• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: SAM v SAF (Birmingham): POOL B

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
People are going to wake up, see the score and going to interpret a very different game to reality. Thought the Boks were quite poor. Breakdown was at its worst I've ever seen. Pollard can't kick nor run a backline. Willie Le Roux is a shocking option taker, an arrogant show pony you want no where near a knock out match. Jean de Villiers and Victor Matfield demand selections as passengers. Jannie Du Plessis is the dumbest rugby player on the planet and therefore there needs to be an investigation into how he acquired a doctorate. Francois Louw is half the player he once was. One positive I see: Eben Etzebeth. Damien de Allende doesn't count because Meyer will drop him for JDV at some stage.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
People are going to wake up, see the score and going to interpret a very different game to reality. Thought the Boks were quite poor. Breakdown was at its worst I've ever seen. Pollard can't kick nor run a backline. Willie Le Roux is shocking option taker. Jean de Villiers and Victor Matfield demand selections as passengers. Francois Louw is half the player he once was. One positive I see. Eben Etzebeth is a monster with as big engine as any.
With so many concerns, it is a miracle they were able to put 40 odd on Samoa then wasn't it?

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
You're a bit harsh qwerty. Pollard struggled with the Samoan rush defence and de Villiers went missing, I'll give you that. Otherwise, I thought Barnes was very lenient refereeing the breakdown, which didn't help the attacking team. Le Roux was let down by poor execution with his chips but his positioning was excellent and kicking for territory fairly good. Matfield shirked away from contact but his mastering of the LO killed any momentum the Manu could have built on. Louw for me was excellent.

Etzebeth, Fourie du Preez and DDA were great.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
South Africa sweating on de Villiers and de Allende with injuries to both. de Villiers with a whack on the jaw again.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez if Boks were poor, the Samoans had to be terrible. I thought the Boks went not to bad, admittedly Samoa were poor, didn't fire a shot. Bok forwards judt creamed them.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
People are going to wake up, see the score and going to interpret a very different game to reality. Thought the Boks were quite poor. Breakdown was at its worst I've ever seen. Pollard can't kick nor run a backline. Willie Le Roux is a shocking option taker, an arrogant show pony you want no where near a knock out match. Jean de Villiers and Victor Matfield demand selections as passengers. Jannie Du Plessis is the dumbest rugby player on the planet and therefore there needs to be an investigation into how he acquired a doctorate. Francois Louw is half the player he once was. One positive I see: Eben Etzebeth. Damien de Allende doesn't count because Meyer will drop him for JDV at some stage.

Bit harsh. The breakdown wasn't that bad apart from some discipline issues.

And don't forget there starting team against us in the RC dominated the breakdown for the first 60mins (before 'pooper' took the field). So I wouldn't worry too much.

I agree Etzebeth is a huge positive - that guy is so dominate into contact. The replacement for Matfield was good too when he came on.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
South Africa sweating on de Villiers and de Allende with injuries to both. de Villiers with a whack on the jaw again.

It will be a blessing in disguise if JdV is out. Hopefully we will see a de Allende and Kriel midfield - I can't wait to see that centre pairing.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sad to see how badly off the pace Samoa are these days.

SRU should have several members of their Executive scour the globe (flying Emirates First Class, staying in four-star hotels & dining at two-Michelin star restaurants, of course) before concluding that it's all the players fault for childishly fretting about mere details like when they'll get reimbursed their air fare back to Samoa for the AB Test; how it could possibly have cost $US8 million to upgrade Apia Park; and how the AB Test could possibly have cost $NZ2.3 million to stage, instead of ensuring that current & future SRU Exec members can continue to fly Emirates First Class, stay in four-star hotels & dine at two-Michelin star restaurants.

OR......

Workd Rugby could withhold Samoa's RWC payout (after paying the players what they're owed, as ICC did when Sri Lanka's players didn't get paid) until they've had the auditors through & accounted for the dosh they got from the last Cup & during the period since. I'd also insist on a governance review before releasing the funds but I doubt WR (World Rugby) have the stomach for that particular shit fight.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I apologise for my cousin. He never listens to me. I yelled "Stop jou dom poephol! You're not supposed to enter the ruck from the side!" but he just kept running and went offside the plum.

Sincerely

Blue.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just watched the replay. I thought that the Boks were better than some on here seem to think. I liked the way that they tried to up the tempo and play at speed. Samoa were disappointing, there doesn't appear to be much structure or discipline there - perhaps the matters alluded to by WOB at #72 are also a factor. What's the story with taking penalty goal attempts from 50 or 60 metres out??

I thought Barnes went quite well with the whistle - missed a fairly blatant truck and trailer against the Boks at 65 mins, but other than that a good performance.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I still think they'll have a good chance of beating Scotland.

But I hope Japan beats them.

Scotland is probably a better match up for them than SAF as the Boks can match the physical stuff with them.

Having said that, if I was a betting man my money would be on Scotland. Samoa were a little lucky against the US and can't honestly see them beating either Scotland or Japan.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Scotland is probably a better match up for them than SAF as the Boks can match the physical stuff with them.

Having said that, if I was a betting man my money would be on Scotland. Samoa were a little lucky against the US and can't honestly see them beating either Scotland or Japan.

I think they're a confidence team. If they score an early try or two they'll be a different side. Even in this match they were starting to get on top a bit and look good with the ball before that intercept try.

They just don't seem to be well coached at the moment. Lack of discipline and composure, lack of a clear game plan. It's a pity cause on paper they're tier 1 strength.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You are about right, but also wrong. JdV for once in his lifetime decided to pass and finally we saw JPP, Willie & Habana actually can do something with possesion and space. Thought Duanne, Etsebet, Damain & Malherbe was massive. Hell what a differense Malherbe made in the scrum. Bokke to crush the Skirt wearers next week.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah... maybe. Or maybe not. It's a world cup, who knows what'll happen. If we execute well enough we will be competitive at the least.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think they're a confidence team. If they score an early try or two they'll be a different side. Even in this match they were starting to get on top a bit and look good with the ball before that intercept try.

They just don't seem to be well coached at the moment. Lack of discipline and composure, lack of a clear game plan. It's a pity cause on paper they're tier 1 strength.

From what I have seen at this RWC, both Tonga and Fiji have gone past Samoa. Samoa have usually been the one of the three that have combined a reasonable set piece, with organisation and discipline and some island flair in the 15 man game. They retain a certain amount of island flair, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.