• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

up&under

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just heard that as of next year the ABC wont be televising any Shute Shield!!!!! Looks like more saturday arvo lawn bowls on channel 2

up&under

Frank Nicholson (4)
Heard it on ABC radio this morning. Sounds like its budget driven. SRU needs to figure it out. ARU may need to step in

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Just heard that as of next year the ABC wont be televising any Shute Shield!!!!! Looks like more saturday arvo lawn bowls on channel 2

Sorry U&U but this is a load of crap. ABC have had budget cuts everywhere. But there is still a year to run on the contract for filming of Shute Shield and it will continue for the entire 2012 season.

R

rugbyfan

What is stopping FoxSports from running it? Love watching the ITM cup games in HD

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
The Australian is reporting that bowls will no longer be broadcast. No news about NSW club rugby turning off on ABC. The NT rugby finals however will be gone.
Someone claimed here before that NSWRU/SRU are the ones who fund the broadcasting costs not ABC.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
My understanding is that clubs were allowed to submit bids to host the semi-finals.

yeh thats right. And as there are only a few semi's & so many clubs, they rotate the semi's to grounds each year. I remember playing Wests in GF's at concord which was their home ground, but we dealt with it!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Any predictions for the semi-finals? I assume that Manly will win, which means they will play Uni.

No doubt Randwick are busy scouring the Brisbane comp for some ring-ins.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any predictions for the semi-finals? I assume that Manly will win, which means they will play Uni.

No doubt Randwick are busy scouring the Brisbane comp for some ring-ins.

Well they bought up a colt to play 1st grade on the weekend (Tom Connor), so look out Brisbane AND Canberra comps

Status
Not open for further replies.