• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
qwerty - Eastwood put out a decent team:

Eastwood
1. Longbottom
2. Hill
3. Fa'amuasili
4. T.Alexander
5. Wykes
6. Palamo
7. Coridas
8. Perrett
9. Stannard
10. Hola
11. Frost
12. Piukala
13. Bennetts
14. Grant
15. Batger

Reserves
included L McCaffrey - and Alcock was supposed to come on but I can't remember that he did.

So the only differences from the team from the programme for last weekend were:
9. Nic White was replaced by the handy Super Rugby player James Stannard of the Force
11. Frost played instead of Turner
Couple of questions/observations LG:

1. Is Fa'amuasili thae massive unit who played OZ Schools a few years back?
2. Interesting to see Coridas there. Explains why I didn't see him playing for GPS in the Brissy comp last week. Does that mean that his Qld experience is over?

Gee that's a handy Easwood side...well done Rats!

Cyril Towers (30)
Big Barry played Aus schools in 06. Dan Palmer and Paddy Ryan were also props in that team. And re Coridas, it was my understanding that players contracted to Qld had to play their club footy up there (Weeks and McDuling spring to mind), so maybe they've let him go. I think he had an academy contract this year.

R

rugby_man

Why did Locky McCaffrey and Chris Alcock start on the bench? Injuries? Or rotation? And where was Lachie Turner?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Yeah as topo said: that was Big Barry - played better than I've seen him in the past and looks trimmer - or at least played trimmer. The fact that Rats LHP Manu was better on the night was no disgrace.

I was wondering why Coridas was playing too, but he definitely played.

Don't know why L.Mac and Alcock didn't start but the players that did were not Neville Nobodies.

Turner? No idea.

R

rugby_man

Would Turner be up on the Gold Coast with the Wallaby squad?

That's probably why. Also saw in the paper today that Matt Giteau is running out for University this weekend in the Brisbane comp as they are based on the Gold Coast.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Wednesday night at Latham Park produced some mixed results
4th Grade went to Wests 12-10
3rd Grade 22-22 Wests were up 12 nil after 4 minutes
2nd Grade 45-26 to Randwick
1st Grade 30-5 to Randwick

Cyril Towers (30)
Not a bad reserves bench for Uni this weekend. Mumm, Dennis, Phipps, Charles. With the way Norths have been going, this should be a cracker of a game.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not a bad reserves bench for Uni this weekend. Mumm, Dennis, Phipps, Charles. With the way Norths have been going, this should be a cracker of a game.

And isn't it great for the development of the game in Sydney to see players like that running around in the twos. :'(

Cyril Towers (30)
And isn't it great for the development of the game in Sydney to see players like that running around in the twos. :'(

They're not playing 2s, they're fresh. Mumm, Dennis and Phipps have been released from Wallaby Camp to get some game time and Charles is battling it out with Benny Roberts for the 1st grade hooking spot. Both have solid claims although with styles that are poles apart. All of them came through Uni Colts and developed into professional rugby players. That's good for the game.

K

Keithy

I have recieved some info today that Todd Louden has been appointed Waratahs coach. Foley was offered the job and said No Thanks.

Cyril Towers (30)
Topo I think you'll find that Dennis is originally from Richmond and started at the Emu's.
My apologies. However, I suppose the question remains: Would he have gone as far as he has if he had stayed there? Uni do attract a lot of good players, but they usually make them better players, and that's good for rugby.

S

Stickybeak

They're not playing 2s, they're fresh. Mumm, Dennis and Phipps have been released from Wallaby Camp to get some game time and Charles is battling it out with Benny Roberts for the 1st grade hooking spot. Both have solid claims although with styles that are poles apart. All of them came through Uni Colts and developed into professional rugby players. That's good for the game.

To pick up the sentiment: it would be even better for Sydney rugby, and hence Australian rugby, if Sydney UNi weren't warehousing so many players. How about Dave Dennis starting for Penrith and Dean Mumm playing for Warringah for 80 minutes. You never know someone other than Uni might threaten to win a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.