• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: IRL v ROM (Wembley): POOL D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Every Irish win of possession in the air will yield at least one commentator mentioning Gaelic football skills.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Ireland would have wanted at least 3 tries going into the half. Zebo was a centimeter or less from making that happen. The kid's a natural footballer.

Their set piece looks steady -- Nathan White showing up there. Always good to see some people who can back up Mike Ross.

Paddy Jackson in the changing room looking jittery and ready to go. Wonder how soon before we see him.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Should be a full pint sunk every time. What a pass from Zebo for the Earl's try.

Commentator mentions Gaelic football skills?

father_jack_drink.jpg

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Decent first half, think its time the bottom team of the 6 nations has a playoff against the winners of the 2nd tier 6 Nations. Would be worth it for as the tv deal would than be done yearly.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The teams are welcomed back onto the pitch to Thin Lizzy. Wonder who the Wembley DJ is getting behind for this game.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Decent first half, think its time the bottom team of the 6 nations has a playoff against the winners of the 2nd tier 6 Nations. Would be worth it for as the tv deal would than be done yearly.

Georgia is really making a case for pushing Italy out of the picture.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Georgia is really making a case for pushing Italy out of the picture.
The top 3 would all give Italy and Scotland a run for their money. If Russia got promoted the tv deal would be double a normal year.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Turnover, Healy clears it down the field -- HEALY. Irish lineout at the five meter mark, Reddan grubber and another Earls try.

HEALY.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The top 3 would all give Italy and Scotland a run for their money. If Russia got promoted the tv deal would be double a normal year.

Russia is like Europe's USA, a sleeping giant if they could get their act together.

But not sure if those top-3 second tier nations would give Scotland much trouble, not the way they've been playing lately.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I think Earls got a tooth knocked loose there. Looked like he was playing with one falling out of his mouth.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Russia is like Europe's USA, a sleeping giant if they could get their act together.

But not sure if those top-3 second tier nations would give Scotland much trouble, not the way they've been playing lately.
Scotland has had two easy games and struggled in the 1st half of both. Will be interesting against Samoa and SA

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Brad Barritt and Ian Madigan both covering the same positions says a lot about the philosophical differences between England and Ireland.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
France topped Romania by 27 points, Ireland did it by 34, and left a couple tries begging. No apparent major injury concerns. They also won all their set pieces.

This time they kicked 29 times from hand, which is far less than Georgia (34), Italy (40), Wales (40), England (44) and South Africa (38). They passed 210 times, (by far the most this round), and managed 511 meters -- that's behind Australia (786), Argentina (678), and South Africa (668). They even got off 9 offloads, one more than Australia did against Uruguay -- but far fewer than Argentina (19), and just behind Georgia, Samoa and Scotland (all with 13), and South Africa (10).

Keith Earls is making tackles and MOTM, Tommy Bowe is finding some form, Chris Henry and Darren Cave looked strong. They started to get loose in the second half, and no one will be happy with allowing that final Romanian try. But now the entire squad has had a run-out, so overall, not a bad night's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.