• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Say It Ain't So!!! McCaw may be GONE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
McCaw will need to be perfect against the Wallabies. Frankly one of the things I loved about Pocock's performance was that he had hands all over the ball AFTER the ruck had formed and he was getting away with it every time. He "cheated" as well as McCaw has ever cheated and gave the most effective ground-ball performance on the ground I have ever seen from a 7. He was brilliant and gave the best performance from an Aussie player since Tim Horan played out of skin on a dodgy stomach.

W

Worldcupnut

I saw McCaw get beaten hands up TWICE in the Argentina game last night. He is only about 40% in my reckoning.
Wallabies should win by 20 points next week on form, but let's see what the IRB want.....what a joke.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I saw McCaw get beaten hands up TWICE in the Argentina game last night. He is only about 40% in my reckoning.
Wallabies should win by 20 points next week on form, but let's see what the IRB want.....what a joke.

Big call
How could we beat the Abs if we only have 20% of the territory and 40% of the ball? We'd lose by 30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Lets not underestimate the Argentinians. They were pretty ferocious in defense and slowed the ball every chance they could. I was pleased to see an AB team taking its time and patiently building pressure. Though I was having palpatations.
AB's were always going to win, they were playing near a full strength team. They were just not giving a 100 IMO. I think Richie is saving himself.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
I though nz were always in control of the match even though the scoreline was fairly close. Macaw played well and our backrow as a whole will be better for the game.

We always knew that we would beat the argues if we did enough good things. It was a decent performance without being from the top drawer.

The semi final is a completely different animal though and we have to be absolutely desperate win it. Which we will be which will be a good thing.

Richie really needs to play at his best to nullify pocock

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Well, I'd have to say that he doesn't look gone going by his play last nite. He was all over the park.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Assuming the rumours about how bad his foot is are true it would be interesting to see what they did to him to make it bearable.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Every couple of days it seems I re-scan this topic hoping, just maybe that there is concrete evidence that Black number 7 has been rubbed out of the tournament.

Let's face it, he may bleed but we can't kill it. Predator fans, you know what I'm talking about.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Assuming the rumours about how bad his foot is are true it would be interesting to see what they did to him to make it bearable.

Inject it with a local before the game? The foot goes bloody numb when that happens, just feels like a 5kg weight on your leg!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Indeed, seagulling on the wing numerous times.

McCaw's stats from the game:

First 3 to the breakdown: 47 times - 2nd in ABs
Ball Carries: 14 for 37 metres - 2nd in ABs
Tackles - 5 and 1 assist - 3rd in ABs

Invisible cloak is working obviously......

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
All the hot air coming out of the New Zealand fans this week should hopefully dry up the rain in Auckland before Sunday.

P.S. Who doesn't love a bit of friendly banter!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
How can 5 tackles be third in the ABs? Seems super low...

Apparently the ABs only had to make 60-odd tackles all game with Kaino topping the AB list at 7 tackles and 2 assists, and Whitelock coming in next with 6 tackles.

Argentina were shut out and had hardly any possesion in the 2nd half.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
According to rugbystats, McCaw made 6 tackles which was equal third with Whitelock.

Woodcock made 8 and Kaino made 9.

I guess the Argies didn't really have much ball.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Hope he plays and I hope he is fit. But......... it would be a huge advantage for the wallabies if he is less than 100% so I also hope he is managing some pain. As the Saffers saw with Brussow, it doesn't help he team if a player thinks he can contribute but in reality his injury is worse than he lets on. Palu, Horne, McCabe, Beale all fall into that category for this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.