• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Say It Ain't So!!! McCaw may be GONE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Waylon

McCaw will play even if they have to amputate his foot and he has to run on a bleeding stump

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
They will have to stop the bleeding otherwise he would continually be sent from the field to the blood bin.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/r...ks-seize-unfair-advantage-20111012-1ll2b.html

Surely Growden could get off his pampered arse and dig out the regulations and tell us whether there is an arguable breach of the frigging rules instead of repeating what the NZH was saying 16 hours ago - noting that both the SMH and NZH are owned by Fairfax.
Does this guy ever do any original work?
The way he lays out the regs shows how flagrant the NZers have been in their disregard for the spirit of the regulations. If McCaw doesn't play and this bloke is in the squad their victory will be tainted by immorality: we may have finally live down the underarm bowling incident. That too was perfectly legal but.....

J

Jay

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/r...ks-seize-unfair-advantage-20111012-1ll2b.html

Surely Growden could get off his pampered arse and dig out the regulations and tell us whether there is an arguable breach of the frigging rules instead of repeating what the NZH was saying 16 hours ago - noting that both the SMH and NZH are owned by Fairfax.
Does this guy ever do any original work?
The way he lays out the regs shows how flagrant the NZers have been in their disregard for the spirit of the regulations. If McCaw doesn't play and this bloke is in the squad their victory will be tainted by immorality: we may have finally live down the underarm bowling incident. That too was perfectly legal but.....

Given the other teams are apparently complaining about it, but not actually doing anything I'd say it's pretty obvious it's not actually against the regulations. Also, the idea that it's flouting the spirit is predicated on the notion that Todd would be next cab off the rank, which isn't in any way guaranteed. It's entirely possible that the official explanation is the truth, and that they simply wanted a quality openside who could simulate Pocock. They could have used Daniel or Luke Braid perhaps, but I suspect the same arguments would have surfaced, given both would be in the frame as possible replacements to some extent.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
McCaw will play. There has been nothing illegal done re the training sessions. Does anyone honestly think that with the eyes of the rugby world on NZ that Henry and Co would be dumb enough to try and pull a fast one? Journalists! the whole lot of them should be pushed off in a raft.
I saw the SA/Aust game in Wellington, thought the Australian defence was heroic,and Pocock was man of the match for me. Looking forward to this weekend looking at probable teams on paper I think you blokes have the form to win,[unfortunately] Apart from a couple of hiccups Samoa and Ireland, your team look the goods.
IRB rankings don't really count to me, the fact that Australia won the Tri-nations and vanquished the world champs means a lot more.
Will Deans be forgiven and cherished if you lift Bill?

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Given the other teams are apparently complaining about it, but not actually doing anything I'd say it's pretty obvious it's not actually against the regulations. Also, the idea that it's flouting the spirit is predicated on the notion that Todd would be next cab off the rank, which isn't in any way guaranteed. It's entirely possible that the official explanation is the truth, and that they simply wanted a quality openside who could simulate Pocock. They could have used Daniel or Luke Braid perhaps, but I suspect the same arguments would have surfaced, given both would be in the frame as possible replacements to some extent.

The fact remains that NZ have brought in players to train at sessions despite who they pick which is not allowed.

Now if we did that, given we are only a short flight away we would be labelled as 'pococks'

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Henry is smart. Directing all the attention towards McCaw's foot has left Cruden out of the spotlight. McCaw can cope. Meanwhile the pressure continues to mount on our Quade. Can he cope?

J

Jay

The fact remains that NZ have brought in players to train at sessions despite who they pick which is not allowed.

That's not a fact at all, it's supposition on your part. They're saying that Todd was in town to visit his girlfriend - every other instance of players used at training have been locals (eg the other players used in this session were all Blues players, Todd & other locals were used in Chch prior to the French test). There's no actual evidence that they were 'brought in'.

And the fact that no-one has actually done anything about it suggests that what they're doing is in fact allowed.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
And the fact that no-one has actually done anything about it suggests that what they're doing is in fact allowed.

So its ok to swap balls before a conversion? no one seems to have done much about that...

J

Jay

Hardly the point.

No, it is the point. They can't really be punished for something they didn't actually get to do. If someone had spotted Tuilagi (or both of them) holding an illegal mouthguard while they were waiting in the tunnel about to run onto the pitch, I doubt they'd have copped any punishment either.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
An attempt at cheating foiled by a ref is still cheating I would think, ad worthy of heavy sanction when it's of the type done by England.

Irrelevant to the Todd thing. I'd wager money Robbie and the team couldn't care less about it. I certainly can't. Mad Media.

And I agree a useful diversion from Cruden, though I doubt intended.

J

Jay

An attempt at cheating foiled by a ref is still cheating I would think, ad worthy of heavy sanction when it's of the type done by England.

Irrelevant to the Todd thing. I'd wager money Robbie and the team couldn't care less about it. I certainly can't. Mad Media.

And I agree a useful diversion from Cruden, though I doubt intended.

I've made this joke a few times, but you can be sure Cruden won't be switching balls.

Also an alternative name for An attempt at cheating foiled by a ref" is "Rugby".

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

And who do we have to train against in order to simulate mccaw?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.