• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 17th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skippy

I don't think the use or non use of subs would have made any difference to the result personally.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I have been reading this forum since the 3N and some of you guys are really good analysts of the game, fair in your judgement and gracious in defeat such as the post above by Riptide.

What I can't stomach is the constant bagging of refs and saying they constantly lose you games. You have to play with the ref given. We lost with Wayne Barnes 4 years ago and then we lost the 2nd time with him reffing as well but it seems like only the uneducated people who can't even manage to join a forum and instead post on news sites anonymously etc are bagging him from our side. I kinda expect better from the guys on here
Come on Opiate, Bryce did not lose us the game, but who could play to that fucking muppet? He is beyond mystifying.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Well, as a "neutral" I would have to say it was simply a reverse of what you guys did to the AB's in the trinations. Tonight Ireland wanted it more. It didn't help that:
1. Your scrum was a shocker.
2. There is no excuse for throwing so many not straight lineouts. Jesus, my U15s would be preparing for a tuesday night training of hell if they cocked up such an important set piece.
3. Cooper. Not a good game . I thought he looked like a rabbit in the headlights at time.
4. McCabes running lines were predictable and predicted well.

Ireland played with out of their skin, they had an obvious game plan and played with skill. Their loosies just monstered you guys.

But I won't get too cocky, France for us next week.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
What I can't stomach is the constant bagging of refs and saying they constantly lose you games. You have to play with the ref given. We lost with Wayne Barnes 4 years ago and then we lost the 2nd time with him reffing as well but it seems like only the uneducated people who can't even manage to join a forum and instead post on news sites anonymously etc are bagging him from our side. I kinda expect better from the guys on here

Clearly you reside under a rock

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Opiate - you could have rebuilt Christchurch with the energy expended by Kiwis complaining about Wayne Barnes. Don't be a hypocrite.

Plus - Bryce IS a completely hopeless fluffybunny.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I can't crucify TPN. He was only suppose to be getting 20 minutes and easing back into it. It was a big ask to put 80 minutes in against Ireland in his first test match in 12 months and his second game in 4 months. He did his best but he was well off his best.
The lineout is his bread and butter. He has been in camp a long time now and should be able to hit unchallenged jumpers. We should have been able to gain a lot of momentum from what was a very good lineout just 1 week ago.
I am not suggesting he was the only player at fault.
It was a very dissapointing performance all around from the Wallabies.

S

Skippy

Barnes and Horne to start at 12 and 13 v Russia and USA and if it pans out... Deans will plump for them in the knockout rounds.
JOC (James O'Connor) mortgage on one wing clearly under Deans so AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/Mitchell and Digby are competing for the other spot.
However, I wouldn't mind seeing AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15 and giving Beale a rest. Surely his foot must be sore after all those chip kicks.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
We lost because:

1. We aren't good enough. Too inconsistent.

2. Our forwards were completely outplayed. The scrum is still an issue especially against Northern Hemisphere sides. If we play the Welsh, or English or whoever they'll fuck our scrum again and again.

3. There was no forward platform so don't blame the backs. They had nothing to work with.

4. The poorest decision so far was not to include Matt Hodgson in the squad. That contributed to this loss. McCalman was no substitute for Pocock.

5. Squeaky Moore was a huge loss also - his lineout work, scrummaging and tight forward play has been top notch lately.

6. Don't blame the referee - both sides had to contend with him and I didn't think he was too much of an issue.

7. Our soft underbelly has been exposed again. We're all hat and no cattle. To win from here is virtually impossible.

S

Skippy

fucktards.

Cheers mate. Clearly you are very intelligent.

We all know were the game was lost and why. However there will be changes in the backs but not much in the forwards because... being the genius you are, you would appreciate there is bugger all other options with the exception of those out injured today (Pocock and Moore).

O

Opiate

Basically, you guys have loads of refs you don't want to play under.. you can't have the one you win under ref every time. The more astute people our side of the ditch weren't saying he was the reason for losing us the game in the 3N and there's no ref that the people on our forums are all saying we don't want, but you guys have quite a list

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i have so much to vent im gunna try contain myself and hold off till i cool down
but the most important thing needs to be said> qwerty i gotta hand it too ya> you called that despite much ridicule>

Status
Not open for further replies.