• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
He couldn't win a debate against an 8 yo.
Ad hominem attacks on Dwyer & Rowley,followed up by a technical analysis by him,confirming an illegal setup by the poms.
Finished with the old primary school logic that we aren't cheats cos you guys cheat in rolling mauls..
Or I have missed the satire?

Check out Moore and Rowley's exchange on twitter. Cordial, polite and productive -- adjectives usually never associated with twitter.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not many international backlines are breaking the line much these days. Not even the ABs in this tournament. Individual brilliance and the counterratack seem to be the main source of dazzling tries. Defences seem to have improved.

Thats true but there was evidence in the Wales victory that there are some holes out wide in the Soap Dodgers defense. Holes that will look like canyons to the likes of Folau and TK if they are still there.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Foley didn't run the backline, KB (Kurtley Beale) did all the playmaking, Foley was just there in support (a very good support player though) and to kick goals.
Can't agree with that. Foley played at first receiver off structured play most of the time. Beale played the unstructured playmaker role, suiting his particular strengths. Foley ran the backline and called the plays, not Beale. Cheika would hardly be using Foley in that role now if Beale did that job at the Tahs. Unless we're still counting Cheika's IQ on our fingers.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Yep! Going to the Wales game too next week.

You lucky bastard.....good on you! I am seriously thinking of going to the quarter final should we make it. I just need to wait to book until we know where we are going finish in the pool. If by chance you walk by a ticket tout near the Twickenham station, I would love to know how much they are asking for tickets to this match out of curiosity. Should we beat the buggers tomorrow I would expect to see a flood of tickets come back on the market for the finals.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I like the cheap shot link to another article embedded in the Moore piece - it says 'Cipriani says not one Wallaby would make the England team'. Ummm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Marto on MMM (& drugs?) yesterday: England have more to lose, if we beat them they're out [correct] but if we lose WE STILL GO THROUGH [not so much].

FWIW I've got the Poms winning this by ~5 & scoring no more than two tries to finish the Pool with 15 points (after collecting maximum v Uruguay), leaving Wales on 13 & Wobblies on 10 going into next week. I think you'll win that & go through on head-to-head even if Wales get a BP.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Youngs over Moore/TPN, Wood over Fardy, Brown over Folau

Even AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) over Watson is pretty iffy

Surely someone is having a giggle

Surely Giteau is only a "gimme" because England have no inside center worth mentioning? He hasn't been bad but I don't quite understand the serious wraps he's been getting the last few weeks.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I like the cheap shot link to another article embedded in the Moore piece - it says 'Cipriani says not one Wallaby would make the England team'. Ummm.

Why would any Wallaby WANT to make the England team? #RevokeTheirCitizenship

As silly as suggesting that not one Randwick (or Sunnybank) player would make (or want to make) the Balmain Subbies Team.

Met any good buses lately, Danny?

Status
Not open for further replies.