• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

S15 Rd 1 - Brumbies v Reds, Friday 13th February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt.

It's more like a merry-go-round than a conversation.
And largely irrelevant... The battle of the pigs will determine whoever is at 10 for the Reds goes. If there's no front foot ball, the Reds are toast. This is where Thomson is critical imo. Lineouts may present another challenge with Simmons off for the next few weeks at least.

It will be an intriguing contest. I've picked Brums by 14 in my tipping comp due to their superior management of field position, strong defensive mid-field and maybe an edge in the pack. I hope I'm wrong and the Reds get up.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Hunt plays 10 this week with JOC (James O'Connor) in the back 3... That doesn't necessarily mean he'll be as good there as he was last week and it could very easily over the next few rounds end up that they swap (and I think they will by round 3 or so).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt.

You could get into trouble in certain respectable establishments, if you were to repeat your post three times quickly.

In certain disreputable establishments, doing the same can potentially result in one being bopped on the nose.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Folau became a superstar overnight in our game. The media drove it and Izzy backed it up with attacking flair scoring a bagful of tries.

Izzy's first real game was horrendous. He was like a deer in headlights. He back-peddled against Shipperley for a try and Ioane owned him in defence. He scored by anyone could've scored that try.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

The Fruitcake and the newbie hopper. Little surprise hat they are all the talk.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
And largely irrelevant. The battle of the pigs will determine whoever is at 10 for the Reds goes. If there's no front foot ball, the Reds are toast. This is where Thomson is critical imo. Lineouts may present another challenge with Simmons off for the next few weeks at least.

It will be an intriguing contest. I've picked Brums by 14 in my tipping comp due to their superior management of field position, strong defensive mid-field and maybe an edge in the pack. I hope I'm wrong and the Reds get up.
Horwill is no mug in terms of line out strategy. We will lose a little with Rob out but not that much. With Schatz, Horwill, Thomson and Gill our lineout will still trouble plenty of teams.

Oh, and as for tipping against the Reds..... Tsk tsk. ;)

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Frustration is always my over riding feeling when the Reds take on the Brums. The Reds always seem to get sucked into playing their game and the Bumbies always seem to grow another leg against us.

I just want the Reds to play their game. Win or lose, I want to see the Reds organised with the ball in hand and the see the forwards really competing at the breakdown.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Don't think the loss of Simmons for this game will have a big impact on the lineout. Remember that the Brumbies have also lost Mowen. Fardy apparently trying his hand on Friday at calling. Otherwise, expect both teams to have good jumpers so the lineouts could be pretty even though a few against the throw by each are probably on the cards.

I'm more concerned about the Reds' rolling maul from 5 - 10 m. It is a real attacking weapon and I'm not sure how the Brumbies' pack will go defending it.

If the forwards finish even though, I think the Brumbies' backline can win the game.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It seems that the Reds forwards have a new found confidence.

I expect the Reds to use the forwards as an attacking weapon inside the 22 metre zone.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm more concerned about the Reds' rolling maul from 5 - 10 m. It is a real attacking weapon and I'm not sure how the Brumbies' pack will go defending it.
This is a key to the Reds season, the backline has enough talent to hold its own and win some games but if our forwards can be dominant then it will provide a great platform

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Backs only need to be able to catch the pass and not drop the fucking thing as much as last year and they will be very good

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Reds

1. James Slipper (C)
2. Saia Fainga’a
3. Sam Talakai (Reds/Super Rugby debut)
4. James Horwill
5. Marco Kotze (Reds/Super Rugby debut)
6. Curtis Browning
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia
10. Karmichael Hunt (VC) (Reds/Super Rugby debut)
11. Lachie Turner
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Chris Feauai-Sautia
14. Chris Kuridrani
15. Jamie-Jerry Taulagi

16. James Hanson
17. Ben Daley
18. Sef Faagase (Reds/Super Rugby debut)
19. Ed O’Donoghue
20. Adam Korczyk (Reds/Super Rugby debut)
21. Nick Frisby
22. Duncan Paia’aua (Reds/Super Rugby debut)
23. Campbell Magnay (Reds/Super Rugby debut)

T

TOCC

JOC (James O'Connor) and A.Fainga'a out for the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I am actually a but underwhelmed with this reds line up. It's not a bad line up in the scheme of things but knowing the calibre of players at our disposal...I find it disappointing.

Also nothing against the player I think he quite handy but is korcyck really our best available reserve flanker?

Status
Not open for further replies.