• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Everyone's tipping them from what I've seen. Expecting a backlash and an all-time performance.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Everyone's tipping them from what I've seen. Expecting a backlash and an all-time performance.

Everyone's tipping who? Personally I'm pretty worries and wish I had some of the confidence in our abilities that some have.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
England.

I'm worried but it's only because of Poite which is kind of sad really that a referee can have that kind of impact. I truly believe we have England covered in every facet of the game except goal kicking. Thought that last year too and was sort of right except for the scrum but that's been fixed now. I can see Poite giving England quite a few opportunities and Farrell will step up and knock 'em down anywhere within 50 - Foley won't. A bit like 2007.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm hopeful this game will play out very similar to the last Bledisloe last year.

The home side come out breathing fire and play exceptional rugby for 60 minutes, then the wheels start to come off, the away side applies the blow torch and breaks the home fans' hearts with a last minute try. The home side's coach resigns

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I'm hopeful this game will play out very similar to the last Bledisloe last year.

The home side come out breathing fire and play exceptional rugby for 60 minutes, then the wheels start to come off, the away side applies the blow torch and breaks the home fans' hearts with a last minute try. The home side's coach resigns

Are you suggesting that there might be a scandal concerning Lancaster ?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Sleeping is going to be an issue for the next 2 nights. Not to worry, I have plenty of my sleep potion of choice - red wine!

Reactions: BDA

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I have to say I'm expecting an England win just on the basis of goal kicking and the creativity of our mid field.

I'm a pessimist though and so always expect the worst, so I'm hoping this is one of those times when I'm dead wrong and Australia manage to surprise me.

Either way the game has me bloody nervous already and I don't know if watching it at 6am will be good for the heat rate lol

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
If we lose we don't deserve to make the quarters, bonus point, shmonus point

It is about winning or going home

Yes and no FP. As much as want to see us win, I am not ready for us to be on a plane home in 9 days. We have waited 4 years for this and if there is still a hope then I'll take that. Let's not forget that France dropped a pool match last RWC and went within 1 point of winning the whole darn thing.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
nah, the wallabies will win by a tight margin, holding england out in the 83rd minute after repeated phases with scintillating goal line defense

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Assume you lot that aren't interested in bonus points will stop watching if we don't beat England?

Yeah, I thought not.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
If anyone has forgotten what they had for breakfast, I have the solution for you.

Close your eyes and image is Sunday morning at 6.05am and you are all cozy under you blankie on the couch, only to witness a nasty headclash between Pocock & Hooper and both are out cold. You can replace Hooper with Foley if you prefer but the outcome should still be the same.

Wheeties on the carpet!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Assume you lot that aren't interested in bonus points will stop watching if we don't beat England?

Yeah, I thought not.

Where has anyone not been interested in bonus points?

This has been done to death but deciding to take 3 points to seal the game doesn't mean you don't care about bonus points.

In hindsight, England were very lucky to get 4 tries against Fiji, as it happened after the 80th minute was up and was easily Fiji's worst performance in the tournament.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
If anyone has forgotten what they had for breakfast, I have the solution for you.

Close your eyes and image is Sunday morning at 6.05am and you are all cozy under you blankie on the couch, only to witness a nasty headclash between Pocock & Hooper and both are out cold. You can replace Hooper with Foley if you prefer but the outcome should still be the same.

Wheeties on the carpet!

Don't even joke about an injury to Pocock :mad:

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Where has anyone not been interested in bonus points?

This has been done to death but deciding to take 3 points to seal the game doesn't mean you don't care about bonus points.

In hindsight, England were very lucky to get 4 tries against Fiji, as it happened after the 80th minute was up and was easily Fiji's worst performance in the tournament.

Geesh BH, the frontpage drama sure has spoilt your day! Easy big fella, we are all a bit tense but you seem to be doing it tougher than most.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Geesh BH, the frontpage drama sure has spoilt your day! Easy big fella, we are all a bit tense but you seem to be doing it tougher than most.

Too true.

I'm struggling to resist biting back at those having a snipe.

I just don't accept the inference that a bonus point is just something you can choose to take like it's one of the options available when the referee gives you a penalty.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Video analysis on the blog front page (http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/video-analysis-england-vs-wales/) shows the final penalty to ENG was awarded on the 22m line. White No 22 subsequently stands right on the mark and advances about 5 metres to eventually kick the ball into touch, well in front of the mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=62&v=7c25j6tkxc8
Go to the 1 minute mark to see where the kick is taken from.

More stretching of the Laws of the Game from England. Something else for the Referee to keep their eye on.

Law 21.1 (a)
The kicker must take the penalty or free kick at the mark or anywhere behind it on a line through the mark. If the place for a penalty or free kick is within 5 metres of the opponents’ goal line, the mark for the kick is 5 metres from the goal line, opposite the place of infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.