• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whos yer daddy

We've lost so many players that there's 7 from the Rats Twos last year and one from Colts in that XV IIRR. The only decent acquisition we have is Peseta from Gordon. Hobden played in the Canberra comp but I haven't seen him play and Lindfield is from subbies. I don't know 12. Walsh, or have forgotten him.

Going to be a long year; in fact: a long few years I reckon.

Going back to Killingworth - I heard it is ankle ligament damage and he will be out for 4 weeks, I also heard that he played extremely well in the trial against Norths and in fact Warringah came out on top. So maybe things won't be as tough down at rat park as you think. Harris has done good things -(he was involved with Newington last year and what a turn around that was) and he will go on to do even better things. Doyle and Smouha are part of the Sydney rep Side and the 7 from the winning twos last year have had first grade experience but were bumped down when the super 14 players came back. I don't think they will take Gold but I do know there are a few players down there who have refused financial offers to stay with their club and to play under the guidance of Sam Harris.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Going back to Killingworth - I heard it is ankle ligament damage and he will be out for 4 weeks, I also heard that he played extremely well in the trial against Norths and in fact Warringah came out on top. So maybe things won't be as tough down at rat park as you think. Harris has done good things -(he was involved with Newington last year and what a turn around that was) and he will go on to do even better things. Doyle and Smouha are part of the Sydney rep Side and the 7 from the winning twos last year have had first grade experience but were bumped down when the super 14 players came back. I don't think they will take Gold but I do know there are a few players down there who have refused financial offers to stay with their club and to play under the guidance of Sam Harris.

except the 7 you refer to is either Ale or Greenway and they are playing for Manly and Gordon respectively?

Where are Whalley, Murphy and Richardson from last year's pack?

W

Whos yer daddy

except the 7 you refer to is either Ale or Greenway and they are playing for Manly and Gordon respectively?

Where are Whalley, Murphy and Richardson from last year's pack?

7 as in 7 players and no idea about Whalley and Murphy. Did I hear that Richardson is in France?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Manly Daily reports Robbie Coleman to play for Manly this weekend. Looking forward to Rebel Rising finishing it's playing fixtures.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Who else do you get from the Rebel Rising? Luke Jones and JP du Plessis?

Those two and Eddie Aholelei, Maile Hingano. From the Force the Marlins need their injury problems to be solved so they can maybe get back Metuisela and Sefanaia, although he will probably go back to sevens. In brumby land Tyrone Smith is on the bench this weekend so he wont be seen.

T

The Gunsmith

This weeks picks

EASTWOOD v SOUTHERN DISTRICTS at T.G. Millner Field - Southern Districts

WEST HARBOUR v PENRITH at Concord Oval (3:00pm) - West Harbour

EASTERN SUBURBS v NORTHERN SUBURBS at Woollahra Oval (3:00pm) - Tight one, Easts

PARRAMATTA v SYDNEY UNIVERSITY at Granville Park (3:00pm) - Upset, Parramatta

WARRINGAH v RANDWICK at Pittwater Rugby Park (3:00pm)- Randwick

GORDON v MANLY at Chatswood Oval (3:00pm) - Manly

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)
breaking news
Brock returns to Rats

MARLINS recruit Brock McGarity has turned his back on Manly and has returned to the Rats.

The young utility back started the week in Manly’s first-grade team, but dropped back to seconds following the availability of Brumbies back Robbie Coleman.

McGarity trained with Manly’s second XV on Tuesday night, but on Thursday night was back at Rat Park.

Warringah management sent the Marlins a release form at 6am on Friday.

Outgoing Marlins general manager Matt McGoldrick - who had an eventful last day on the job on Friday - said he was working on a late release for McGarity.

“We are disappointed because we think he could have done well here,” McGoldrick said.

“But we’re not going to hold a gun to his head, if he wants to go, he can go.

“We’ll release him, we just need to sort out a few things with him.”

McGoldrick yesterday finished up as the Marlins general manager following three successful years.

“I love the club and the people who make it up and I hope I have left it in better shape than when I arrived,” he said.

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)
Also in the manly daily, and yes it will be a fascinating clash, though 2 different stlyes of 7s

A fascinating clash

IT will be an interesting battle between rival flankers Kotoni Ale (Manly) and Mitch Greenway (Gordon) at Chatswood Oval on Sunday.

Both were teammates at St Augustine’s College three years ago (not to mention at Rat Park) before switching clubs in the summer.

The St Augustine’s production line doesn’t end there, with Marlins’ prop Salesi Manu also coming out of the school in recent years.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I spoke to a guy yesterday who had played a bit of first grade in 09 and 10, he is in seconds this week. I asked him if he was dirty. He told me that he would work his arse off to get back in the picture. Brock and the likes need to think this way. He didn't exactly set the world on fire at the Rats. Hamish Angus and John Kennedy were considered better prospects. I was worried when he was named in first grade for the Marlins.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Sydney University 1st & 2nd Grade Teams:

1. A. King
2. B. Roberts
3. J. Tilse
4. T. Heslop
5. S. Carter
6. H. Marples
7. D. Hickey
8. J. De Guingand
9. M. Schwagger ( c )
10. D. Kroll
11. N. Edwards
12. J. McMahon
13. T. Kingston
14. W. Du Plessis
15. T. L'Estrange

1. K. Sanday
2. S. Roberson ( c )
3. S. Talakai
4. A. Rossiter
5. H. Hawkins
6. L. McCutcheon
7. J. Ellice-Flint
8. T. Boidin
9. E. Brennahan
10. A. Roberts
11. T. English
12. J. Atkins
13. E. Ballie
14. Z. Carps
15. J. Dillon

Other teams for rd1 anyone ?

So is that three ex-Sydney Grammar boys in those teams? Good work.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Parra with some late drop outs unfortunately including Latekefu . Need to keep expectations realistic just earn some respect by competing all day. Interesting development though. Hear we will see a former NRL star line up for the TWO Blues from next week who is just about to change codes. Watch this space the guys a try scoring freak and not from Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.