• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

XVProps

Herbert Moran (7)
Why go one of the ruck when it's clearly not working! Frogs up to quick. Space on the edge with pick 'n drive. Oh well over now. Bad luck. Heads high. Great tournament!

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Brave performance by Wales, but I can't say either side looked like World Champions.

Yep. It was a deadset cripple fight. Whoever wins tomorrow will win the world cup.

France are playing smart world cup footy. Their set pieces are magnificent, their defence is well organised and disciplined, and they are obsessive compulsive when it comes to field position. But they have nothing in attack, totally undynamic and lacking in flair.

hedgo

Frank Nicholson (4)
wtf bringing on jones? the bloke is such a poor player. still great fight from the welsh

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Wasnt able to watch the game and i still feel as though ive been on an emotional rollercoaster ride from just following the written commentary. How am i going to cope tomorrow?

Commiserations Wales. If the French dont realise how lucky they are and put in an absolute massive game for the final i'll be very disappointed.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well, the winner tomorrow is highly likely to have to look after Bill for the next 4 years based on that effort from both teams tonight.

Now the What If's start.

I am disappointed in the Welsh performance but what can you do when you are 14 vs 15 for most of the game. It was still a huge effort and the boyos can be rightly proud of their efforts of 14 against 15 for most of the game. As well as having several other first choice players injured or unavailable.

Things are looking good for a Welsh revival for RWC 15.

To our Taffy subscribers, Stay around on Gaggerland. Your team has made a massive contribution to the success of RWC 11 and you have gained a lot of converts Down Under for the way you are playing.

To Cardiff Blue and all your Gwald forum: Bloody hell your Optimism Gnome is a powerful bugger. Thought it was all a furphy at first, but have come to believe. Now, Keep him the feck in your own country. We don't need the likes of him down here any more.

Mes Amis Froggie - Well done. It is knockout footy and you may have played unspectacular rugby, but you did all you needed to do to win the game, and that is all that is needed to make another final.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Jones kept Wales in the match.

Phillips waiting 3 seconds longer than he should of at every ruck so jones could realign is what sunk wales in the second half.

If you can't beat such a poor french team you dont deserve to win the cup - or even play in the final.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Wasnt able to watch the game and i still feel as though ive been on an emotional rollercoaster ride from just following the written commentary. How am i going to cope tomorrow?

Commiserations Wales. If the French dont realise how lucky they are and put in an absolute massive game for the final i'll be very disappointed.

You didn't miss much.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The French didn't deserve to win based on tactics alone. They should have never been in a position where wales were within 3, but they just didnt want to even attempt to score a try, did they?

Whoever said todays game will be more entertaining than tomorrow's got that very wrong.

Tomorrow will be a cracker.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Well, the winner tomorrow is highly likely to have to look after Bill for the next 4 years based on that effort from both teams tonight.

Now the What If's start.

I am disappointed in the Welsh performance but what can you do when you are 14 vs 15 for most of the game. It was still a huge effort and the boyos can be rightly proud of their efforts of 14 against 15 for most of the game. As well as having several other first choice players injured or unavailable.

Things are looking good for a Welsh revival for RWC 15.

To our Taffy subscribers, Stay around on Gaggerland. Your team has made a massive contribution to the success of RWC 11 and you have gained a lot of converts Down Under for the way you are playing.

To Cardiff Blue and all your Gwald forum: Bloody hell your Optimism Gnome is a powerful bugger. Thought it was all a furphy at first, but have come to believe. Now, Keep him the feck in your own country. We don't need the likes of him down here any more.

Not sure about this but I'm sure someone will be only too happy to tell me if I am wrong: I am not sure that the result would have been any different if Wales had 15 men. I suppose they would have been more prepared to keep ball in hand and, god knows, the frogs were not too clued up on defending anything that happened any faster than glacial pace.
The real final is being played tomorrow night....although the French are an ABs hoodoo team.

B

BRIX

Phillips waiting 3 seconds longer than he should of so jones could realign is what sunk wales in the second half.

If you can't beat such a poor french team you dont deserve to win the cup - or even play in the final.

IMO Hook was out of his element and Jones steadied the ship with his tactical kicking and low percentage play. But not pulling the trigger after 25 phases ultimately sunk Wales. Agree with the last part of what you wrote though.

S

Squeak

Totally agree. Concrete cancer to the optimism gnome.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Are the French the worst finalists in Cup history?

Welsh had every chance to win against against a torrid French team. Shows the necessity of a reliable kicker... Not to mention the impact of a red card in the first 20 mins.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
England 2007 were pretty bad finalists. However, this French team is right down here. But you never know, if they play and beat the Kiwis, well that would be the greatest choke of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.