• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
On what evidence, Timani had a blinder to the second half of the Super XV, he has physicality that Simmons could only dream of. Gets one chance against the Samoan's to stop him from heading elsewhere and gets the punt and was part of a pack that got monstered. Simmons has had how many chances now for the wallabies? Remind me, what has he done? He might have potential but he's not far down the road if you ask me.

Little off topic, but I'm game... Timani has played patches of blinding footy at Super franchises the width of the nation. He has never really delivered. In the big game opportunities he has had (which are fewer than Simmons') he has not delivered.

If he is consistent, he'll get a game. Simmons has been more consistent.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
McCabe kept his spot, I would feel more confidant if barnes was outside Cooper

Sharpe for the game, maybe looking at speed.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
2 rats only got picked to play against samoa because he is a prospect and we didn't want him to get a cap for Tonga, ruling him out of wallabies selection in the future

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have a question that I tried to post on the blog regarding the team selections (can someone have a look at that for me caus I've posted some blog comments recently that haven't been going up - have been switching back and forth between firefox and chrome if that has anything to do with it).

If Balsawood's eye is good enough to get a spot on the bench (if beale is out) why isn't he the starting IC or OC? Given that his defence is equal or better than both McCabe and Fainga'a and he offers a hell of a lot more in attack...

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
:confused:Is it too early to start drinking?

Yesterday I was resigned to having blind faith in EVERYTHING for Sunday.
But today, after seeing selection, I feel sick and am trying to stop my hand reaching for the Dingo nulla nulla ....

Being surrounded by Tongans and Maoris all weekend is not going to help my blood pressure either.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was just reminded by my kiwi mate that the 4 teams left where the same in the 1st world cup and NZ WON that. So he think it's all over for the wallabies, win or lose I said no Maori holiday on Monday.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
The deal was on current form. Simmons has been inconspicuous.

re: current form.

If all selections are based on current form then wtf is QC (Quade Cooper) doing there.
I have not seen one good 5/8 performance for him the entire RWC
Without Berrick there to help him (can't believe we have a 10 that needs help in a RWC semi)
QC (Quade Cooper) can have a total shocker.... again, that can cost us the game.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
On what evidence, Timani had a blinder to the second half of the Super XV, he has physicality that Simmons could only dream of. Gets one chance against the Samoan's to stop him from heading elsewhere and gets the punt and was part of a pack that got monstered. Simmons has had how many chances now for the wallabies? Remind me, what has he done? He might have potential but he's not far down the road if you ask me.

I am a Timani fan being a Souths supporter. But the kid has terrible terrible hands.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He improved his handling dramatically over the season though.

At the start he could barely catch a ball. By then end of it, he was catching more than he was dropping.

They should have sent him out to play cricket in the offseason.

T

tranquility

Now I must admit that I did not expect Sharpey to get dropped. However did you not notice how much less potent our breakdown work when Vickerman came off?
Sharpe is not very dynamic in the tight, his cleaning out is pretty ineffectual. However he is obviously fantastic at the line-out and a good ball carry.

Simmonds is a young bloke, who probably does not carry as well (yet) and is not as good at line-out time, although he is very good at the line-out.
One thing he does do currently better than Sharpe is shift bodies. His counter-rucking and cleaning out is very good. He is also quite athletic so he makes tackles that other locks would miss.

I rate Ant, but his combo with McCabe is a tad concerning. Although atleast they are granite rock of fortitude when we don't have the pill.

I rate Horne very bloody highly and wish he could be on the bench regardless of KBs health, although I understand that he is underdone and Ant is the right call.

Gee I hope they win this weekend.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I rate Horne very bloody highly and wish he could be on the bench regardless of KBs health, although I understand that he is underdone and Ant is the right call.

Where are you getting that he is underdone (do you mean match time wise because he would have lost no fitness or skills with his eye socket)? I haven't been able to find any info on how his recovery is going. I don't mind Ant so much being in the team, I think he is a solid player but surely if his eye isn't up to scratch Deans would have brought JOC (James O'Connor) to fullback, left AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at OC and brought Turner in to the starting side on the wing.... That's what I think anyway

(obviously only if KB (Kurtley Beale) is out)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ok ok ok,

I think the issue of the team being selected has been discussed enough.

Most importantly now i think it's a good idea we speak about those selected in a positive light.

I think all 22 blokes are going to play out of their skin on Sunday.

I think Quade Cooper is going to have an absolute blinder.

Where are you getting that he is underdone (do you mean match time wise because he would have lost no fitness or skills with his eye socket)? I haven't been able to find any info on how his recovery is going. I don't mind Ant so much being in the team, I think he is a solid player but surely if his eye isn't up to scratch Deans would have brought JOC (James O'Connor) to fullback, left AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at OC and brought Turner in to the starting side on the wing.... That's what I think anyway

Robbie Deans said:
It’s great to have Rob back. He’s a courageous young man and a real talent. He was fully tested this week in contact during training and has come back fine.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks Braveheart, always on the money. If that is the case then does that mean that Dingo rates AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe and Ant over Horne? Does he not like attacking rugby? Or does he not like a a centre who will pass when needed? Maybe that's why Berrick can't get a start?

S

Scroat

Just had to join up to throw my 2 cents worth in after seeing the selctions!

Gotta agree with Blondie, Garryowen & Fanatic. If Beale is out & Ant comes in, our attack really starts to lack penetration especially if Quade doesn't fire & Genia resorts to useless box kicks! If BB or horne had come in then the balance of the side is better maintained.

We need to score tries as the AB's certainly will over the course of the game & I'm really worried we will lack the fire power to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.