• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Moral vacuum? I am sorry "I don't like to think" but courage and integrity involves confronting the truth each and every time, not just when it suits you or you have figured that your mates outnumber theirs.

Which pretty much applies to the liker who has completely lost the plot. As I said I will be really interested in how these schools are judged by their own stakeholders when they choose to make such decisions based on hearsay and fancy. Trust? No balls.

You blokes should read what you write before you click.

dodgyknee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Most competitions are governed by rules.
Its only a win if you stay within them.
very true couldn't agree more, but by reading papers, one paper the daily times has articles which tell a completely different story to herald. It's all allegations nothing proven yet, just like 5 schools ganging up on one, or a few headmasters with nose out of joint because they can't win as much anymore , with no concrete proof its all allegations- the meeting of principals will be interesting, one slided I would imagine but hopefully truth and proof wins

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Moral vacuum? I am sorry "I don't like to think" but courage and integrity involves confronting the truth each and every time, not just when it suits you or you have figured that your mates outnumber theirs.

Which pretty much applies to the liker who has completely lost the plot. As I said I will be really interested in how these schools are judged by their own stakeholders when they choose to make such decisions based on hearsay and fancy. Trust? No balls.

You blokes should read what you write before you click.
Hearsay?
It's been 3 weeks since the external consultant was due to provide the Dr with his report.
I can only think of one reason why the Dr has not advised all parents that the report found the School was blameless.
How you possibly accuse other Schools of lacking in courage and integrity,when defending the blatant cheating by your School defies logic.
You sound like a spin doctor for a tobacco company.
Enjoy your basketball season champ.

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
I like to see the various GPS and other schools promote the pursuit of improved standards ... both for the individual and the school itself. That raising of the bar occurs at different times in rugby, other sports, music, community service, academics or any activity the schools are involved with.
Regarding Rugby the standard has never been better and will continue to improve. Well done to those schools leading the way.

I was watching Chariots of Fire on DVD and in it an Olympic athlete was being vilified for having a professional coach....he was the devil personified in some quarters . But attitudes and standards changed and always will.
I just hope those leading the way at present with the Rugby bursaries hold their nerve.
It will play out how it will , hopefully without a bitter split of the GPS. But if they cant agree then a split would be seem appropriate to me.
New associations would form and the game would go on.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
ILTW
I understand from "a reliable source, generally", that the Report has indeed been completed. In such circumstances, one would expect the report to be presented to the College Council, (which usually meets once a month so I am told), for their review and assesment. After that the Principal maybe permitted / requested to contact parents with the outcome.
The fact that some on this thread "demand / expect" it to be provided instantaneously shows a distinct lack of appreciation of protocols within most schools.
Whilst Gaggerlanders quite rightly expect information to be provided, it is a little churlish (IMHO) to expect it to be released via these illustrious pages.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Hearsay?
It's been 3 weeks since the external consultant was due to provide the Dr with his report.
I can only think of one reason why the Dr has not advised all parents that the report found the School was blameless.
How you possibly accuse other Schools of lacking in courage and integrity,when defending the blatant cheating by your School defies logic.

Again, a post full of supposition and hearsay.

As usual plenty to say and I hope you didn't wear yourself out thinking of one reason. Try a bit harder, there are a lot more possibilities.

I am not defending anyone, especially since I do not have any facts (and lets face it I am not Robinson Crusoe). I will admit to attending a GPS game this year to watch the sons of a friend playing for a school I did not attend. I definitely saw a few in 1979. I am sure I have attended one in the last ten years but cannot remember exactly when.

Not that big a fan of GPS sport I am afraid. It is built up way too far which is probably why there has always been this issue in the first place.

As far as I am concerned anyone who claims any interest should be lobbying everyone they know to introduce a transparent and honest system whatever that may be. School bodies can then decide what they want their school to be.

dodgyknee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hearsay?
if you want to believe the papers it Alan Jones radio interview- easy enough to find on internet, about 3 weeks they did state the matter will be raised, after the first round GPS game, which was this Saturday, so everything is going as explained it would- sit back and enjoy the ride this week, where it will be discussed in appropriate Heads meeting first. Can't believe you haven't read or heard this, considering I am from Brisbane, and often hear same rubbish about schools up hear. If you are going to read runs read them all. I am sure if Scots had a problem there would be more parents complaining

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not having a GPS knowledge base and hold an opinion that doesn't favour scholarships in some areas to build empires. I have a few questions I would like help with.

What is the end result if the report says they did the wrong thing?

Exclusive from the GPS?

The Head and school authoritises go?

The basketball and or other program organizers etc go?

Do all school possible have to submit themselves to examination and where does that end?

If the scholarships are found to exist do the schoarship holders have them removed?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Scots parents today were assuring me that there's no problem and that Newington are intending to play them in basketball.
Just trying to give a balanced account of the material I hear.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Scots parents today were assuring me that there's no problem and that Newington are intending to play them in basketball.
Just trying to give a balanced account of the material I hear.
I thought that Newington and High were the only 2 schools who were originally going to play Scots?