• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Schoolboy soccer ⚽️

Hanging-by-a-fred

Frank Row (1)
Riverview's 1XI once again continue to display their fire and passion much like their second half against Sydney boys. Conditions on the day would see Riverview move away from their favoured playing out from the back and adopt a more direct style of play. The first half would seem to uneventful besides some routine saves for both goalkeepers, that is until the deadlock was broken with 5 minutes left, Sydney Grammar would convert a 1 on 1, however this wouldn't stop the View boys as they would grab one back a couple of minutes later.

The second half was seen to be much of the same with Riverview and Grammar just trading possession. That was until Marcus Kulukovski would make a reckless slide tackle earning himself a second yellow. With 25 minutes remaining it would seem that grammar would simply outplay View and begin to score, However this wouldn't be the case Riverview would hold their shape in defensive moments and looked dangerous on a few attacks. Controversy struck late in the half when a free kick from Alex Appino seemed to have crossed the line, despite protests from the Riverview players the game would remain at 1-1. Grammar would begin to retain possession trying to break the Riverview wall. This was until the 81st minute in which grammar are awards a freekick at half way, With the Riverview box filled up, the grammar player would have a shot testing the view keeper, with this Joshua Engelman would produce a worldie sending the ball out for a corner. Corner would be taken, nothing came out it and the boys would share the points.

Last edited:

OffPutPlayer

Stan Wickham (3)
Riverview's 1XI once again continue to display their fire and passion much like their second half against Sydney boys. Conditions on the day would see Riverview move away from their favoured playing out from the back and adopt a more direct style of play. The first half would seem to uneventful besides some routine saves for both goalkeepers, that is until the deadlock was broken with 5 minutes left, Sydney Grammar would convert a 1 on 1, however this wouldn't stop the View boys as they would grab one back a couple of minutes later.

The second half was seen to be much of the same with Riverview and Grammar just trading possession. That was until Marcus Kulukovski would make a reckless slide tackle earning himself a second yellow. With 25 minutes remaining it would seem that grammar would simply outplay View and begin to score, However this wouldn't be the case Riverview would hold their shape in defensive moments and looked dangerous on a few attacks. Controversy struck late in the half when a free kick from Thomas Kalogerou seemed to have crossed the line, despite protests from the Riverview players the game would remain at 1-1. Grammar would begin to retain possession trying to break the Riverview wall. This was until the 81st minute in which grammar are awards a freekick at half way, With the Riverview box filled up, the grammar player would have a shot testing the view keeper, with this Joshua Engelman would produce a worldie sending the ball out for a corner. Corner would be taken, nothing came out it and the boys would share the points.
A lot of hype for a Riverview squad that came last in plate and are yet to a win a game this season - could I sense some bias here?

iknowball

Bob McCowan (2)
especially for a team that lacks any serious talent
Iacono and Appino show some flair that could win a game or two, but apart from that I see them having better luck next year with year 10's and 11's such as Andrew Tsihlis and Cooper Sintras

PPC

Bob McCowan (2)
Iacono and Appino show some flair that could win a game or two, but apart from that I see them having better luck next year with year 10's and 11's such as Andrew Tsihlis and Cooper Sintras
For me Andrew Tsilhlis isn't 1st grade quality and would be better off having a year to develop in the 16s
In regards to Cooper Sintras, Antony Nobilo was recently selected in the Under 16 GPS side and I can see him taking the reigns of the firsts next year

iknowball

Bob McCowan (2)
For me Andrew Tsilhlis isn't 1st grade quality and would be better off having a year to develop in the 16s
In regards to Cooper Sintras, Antony Nobilo was recently selected in the Under 16 GPS side and I can see him taking the reigns of the firsts next year
He's a very raw player, with lots of speed and power for his age. 16s would be good for his development, but the opportunity to play 1sts will help him to develop technically as well.

isacc_fanua

Stan Wickham (3)
G'day Chaps,
Riverview's season could still very well be turned around. My grandson Samuel Wright told me that Cooper Sintras (goalkeeper) will be making his debut after being plagued with injury for the first half of the season, which might give the boys that little bit of fire that they've been lacking the last couple of weeks, and Sammy believes this could turn the table for the Ignatian men.
Regards- Fonz

G'day Chaps,
Riverview's season could still very well be turned around. My grandson Samuel Wright told me that Cooper Sintras (goalkeeper) will be making his debut after being plagued with injury for the first half of the season, which might give the boys that little bit of fire that they've been lacking the last couple of weeks, and Sammy believes this could turn the table for the Ignatian men.
Regards- Fonz

G'Day Fonz,

Love this Intel from yourself, Best of Luck to Cooper Making His debut this weekend, Igantius certainly needs him this season. Any intel on what the injury was? Anywho best of luck to the young fella.

Yours Truly, daddydezza

OffPutPlayer

Stan Wickham (3)
Round 3 Predictions

Shore 2 - 2 View
High 2 - 1 Newington
Joeys 3 - 2 Grammar
Kings 1 - 2 Scots

Thoughts?
Stupendous prediction! In what WORLD is Shore drawing to View??? Shore is a great team brimming with talent whilst Riverview is at best at 6th place. However, I do agree with the tightness of the other games. Anyone else have other predictions?

KDB17

Banned
Stupendous prediction! In what WORLD is Shore drawing to View??? Shore is a great team brimming with talent whilst Riverview is at best at 6th place. However, I do agree with the tightness of the other games. Anyone else have other predictions?
Additionally, with Benjamin De Laet’s rumoured position change from centre-back to striker, the front partnership of De Laet and Tsihlis looks to improve the lack of height upfront. With finishing being a low point in Tsihlis’ game, De Laet looks to improve the conviction from the View front line. Although heavy criticism of his past performances, namely in an exhibition game in Madrid or an unforuntate slip against High, his new Mizuno boots have seemingly awakened his hunger for victory. View are sure to find goals through the Belgian talent this weekend.

Last edited:

iknowball

Bob McCowan (2)
Thoughts on Newington this weekend? I have heard that they may be having some positional changes in their 2nds due to injuries, while their 1st stay relatively similar. Their 2nds look to be very strong defensively and look definite contenders.

View also look like decent threats in 2nds, but outside of those two I don't really see any other options - albeit I haven't been paying that much to the 2nds competition currently.

PPC

Bob McCowan (2)
Additionally, with Benjamin De Laet’s rumoured position change from centre-back to striker, the front partnership of De Laet and Tsihlis looks to improve the lack of height upfront. With finishing being a low point in Tsihlis’ game, De Laet looks to improve the conviction from the View front line. Although heavy criticism of his past performances, namely in an exhibition game in Madrid or an unforuntate slip against High, his new Mizuno boots have seemingly awakened his hunger for victory. View are sure to find goals through the Belgian talent this weekend.
De laet can wear El’Hazouri boots, but he will never fill them