• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 17th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Poor urgency in defence from OZ is what cost OZ IMO. The Paddy loosies were all over OZ at the tackle and breakdown. Really surprised to see the OZ fatties not front at the tackle.

Despite the poor reffing many have claimed, it did not excuse the fact that the Wallabies played far to lateral in attack. Genia and Quade were under all sorts, but when that happens you send in a couple of forwards to smash these hasslers into next week. Just didn't happen and guys like Horwill, Samo etc should be extremely disappointed with such a lacklustre effort.

Well done Ireland.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
A couple of questions for Robbie:

1. Why no openside reserve. In fact, why McCalman ever? He's the new Dick Brown.
2. Why bring the forward reserves on at 73 minutes? Are you retarded?

Why no plan b for when your original gameplan is fucking stupid?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Amazing those who love to bag coops but cheer when he wins us games. Poor style.

I thought Cooper mostly had a good game, but that flick pass to Ireland was the kind if dumb act sometimes expected from him...

When a bit of composure was required he failed...

T

thedubs

Both Ireland and Australia got shit from Bryce.

Ireland played sharper. Thats all that can be said. You seen the same Ireland against England - as I said earlier, this Ireland team raise themselves for big games.

Ireland had a few australian knock ons against them, but australia had this ignored. Reddan was about to exploit an overlap after a maul, but bryce gettings in the fking way, Reddan loses the ball - but it doesnt occur to hand Ireland the advantage and set a scrum, like you're supposed to!

If your a frustrated Aussie fan watching that, you'll only see the penalties against you. From an Irish perspective, we had our fair share of shit as well. But in fairness, bad calls from bryce impacted Aus more. Id say 65:35.

Dont look at Bryce so much - that win had Ireland stamped all over it. Intensity, passion (It feels stereotypical saying that, but it was a crunch match) and playing sharp.

No use complaining lads, we felt the same in 1991 and 2003! Oh and someone reserve some of that tasty pie over there for Riptide. Whats it called lads? Ah humble pie!

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Fainga'a. My god - did you not see Beale with the ball, shit thats right, he couldn't hang on to the bloody thing! Besides you can not isolate the blame to one person. As a team we simply sucked. I found it scary to watch the angry looks and words at the start of the first half. We didn't look like a team - not one bit. But lets face it, if the Irsh were pulled up for their indsecretions and made to play the whole 80 minutes without the constant tea breaks, we might have got some continuity.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Well done Ireland. You exploited our weaknesses, built pressure and seized your opportunities. Truly a team that is more than the sum of it's parts, something we haven't been for a very long time.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Greaaaaaat. No openside flanker. Sure! Why would we need one? :tard

The funny thing is that I woke up this morning with a bad feeling about this one. The Irish are going to see this as their grand final, and we're going to be our usual complacent selves.

If we lose, it will make Pool D even more interesting. We would play the 1st placed team. They might start deliberately losing to each other!

Right now the Fox commentators are trying to think up reasons for not bringing on reserves. Mad Robbie McMad gets you thinking, that's for sure.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
It really did shine a light on how big of an importance the Moore, Ioane and Pocock are to our chances. Moore's tight work and straight lineout throwing was surely missed tonight. 3.30am on Sat morning here.....my weekend just turned to shit. Wife and kids will be up in a couple of hours and I am one grumpy bastard.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
TPN was shocking....sorry to say.
His lineout throwing was terrible, as usual, and he could not hold onto the ball. We really missed Squeaky Moore. And not one dominant tackle from him.
With no Pocock Moore is a necessity.
Higgers should have started at 7.
Our forwards lacked any sort of intensity from the start.
Why can't they turn up desperate to win every week? It looked as though they were out there for a training run and did not want to be there.
Not taking anything away from the Paddies who really turned up for this one.
Congrats to them.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
A couple of questions for Robbie:

1. Why no openside reserve. In fact, why McCalman ever? He's the new Dick Brown.
2. Why bring the forward reserves on at 73 minutes? Are you retarded?

I feel like he wanted to lose this game. I can't justify what I just saw with any other explanation.

S

Skippy

As gutted as I am... it's not the end of the world.

But there is a lot of problems there. The weather and conditions alone really affect how we want to play the game.

Without getting on Cooper's back - tonight clearly showed he is not a test match 10.... a world class one. I'm not saying he can't play and carve up but he doesn't bring the 'game' or mindset to succeed at WC's. He might get lucky at times, bit of fluke here and there but no team deserves to win a WC with a 10 who can't control the game, who kicks as much as he and Beale do... and avoids contact. No team can win a WC with a winger defending at 10 to protect Cooper... and with a 10 who throws flick passes left right and centre to avoid going to the floor. I wish Tommy Bowe scored just to prove to Cooper how ridiculous his play is. Yeah... looks great. We all cheers when he pulls it off - but it doesn't win WC's and it isn't world class.

But did anyone else notice how weak in the upper body we were tonight??? How many times did an IRish defender hold up the ball carrier and either rips the ball or slow it down for long enough to take the wind out of the sails. I'm sure I've read many times people on here comment that Aus do not do enough strength/power/bulk work and seem 'weak' compared to England/Ireland/NZ/SA forwards in the muscle department.

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
Head officially stuck up his own arse

Yep the guy's an embarrassment. One off trolls are so fu*king annoying after a loss.

Well done Ireland. Played out of their skin and ended making the Aussies panic. Quade really kicked and threw away too much ball.

Still all is not lost for OZ. Just means they will have to pull out their trinations performance a bit earlier than they thought. SA vs OZ in a 1/4 will be absolutely epic I reckon.

S

Skippy

TPN was shocking....sorry to say.
His lineout throwing was terrible, as usual, and he could not hold onto the ball. We really missed Squeaky Moore. And not one dominant tackle from him.
With no Pocock Moore is a necessity.
Higgers should have started at 7.
Our forwards lacked any sort of intensity from the start.
Why can't they turn up desperate to win every week? It looked as though they were out there for a training run and did not want to be there.
Not taking anything away from the Paddies who really turned up for this one.
Congrats to them.

I can't crucify TPN. He was only suppose to be getting 20 minutes and easing back into it. It was a big ask to put 80 minutes in against Ireland in his first test match in 12 months and his second game in 4 months. He did his best but he was well off his best.

T

thedubs

Fainga'a. My god - did you not see Beale with the ball, shit thats right, he couldn't hang on to the bloody thing! Besides you can not isolate the blame to one person. As a team we simply sucked. I found it scary to watch the angry looks and words at the start of the first half. We didn't look like a team - not one bit. But lets face it, if the Irsh were pulled up for their indsecretions and made to play the whole 80 minutes without the constant tea breaks, we might have got some continuity.

Australia had chances. 77 minutes, just needed to use the forwards. Cooper tries to do something flashy and throws the ball out wide for a Bowe intercept. Australia lacked cup sharpness. Perhaps a too young squad in the backs and Cooper tried too much to force a flash move when simple rugby was needed. Thats the difference between a carter and a Cooper. A carter would play it simply along and wait for a gap. Cooper, twice, tried to offload and lost it forward or passed very losely and the ball was turned over.

O

Opiate

I have been reading this forum since the 3N and some of you guys are really good analysts of the game, fair in your judgement and gracious in defeat such as the post above by Riptide.

What I can't stomach is the constant bagging of refs and saying they constantly lose you games. You have to play with the ref given. We lost with Wayne Barnes 4 years ago and then we lost the 2nd time with him reffing as well but it seems like only the uneducated people who can't even manage to join a forum and instead post on news sites anonymously etc are bagging him from our side. I kinda expect better from the guys on here

Status
Not open for further replies.