• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 17th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
I also dont understand the hate directed in the nz media towards the australian team. I can understand a little bit here and there which can be put down to rivalry, and im as guilty as anyone of this. But all this bullshit about quade cooper as an enemy of the state just reflects badly on the organisations involved and the country in general. Its a shame as its a beautiful place with a lot of nice people, let down by a few dickheads.

On the flipside, we have had to pt up with 'McCaw's a cheat!!!' for the last 1o years.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I also dont understand the hate directed in the nz media towards the australian team. I can understand a little bit here and there which can be put down to rivalry, and im as guilty as anyone of this. But all this bullshit about quade cooper as an enemy of the state just reflects badly on the organisations involved and the country in general. Its a shame as its a beautiful place with a lot of nice people, let down by a few dickheads.

What a load of crock, you need to read any paper here and you would see the same if not more media hate toward All Blacks, I have long since learnt there are good and crap so called reporters so I just ignore the rubbish ones. I am the first to agree that there are dickheads supporting game in NZ, but by christ you are kidding yourself if you cannot see them supporting any team and I include Wallabies. Any person that judges a country and says it is let down by a few dickheads is looking for negative side things to justify normally their own bias, you could say it about almost every country in world, but if thats how you try to judge countries I really pity you.
I was at a game at Ballymore one night and heard a supporter of the Reds yell he had f******* the players mother the night before, as the player attempted a kick, I didn't assume all Reds supporters were the same!!

PS I was going to add the Richies a cheat rubbish but Da Grubster beat me to it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Neither a stiff back nor a gastro is an ailment that can be cured by a malt, unfortunately...

You're just getting the dosage wrong.

In the case of the former, a much larger dose, and in the case of the latter, a much smaller dose.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
What a load of crock, you need to read any paper here and you would see the same if not more media hate toward All Blacks, I have long since learnt there are good and crap so called reporters so I just ignore the rubbish ones. I am the first to agree that there are dickheads supporting game in NZ, but by christ you are kidding yourself if you cannot see them supporting any team and I include Wallabies. Any person that judges a country and says it is let down by a few dickheads is looking for negative side things to justify normally their own bias, you could say it about almost every country in world, but if thats how you try to judge countries I really pity you.

Absolutely Danny, the level of hypocrisy here is quite astounding when you consider there has been a 'cheat' campaign directed towards the Abs from Australia for a long time. Hell, they even joined in here with a video highlighting alleged offences which got thrown out by refs such as Mark lawrence.

I have always found that if you people have a problem with you then perhaps you should look at your own behaviour first to see if that is where the problem lies.

And Quade Cooper, didn't he come out with the enemy no 1 quote in the first place? I am the first to admit that I am happy to see him act like a petulant twat on the field because when the pressure is on, it comes back to bite him in the arse because he drops a bollock.

And as for this reflecting on a country in general how about 'Hadlee's a wanker' sung by the MCG, SCG etc back in the 80's? Stay classy OZ! Australia practically invented Boorish behaviour so its your own fault if some has crept over the tasman :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would like to point out Waratah, that someone wearing an All Black jersey does not make an All Black supporter make!! I would be very surprised if any real All Black supporter chose to wear a rivals scarf, I certainly wouldn't, but they are the biggest selling rugby jersey in the world, and an awful lot of people wear them because of that ( I include kiwis in that to)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Myself went to the 1999 WC finals, lost my pelle somewhere and had to observe and to hold out youngster Frenchmen pissing in the face washing trays, Barmy Army like Welsch/English youngsters that dont have a koeken clue about the word respect on the tube/train from Cardiff to London. Just had to deal with this lot. Luckily my dad teach me as a very young kid not to scratch with a stick in oldish shite, it reopen the stink, so just ignore them. With a name like WaratahJesus bet you left them alone.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Distilled malted barley is an excellent remedy for a sore throat too.

