• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Schoolboy soccer ⚽️

Kingsontop

Bob McCowan (2)
Shore win vs newington just shows how competitive the gps really is. Newington look to be a very technical possession based side but lack a bit of passion. Joeys and Scott’s physicality and passion could see them snag a results against newington for sure. Scotts vs shore next round may prove to be a significant fixture in the title race.

Footycuz23

Frank Row (1)
Scots look like the top side imo, obviously not the best game against Joeys but a win is a win. Poor mistake from keeper but he got back on his feet and produced some worldies. Defence is still solid and the Scots 9 is a top talent as well as the left winger and their ten. New coaches and systems have made this team a force, with great depth as well.

Kingsontop

Bob McCowan (2)
Scots look like the top side imo, obviously not the best game against Joeys but a win is a win. Poor mistake from keeper but he got back on his feet and produced some worldies. Defence is still solid and the Scots 9 is a top talent as well as the left winger and their ten. New coaches and systems have made this team a force, with great depth as well.
Agreed. Scots look to be the front runners following round 1 results.

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Shore win v Newington just shows how competitive the GPS really is. Newington look to be a very technical possession based side but lack a bit of passion. Joeys and Scots physicality and passion could see them snag a results against Newington for sure. Scots v Shore next round may prove to be a significant fixture in the title race.Personally I was unsure before yesterdays fixtures but after yesterdays displays I do I have strong feeling about Shore bringing the prem home this year to North Sydney

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

PPC

Frank Row (1)
Riverview 1st XI boys continue to look poor defensively and I struggle to see them breaking into the top half of the table, however, there was a small glimpse towards the end of the game of what they can do offensively.

In comparison, the 2nd XI looks like a well-oiled machine, conceding the least amount of goals so far in the competition and offence led by Ben Hyde which is beginning to click, in combination with two fast flying full-backs this team looks like it will be difficult to stop

Last edited:

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
It sounds like the 1st XI might need to focus on tightening up their defense if they want to climb the ranks. However, it's encouraging to hear there's potential for some offensive prowess there. As for the 2nd XI, it seems like they've found their groove both defensively and offensively, with Ben Hyde leading the charge. With solid full-backs adding to the attack, they could indeed be a force to reckon with. It'll be interesting to see how both teams progress throughout the season!

-wisemaan

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
Greeting Footballers,

Any thoughts on who were the standout players from Shore and Newington in the 4-3 soccer match, and which players do you think played a key role in their deserved victory?

- Cheeky

Hanging-by-a-fred

Frank Row (1)
I think the Riverview 1st XI will come together, Utilising a young squad with big names such as Marcus Kulukovski, Lachlan Iacono, Benji De Lat and some younger boys from year 11 and 10.The first 10 minutes for Riverview looked strong, however soft fouls would see Sydney boys gain an edge and score 3 before the half.

The second half against Sydney boys showed a side that hasn't been seen before, with the boys bringing another level to their game and actually playing with heart. Having 7 chances against Sydney boys. With some strong tackles and goalkeeping efforts would leave Sydney boys scoreless for the half. However, unfortunately Riverview were not being able to finish the job. I do not think this team is a perfect team and there are wrinkles that need to be ironed out, however I believe that this team are GPS premiers contenders.

Hanging By A Fred Signing Off

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
The keeper for SHORE.
Good evening fellow ballers,

I'm curious to know who the standout goalkeepers have been in GPS recently. I've been following y and noticed that there have been some impressive performances between the posts especially the keeper for Shore last Saturday.

Specifically, I'm interested in hearing more about Sinnott (TSC). According to my intel he has signed with Western Sydney Wanderers FC U20s earlier this year. From what I've seen in the previous season, he has displayed great promise and has been a key player for his school team. If anyone has more insights or details about his playing style, achievements, and what makes him a standout, I'd love to hear them.

- Cheeky

Kingsontop

Bob McCowan (2)
Greeting Footballers,

Any thoughts on who were the standout players from Shore and Newington in the 4-3 soccer match, and which players do you think played a key role in their deserved victory?

- Cheeky
After watching the game back on streamer Shores left and right back look very solid. A new young gun at centre back looks to be an impressive talent meanwhile ben hadfield a previously combined gps u16 player had a lackluster performance and seems to have had a drop off in recent times. Shores midfield looks surprisingly good with two returning 1st players from last year and the highly technical gps talent of Braden dent who for the most part we’re able to limit newingtons overload in central midfield and look to have won the midfield battle of the day. In a generally underwhelming standard of midfielders across the gps shores midfield as a combination of players looks to be one of the best in the gps. Shores right winger had a good game and looks to be a very intense aggressive player as a returning 1sts player meanwhile shores attack generally seems mediocre. The fact that shore has scored 9 goals in the last 2 games with a somewhat poor attack just proves how across the board the shore squad seem to be an underated team working well together and are serious title contenders

CheekyHooker

Chris McKivat (8)
After watching the game back on streamer Shores left and right back look very solid. A new young gun at centre back looks to be an impressive talent meanwhile ben hadfield a previously combined gps u16 player had a lackluster performance and seems to have had a drop off in recent times. Shores midfield looks surprisingly good with two returning 1st players from last year and the highly technical gps talent of Braden dent who for the most part we’re able to limit newingtons overload in central midfield and look to have won the midfield battle of the day. In a generally underwhelming standard of midfielders across the gps shores midfield as a combination of players looks to be one of the best in the gps. Shores right winger had a good game and looks to be a very intense aggressive player as a returning 1sts player meanwhile shores attack generally seems mediocre. The fact that shore has scored 9 goals in the last 2 games with a somewhat poor attack just proves how across the board the shore squad seem to be an underated team working well together and are serious title contenders
Its safe to Shore have defiantly established themselves as being threats to the competition (with potential to win it) , however St Josephs and Newington College may still be underlying threats...

- Cheeky

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Its safe to Shore have defiantly established themselves as being threats to the competition (with potential to win it) , however St Josephs and Newington College may still be underlying threats...

- Cheeky
Agreed. Imagine what they could have done if King and Wilde didn't leave to the 15 a side code however I do believe it could be possible for Shore to bring home to goodies but only time will tell...

-wisemaan

TikiTakaTitan

Frank Row (1)

- Cheeky
I do feel like Scots have a great chance atm, especially after putting 7 goals in 2 matches against joeys, who have looked good at times but lack a bit of consistency. Shore's preseason is worrying too, as they struggled to find form, but no doubt after beating newington on Saturday they will be fired up. Honestly, this season feels very evenly matched across the board, and don't underestimate Sydney boys high, who have started the season well. Gonna be interesting to see how next weekends matches turn out.

My predictions:

Newington 2-0 St Josephs
Scots 2-1 Shore
Grammar 4-1 Riverview
Syndey High 2-1 Kings

Yours truly,

TikiTakaTitan

wisemaan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wissy's Wisdom Predicts Round 2

Newington 2 - 0
Joeys