• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Schoolboy soccer ⚽️

OffPutPlayer

Stan Wickham (3)
Good take, what makes you think Newington will be so dominant up against SJC, they won the competition last year.
Newington are quite strong this year, despite a colossal mishap against Shore last week, they're simply leagues above everyone else. Joeys, on the other hand, haven't shown too much quality. However, I would say that a scoreline like 2-0 or 3-1 is certainly foreseeable.

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Any predictions for the 2024 AAGPS Football Squad? Here is 2023 squad for reference:

Kennedy (E)
Morsella (N)
Matchett (J)
Nguyen (H) (c)
Renshaw (J)
Rouse (S)
Sinnott (S)
Burnett (J)
Burnett (J)
Cameron (S)
Carmichael (N)
El Khouri (N)
El’Hazouri (I)
Hugo (N)
Houvardas (N)

Coach: Kitching

I can certainly see some players like Morsella (N) and Sinnott (S) being in there this year...

- Cheeky

iknowball

Frank Row (1)
Any predictions for the 2024 AAGPS Football Squad? Here is 2023 squad for reference:

Kennedy (E)
Morsella (N)
Matchett (J)
Nguyen (H) (c)
Renshaw (J)
Rouse (S)
Sinnott (S)
Burnett (J)
Burnett (J)
Cameron (S)
Carmichael (N)
El Khouri (N)
El’Hazouri (I)
Hugo (N)
Houvardas (N)

Coach: Kitching

I can certainly see some players like Morsella (N) and Sinnott (S) being in there this year...

- Cheeky
its already out

Thomas Argyrides (S)
Daniel Beretta (N)
Braden Dent (E)
Benjamin De Laet (I)
Taliesin Dorigo (N) Captain
Dylan Dutt (H)
Jack Hanzis (K)
Jack Hugo (N)
Joshua Lakkis (N)
Edward Lynch (S)
Liam Nottage (H)
Praneil Manandhar (H) VC
Rufus McGuinness (G)
Lewis Morsella (N)
Ari Sullivan (J)
Alex Valanidis (H)

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
its already out

Thomas Argyrides (S)
Daniel Beretta (N)
Braden Dent (E)
Benjamin De Laet (I)
Taliesin Dorigo (N) Captain
Dylan Dutt (H)
Jack Hanzis (K)
Jack Hugo (N)
Joshua Lakkis (N)
Edward Lynch (S)
Liam Nottage (H)
Praneil Manandhar (H) VC
Rufus McGuinness (G)
Lewis Morsella (N)
Ari Sullivan (J)
Alex Valanidis (H)
Cheers iknowball, much appreciated

Little perplexed on why they those Lakkis as the Keeper..

- Cheeky

iknowball

Frank Row (1)
Cheers iknowball, much appreciated

Little perplexed on why they those Lakkis as the Keeper..

- Cheeky
very very good with his feet, and quite a decent shot stopper too. works extremely well with teams that like to keep possession and aren't afraid of playing with the ball in their own half.

Kingsontop

Bob McCowan (2)
Newington are quite strong this year, despite a colossal mishap against Shore last week, they're simply leagues above everyone else. Joeys, on the other hand, haven't shown too much quality. However, I would say that a scoreline like 2-0 or 3-1 is certainly foreseeable.
Claiming that newington are “levels above everyone” is so naive. They lost first round of the gps. The gps is so competitive this year I can definitely imagine newington loose to schools like scots, joeys and honestly even worse schools like view or kings as well.

Kingsontop

Bob McCowan (2)
Some thoughts on round 2:
Sydney boys I believe are being over hyped with a big win predicted against kings. Kings went undefeated in the group stage drawing with boys in the grp stage of plate, and had a respectable draw (despite being the worst team) against grammar round 1. Meanwhile despite grammar beating view 5-0 previously, i think that game will also be more competitive than originally thought. Riverview had a respectable performance against sydney boys round 1 and i believe are less of a push over than people percieve, the fact that Grammar beat view 5-0 pre season may make them arrogant when in reality riverview are really not that bad of a squad.

SydneyFC10

Bob McCowan (2)
Claiming that newington are “levels above everyone” is so naive. They lost first round of the gps. The gps is so competitive this year I can definitely imagine newington loose to schools like scots, joeys and honestly even worse schools like view or kings as well.
Agree. While Newington clearly hold much quality with 5 players selected in the GPS XI, they are historically susceptible to dropping points despite being the best team. In the previous two seasons, Newington dominated the combined squad but failed to lift the trophy. The challenge will be to recover from the loss against Shore and look to go near perfect in their last 6 games. If not, we may see Scots, High, or Shore form a title charge.

