super 15 again? Or is his best chance heading to Japan?

Probably Japan. Not that I don't think he's not good enough to crack a Super Rugby squad place but I just think he's just been passed over in considerations. Pity because he actually reminds me a bit of George Smith in terms of his ball and running skills.

sooty

Stan Wickham (3)
Beale ( and any other rejected Wallabies) wii not be eligible if they didn't play 2 matches for their club in 2012. The same would be for Horne if he was dropped from the Wallaby squad- the SRU will be strict on that point

sooty

Stan Wickham (3)
Dear oh bloody dear. People getting precious about a fourth grade fixture. Unbelievable.
So if we don't care about 4ths then it would be 3rds then 2nds and then 1sts. It's bad enough having 3 clubs that cannot provide the The required sides in each competition and now one of them forfeits a semi final. If you look at the Gordon 4ths there is many 1st grade games racked up in that side- they should know better.
But.... If clubs make the semis they should move mountains to play and yes we should all care about this issue.the impact on many is great as mentioned( refs, parents, match officials and the list goes on)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really hope Robbie doesn't call up Cummins. He's critical to their success with such a young backline. Douglas as well.

M

Mr Magoo

Looks like Manly will be unbeatable at home this weekend. However my heart wants Parramatta to win. The Parra backline this year has been on fire and could be a bit of a handful.
Norths v Eastwood .... tough one .... Eastwood

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
So if we don't care about 4ths then it would be 3rds then 2nds and then 1sts. It's bad enough having 3 clubs that cannot provide the The required sides in each competition and now one of them forfeits a semi final. If you look at the Gordon 4ths there is many 1st grade games racked up in that side- they should know better.
But.. If clubs make the semis they should move mountains to play and yes we should all care about this issue.the impact on many is great as mentioned( refs, parents, match officials and the list goes on)
Gordon 4's as predicted have been eliminated no direct criticism of their officials or the Club who were put in a difficult position but forfeiting a semi was said to be unprecedented and strong response was required. Manly progress to elimination final in 2 weeks. Wamberal you are out of step mate .

Status
Not open for further replies.