• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 17th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
And now we'll get unceremoniously dumped out at the quarters by Wales/Samoa. I'm still pleased with a win despite myself.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
IF we win I'll take no pleasure from it. There will be another false dawn and everyone will fall over themselves to deliver plaudits to the giantkillers Ireland when in reality we are a limited team playing anti-rugby who will get smashed the moment we meet a team who do the same thing better.

Gezz. You sure you're an Irish supporter? Moan much?

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Bugger. Would be a good thing for the Boks to lose against Samoa. The pointy part now looks like north v south

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ireland deserved it, Aus did not. That is all. Our forwards were man-shamed. Robbie called the subs after the horse had bolted. We kicked good ball away idiotically repeatedly. As I posted earlier, if we can't beat Ireland we are not contenders. Ireland will struggle to get past quarters as other teams will not play so stupidly against them. It is of our own making.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Bringonthetri? Maybe you didn't hear. There are no more tri nations. You lost. And you still haven't won the jug yet mate. A bit of head-pulling-in might be appropriate.

S

Skippy

In a word - UNACCEPTABLE.

In a sentence - Goodbye Robbie Deans, thanks for the memories.

F

François

This is what I call the curse of the Kiwi's. A kiwi ref and a Kiwi coach. Why were the changes not made with 20 mins to go like normal. TPN was crap, Beale was crap, JOC (James O'Connor); where were you. For all the calls against Cooper it is Beale that turned it over just about everytime he had the ball. But the time wasting and the reffing did us no favours. I hope that was the last game that Bryce is ever given. Ireland showed up some of our forwards in the same style that England has. Missed Moore and miss Pocock.

JOC (James O'Connor) where were you ? The ball never went his way. And had Fainga not dropped it, he could have a hand in a try. I don't believe what I just witnessed. How can a star studded wallaby side loose such a game ? Heads will roll surelly. Fainga, for one, can say goodbye to his jumper. Mitchell in, Barnes to bench, and hopefully next time there don't fuck up the one opportunity they have

Also shows a clear symptom a Pocock dependence.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Congratulations to Ireland. They thoroughly deserved their victory and their pack, back-row in particular dominated in a fabulous performance.

To the Irish posters here, I applaud you and your unerring conviction in your countrymen. 'Potogold', 'theDubs' and other Irish posters whose opinions I vigorously challenged, enjoy this thoroughly, celebrate well and know that I am feel truly humbled.

Good luck in the rest of the tournament!

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
That game has really turned the tournment on its head......looks like we will see another SH vs NH final. If we are lucky enough to beat an improving SA and then loose to NZ, at least we won't be the ones that NZ beat in the Final. Sure is hard to take ANY positives from that match. Yes, the ref was shit but I disagree that he cost us the game. I think AFingers will be warming the bench for a while after that effort tonight.

S

Skippy

Atleast we avoid England now... and we don't have to live through the humilation of getting arse raped by their forwards. Losing to SA or Blacks I can live with. So if we are not going to win the WC... thank go we can go out to anyone but England.

S

Skippy

I think AFingers will be warming the bench for a while after that effort tonight.

Not the bench mate... out of the match day squad all together. Deans to bring in Horne now. He's got his excuse now to move things around.

Just on another point - we really missed Digby's go forward tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.