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree. While Newington clearly hold much quality with 5 players selected in the GPS XI, they are historically susceptible to dropping points despite being the best team. In the previous two seasons, Newington dominated the combined squad but failed to lift the trophy. The challenge will be to recover from the loss against Shore and look to go near perfect in their last 6 games. If not, we may see Scots, High, or Shore form a title charge.
Nothing but the truth Sydney,

Certainly keen to see tight competition this year - as skilled as some of their players are Newington seems to fumble the bag quite frequently I must say.

- Cheeky

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
I think under 16 had some success... No confirmed intel right now. However I believe the squad list includes:

1. Mewett
2. Chamseddine
3. Parkes
4. Jacobs
5. Kontrokais
6. De Laet
7. Megreditchchian
8. Sacks
9. Rose
12. Costa
13. Gazowski
14. Baron
15. Ryu
16. Wilson
17. Maltz
18. Eames
Tsattalios (Head Coach)

- Cheeky

PPC

Frank Row (1)
Football Predictions Round 2
1sts-
Shore 1 - 2 Scots
Grammer
5 - 2 Riverview
Newington 3 - 1 Joeys
High 1 - 3 Kings

2nds-
Shore 2 - 0 Scots
Grammer 0 - 3 Riverview
Newington
1 - 0 Joeys
High 1 - 5 Kings

Last edited:

iknowball

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know how the CIS tournament went? Any standout players?
Stefan BOGICEVIC Thomas Hassall Anglican College AICES
Riley CARMODY-SMITH Central Coast Sports College AICES
Kobe ELLIS St. Ignatius College - Riverview GPS
Ethan FAJEMISIN St. Pius X College ISA
Christian ILOVSKI Georges River Grammar School AICES
Harrison JABLONSKI Central Coast Sports College AICES
Tyrone JOHNS International Grammar School AICES
Jack JOHNS Newington College GPS
Troy MEGERDITCHIAN Galstaun College AICES
Shumba MUTOKOYI Central Coast Sports College AICES
Joshua NAAR Moriah College AICES
Logan SAMBROOK Bishop Druitt College NCIS
Laurence TAYLOR Wyong Christian Community School CSSA
Adrian TROVATO Thomas Hassall Anglican College AICES
Nathaniel WARWICK Newington College GPS Jared WILLIAMS

thats the confirmed 16s CIS team, GPS 16s came second

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Stefan BOGICEVIC Thomas Hassall Anglican College AICES
Riley CARMODY-SMITH Central Coast Sports College AICES
Kobe ELLIS St. Ignatius College - Riverview GPS
Ethan FAJEMISIN St. Pius X College ISA
Christian ILOVSKI Georges River Grammar School AICES
Harrison JABLONSKI Central Coast Sports College AICES
Tyrone JOHNS International Grammar School AICES
Jack JOHNS Newington College GPS
Troy MEGERDITCHIAN Galstaun College AICES
Shumba MUTOKOYI Central Coast Sports College AICES
Joshua NAAR Moriah College AICES
Logan SAMBROOK Bishop Druitt College NCIS
Laurence TAYLOR Wyong Christian Community School CSSA
Adrian TROVATO Thomas Hassall Anglican College AICES
Nathaniel WARWICK Newington College GPS Jared WILLIAMS

thats the confirmed 16s CIS team, GPS 16s came second
Great ball knowledge here ball,

Does anyone have intel regarding CAS, ISA or any other school's football competitions - would love to hear whats going on.

- Cheeky

OffPutPlayer

Stan Wickham (3)
GPS results today:
1sts:
High vs Kings: 5- 0
Grammar vs View: 1-1

2nds
High vs Kings: 1-1
Grammar vs View: 1-1

Points shared across the board a lot, showing the evenness of the teams in this competition. Conflicting KingsOnTop's predictions, go figure, seemed very optimistic for his first grade prediction. A thumping by Sydney High shows how they're genuine title contenders and the plate final wasn't a fluke. Does anyone know how strong Kings will be this season? It seems the competition has nearly split itself into two tiers of (1) Newo, Scots, Shore, High and (2) Joeys, Kings, View, Grammar, does this seem fair?

Peter Chestnut

Frank Row (1)
Points shared across the board a lot, showing the evenness of the teams in this competition. Conflicting KingsOnTop's predictions, go figure, seemed very optimistic for his first grade prediction. A thumping by Sydney High shows how they're genuine title contenders and the plate final wasn't a fluke. Does anyone know how strong Kings will be this season? It seems the competition has nearly split itself into two tiers of (1) Newo, Scots, Shore, High and (2) Joeys, Kings, View, Grammar, does this seem fair?
Seems completely fair considering SIC and SGS had drew their in 1st and 2nd grade games respectively.