• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: IRL v ROM (Wembley): POOL D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Anybody catch Tim Horan, Justin Marshall and Sir Mike the Tindall on BBC 5 Live? Horan kept calling Richard Wigglesworth "Wrigglesworth," and the royal dwarf-tosser really doesn't care for Ireland. Taking a page from cement head's hymn book, he doesn't think Ireland are creative, he doesn't they can play outside a narrow structure, can't score tries, and even though they had high passing numbers against Canada, 50 one-out passes to Paul O'Connell running into a brick wall wasn't creative rugby. He also claims he only says that because Ireland scored the least amount of tries in Six Nations, even though they won it.

For the record, POC had 6 runs for 13 meters, and the backs combined for 50 runs and 426 meters against Canada. And Scotland scored the least tries in 2015, while Ireland scored the most tries in 2014, another year they won the tournament.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Australian fox sports team us a joke, would not worry about anything they say

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Judging from some comments on these boards and elsewhere, nothing will be acceptable short of Ireland beating Romania by more than Australia beat Uruguay, and even then they'll have played too narrowly and with no creativity.

COYBIG

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Judging from some comments on these boards and elsewhere, nothing will be acceptable short of Ireland beating Romania by more than Australia beat Uruguay, and even then they'll have played too narrowly and with no creativity.

COYBIG
Qwerty's really got under your skin hasn't he?

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
No creativity..... no width..... only one-out passes to the locks to trudge it into contact..... no back-play moves..... no game plan without Sexton..... only five offloads so far this game..... only 732 meters last game..... only 200 meters in the first 19 minutes of this game..... only 13 points and one try in the first 19 minutes..... only two Six Nations titles in the last two years..... only hopeless if you're not Irish.....

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Qwerty's really got under your skin hasn't he?

Qwerty shmerty, he says all kinds of stuff. I was more annoyed with Mike Tindall and some others. I'm still now sure why Wales respect the English but hate the Irish (something else said on the BBC).

Honestly I'm fine with the Irish being ignored and dismissed. Historically they haven't handled pressure all that gracefully. I think this side has more composure than in the past, but am happy for them to just keep doing as they're doing.

(EDIT: Gatland's the worst at this. Not an Ireland game goes by since the last Lions tour when he doesn't lay into them for seemingly being nothing but a pack of slow-witted forwards playing nothing but a game of inches. The way he talks even makes Wales look bad when they can't blow Ireland clear out of the park -- which they generally never do.)

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Take away the two warm up games we have lost two tests in two years.

You would have to be stupid to underestimate the back to back 6 Nations champs.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Have to say i don't rate Toner, glad Henderson started last week.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Have to say i don't rate Toner, glad Henderson started last week.

Henderson owns the jersey now, I think.

Toner's still a great lineout option because he's a skyscraper. Funny thing they noted on I think Second Captains -- Toner's really awkward because of his build, and injures people in practice because he's all elbows and knees when he runs. So he's not as explosive as Henderson, doesn't offer much at the breakdown, but I guess he's annoying to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.