• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Small point on the bolded part: letting him go was one of the most dangerous things about it. If you lift someone you have a responsibility to bring them to ground safely. Dropping and driving, although different, are both very dangerous.

Thats in theory and is certainly part of the IRBS "thinking" on these tackles: if you look at the video his shoulder girdle took his weight not his head or neck.
The reason he could be safely dropped was that he had actually hardly gone past horizontal.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I have'nt gone through all this thread so my sentiments may or may not have been voiced, The generall consensus is that it was a yellow card at worst, The Welsh TV chanell Highlighted at least 6 tackles that were wost, yet some escaped without even a penalty there were no red cards,
I think he took the decision to quickly, he also allowed himself to be swayed by the french team, but it was done, crack on, at least 5 kicks were missed so we still could have won the game, penalties were given to us around the halfway 1/2p just missing one, others closer to the posts were not given,
There have been several games now where the ref has decided the game, for I'm sure if warbs had been left on we would have won and won comfortably, The letter of the law may have been carried out but, if the letter of the law was carried out on all areas of thee game we would not have one.

I feel it is now time to bring in the technoligy we have to decide these contentious issuses as I feel the power that refs have is sometimes misguided.

At least today you have one of the better refs of world rugby.

Regards Dai

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Given the media hype I would not be surprised at all if he is let off, even though they usually suspend players for yellow card offences.

Cant see that happening Pete, the IRB have to stand with their man (the ref) not to ban him would be like saying the ref did get it wrong, which they wont do .

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
where have all the threads gone??? Injuries, yeah will be interesting to see what happens in the back row, hook had an absolute nightmare, Wellies in for Priestland, Paul James is a loose head but, has played on the tight side on occasions, But I think they might go for Mitchel and put James on the bench again.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I agree with the idea of technology being used in these instances. Ref could refer any incident he thinks could be a foul play red card to the video to ask specific questions (eg did he go past horizontal). It will lead to less debate over the process and decision making and hopefully lead to more consistency.

Consistency is the key here and something that rugby has a long way to go to find.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It's insane that the video is used for tries but not red cards. A red card is the biggest decision a ref can make -- far, far bigger than try or no try (edit: well, I guess unless it's try or no try with time expired...)

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
The majority of French people I have spoken to are not all together proud of that win. It has become the national past time to bag the national team and/or its coach (round ball included), and it is just going to get worse after this. I recall the locals taking to the streets after that win v the ABs in 2007 and they certainly did not do that this weekend. Local TV has been showing footage of the dressing room after the game with the players celebrating like they won the whole shebang and that has not gone down well.

Status
Not open for further replies.