Hot whiskey. Spoon of honey/two spoons of sugar; couple of slices of lemon with a clove or two in them; Irish double (which is about an English triple); then pour boiling water over (and pour it over the back of a spoon to stop the glass shattering). Stir, sip. You'll feel vastly better; perfect for cold/flu and good for settling your stomach, too.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would like to point out Waratah, that someone wearing an All Black jersey does not make an All Black supporter make!! I would be very surprised if any real All Black supporter chose to wear a rivals scarf, I certainly wouldn't, but they are the biggest selling rugby jersey in the world, and an awful lot of people wear them because of that ( I include kiwis in that to)

I would be very surprised to find out that someone in New Zealand wearing an All Black jersey would be an All Black supporter...

It would be preposterous...

W

What2040

We, Australians and new Zealanders are really "brothers" steeped in tradition.

9 July 1900
Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act

At 6. Definitions: "The Commonwealth" shall mean the Commonwealth of Australia as established under this Act.
"The States" shall mean such of the colonies of New South Wales, New Zealand, Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, and South Australia, including the northern territory of South
Australia, as for the time being are parts of the Commonwealth ...

We nearly were as one

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I was at a game at Ballymore one night and heard a supporter of the Reds yell he had f******* the players mother the night before, as the player attempted a kick, I didn't assume all Reds supporters were the same!!

I too was at a game at Ballymore with my family. Our youngest daughter was very excited as her team was to play in the half time break. She was 7 (16 now).
We bought family seats in the stands behind the posts as normal. A large group of N.Z. supporters had sat in our seats, which was o.k. with us as usually it was a case of first in best dressed back then.
Just as the game started a new crowd of N.Z. supporters arrived and demanded their seats in a colourful language that had my 3 children very upset. This meant that we then had to move the N.Z. contingent from our seats. For the entire first half my family and I copped constant abuse from both camps. It was only when they saw my daughter step down to receive her jumper and run on to the field to play that most of the abuse stopped. Those that kept heckling were told to stop by the others. Have I forgotten - obviously not. Do we still love the game, obviously. That incident did sour my willingness to cheer the A.B's on against other countries for a while, something I noticed that the Kiwis have never reciprocated (why such hate from many that choose to live in this country astounds me).

So can we please move on from this 'us and them' mentality and appreciate the game for what it is -the best in the world.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Should we ask them for their official "I'm A Real AB Supporter, Not Some Troll In A Jersey" card so we can be sure? ;)
In all seriousness, can everyone stop all this fucking name calling shit, trying to prove which country has the biggest knob-heads shouting for or against it? It was tiresome yesterday, last week, last month and every other time it gets dredged up.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Paul Cully's analysis has been really good in the RWC in my opinion.

I thought today's article was pretty much spot on concerning Beale.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
paarl, dan54 etc etc,

just want to say, i pointed out the behaviour of quite a few due to the extreme and what seemed pre meditated behaviour on display that ruined some peoples nights and almost ruined mine.

i didnt tarnish all supporters the same, but said a large group. I also pointed out that i dont respect it from people of my own country or any country. i didnt mean for the thread to turn into a shitfight or drag on with it, i just wanted to say something i witnessed first hand that made me feel quite embarrassed for the NZs we met that were nice and clearly happy to have the experience of hosting a world cup in there own backyard.

i dont believe i ever cross a line with my support or affect people in a negative way with the passion i choose to display for my team, nor do i find the need to be "hard" or "smash people" when i attend my country playing a sporting match, if that becomes a requirement in any country then i believe your doing it wrong.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep no probs Waratah, I just saying I don't feel embarassed for all my Aussie,Pom Saffa mates if someone from that particular country is a dickhead, I just point out he a dickhead, not a dickhead from where ever. I also like to think I don't cross line, in fact usually find I enjoy being with other teams supporters, thats all I trying to point out, not that any country are better or worse. Perhaps I been too much of a rugby tragic for too long, and just think (and I probably wrong) that when I read posts like that perhaps it is going to be used as ammo against the game,ie I wouldn't go to that game because supporters etc etc. I didn't mean for it to get in shitfight either, just pointed out that perhaps none of us were perhaps perfect?? I do agree all these things are ni bad taste and can dampen enjoyment of as 27 says the best game of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.