• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wtf red!?

Edit: Gobsmacked, speechless, cannot believe it. Still think the Welsh are capable of winning but man what a call.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Holy shit, didn't think it warranted a Red. It was dangerous but there's been a whole lot worse that has gone with less punishment. Big blow for the Welsh to lose captain, fetcher and their best player in one hit.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Holy shit didn't even see the Red given. It is in the laws, fair call by the ref.

Changes the dynamic of the game now, France a massive chance.

S

Squeak

Uh oh, I think Dai just lost his breakfast. Going red is a big call, but that was pretty negligent.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Holy shit didn't even see the Red given. It is in the laws, fair call by the ref.

Changes the dynamic of the game now, France a massive chance.

Question of how you see it the frog was not past the horizontal in my view.
Alain roland is to Wales what Bryce Lawrence is to South Africa: but will the Welsh behave as badly?

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Thanks. So if I said that the Welsh Captain being sent off means SA and Burger should feel even MORE lucky to have played with 15 - would that be the ball or the man? :)

T

thedubs

That was a yellow. He didnt drive his man into the ground, he just lost control of him and it made it look worse than it did. Definition of a yellow isnt it? Carelessness not purposeful?

Really gutted for Wales, lost their two most important players. Jones at the scrum and Warburton for the breakdown battle. Cymru am byth! (I think?)

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Huge, huge call. Surely a yellow would have been much more appropriate. Player was released in the air as he realized his error.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Question of how you see it the frog was not past the horizontal in my view.
Alain roland is to Wales what Bryce Lawrence is to South Africa: but will the Welsh behave as badly?

i still think it was the right call. He drove him onto his neck almost, most refs dont have the balls to make the Red card call, but credit too him he made it.

Still I'm not happy cause it ruins Wales chances

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Because is a harsh red does that mean he can escape suspension if they make it through?

Depends on the "entry point" for the offense.
No judiciary would fail to support the send off by not imposing any additional penalty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.