• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That's insure but I would presume there are Scotts boys playing. The question is though, "why are you dressed in shirt and Scots ties if you are only spectators?" And "what's with the TSC prospectives you are handing out?" (One was seen in the hands of a woman while at the canteen).

Wonder if any of those brochures talk of bursaries?

EDIT: Are we to assume that Dr Lambert is sanctioning these activities? After giving undertakings to other Headmasters not to?

tavytoo

Peter Burge (5)
the current negativity in these forums against schools seeking out pupils and parents making the choices they think are right for their sons has become so negative . I assume none of you never network and exchange business cards at junior sports matches or is it because the chips on your shoulders are so big you cannot let any family take the best chance for their sons not just on the sporting but also the educational front. Lets celebrate the joys of watching the junior state age championships this weekend and forget about the axes some have to grind

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
the current negativity in these forums against schools seeking out pupils

That's the purpose of this thread isn't it? To discuss schools breaking the rules to which they've agreed, by actively targeting talented sportsmen as part of their enrolment strategy. If you don't want to discuss it, why visit this thread?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Lets celebrate the joys of watching the junior state age championships this weekend and forget about the axes some have to grind

I just can't stop thinking about how much better they'd be if the schools didn't trawl for the best of them, take them away from village rugby and then lock them up and refuse to let them play.
And how much better we might be at the game if we didn't rely on the Sydney GPS so heavily

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
10387946_753515748032727_153681783_n.jpg

These lads - in their Matraville High School Strip.

The Ellas doing pushups? Must be photoshopped.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interestingly Scots have quite a good rugby programme in place, so the current 1st XV really shows a lack of faith in their own systems and a desperation not to leave anything to chance in pursuit of victory.

New seem to have gone to the Hawkes doctrine of a couple a year to avoid humiliating defeat, rather than a process of world domination.

I think you'll find Scot have a two-pronged strategy:
1. Gather great players to create immediate success;
2. Build world-class facilities, hire professional coaches, purchase new equipment and allocate class time to top level rugby training across all age groups.
The result? A higher rugby profile from 1st XV premierships which attracts paying customers who want their sons to take advantage of the superior rugby program. World domination is icing on the cake of higher enrollments.

In the lineout

Allen Oxlade (6)
I just can't stop thinking about how much better they'd be if the schools didn't trawl for the best of them, take them away from village rugby and then lock them up and refuse to let them play.
And how much better we might be at the game if we didn't rely on the Sydney GPS so heavily
IS, great summation. Totally agree

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
There were Kings officialdom out at the 16's over the weekend, identifiable by their attire
There were Kings officialdom out at the 16's over the weekend, identifiable by their attire.
... Or were they simply fathers of Kings lads in Kings supporters gear watching their lads play. I happened to be wearing a kings jacket and was even carrying a clip board as I was managing one of the teams. Conspiracy theory pronounced D.O.A

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There were Kings officialdom out at the 16's over the weekend, identifiable by their attire

. Or were they simply fathers of Kings lads in Kings supporters gear watching their lads play. I happened to be wearing a kings jacket and was even carrying a clip board as I was managing one of the teams. Conspiracy theory pronounced D.O.A

i hope you offered a few inducements just as a tease
;)
Hawke's strong statements make it pretty unlikely that they'd wear TKS kit even if it were true.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
the current negativity in these forums against schools seeking out pupils and parents making the choices they think are right for their sons has become so negative . I assume none of you never network and exchange business cards at junior sports matches or is it because the chips on your shoulders are so big you cannot let any family take the best chance for their sons not just on the sporting but also the educational front. Lets celebrate the joys of watching the junior state age championships this weekend and forget about the axes some have to grind
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck.....