• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 QF4: NZ v Argentina (W Pool A v RU Pool B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chops

How does this work? The boring NH rugby play exciting open running QF's.

The much vaunted running open SH teams play QFs that are batshit kicking penalty-fests that only a NH would like.

its called getting the game won, but its hypocritcal to say the least,

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Try to Darkness #8 Reid in corner. Both Ends Wee Poo ruins perfect night by putting conversion attempt 2 meters to right of sticks.

68 minutes gone, NZRT 23 Blue Hoops 10. Always going to be a tough gig for los pumas playing 14 vs 15 for 10 minutes.

W

Worldcupnut

... 3 metres on the wrong side of the ruck.

Nigel Owens is a joke. He's one of these refs who haven't seen much of New Zealand and isn't capable of stopping their crap.

I had high hopes for this game after watching Lawrence ref badly but even handedly. does owens get an extra three swipes of the cane from his favourite IRB board member for doing such an admirable job?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I am so sick of seeing McCaw sneaking around the ruck offside. Somebody stomp on the pricks foot and be done with it.

If he was such a great player he wouldn't need to cheat. It is cheating and not pushing the rules. Make no bones about it I think the bloke is a blight on the game.

C

chief

Nigel Owens is an absolute joke. He spends most of his time in the theatre practicing his hand signals and figuring out how to make the game about himself then watching where an offside line is.

This guy is a fruitcake.

NZ certainly haven't been at their best tonight. I fear the worst next week.

B

Blob

At last he has pinged someone for coming in on the angle. Pity it had to be an All Black.

W

Worldcupnut

IMHO - Owens is the classic case of a ref who turns up to this game expecting the Argies not to be in the contest so he referees them and not the Zers - but Im not watching so I dont know if this is an accurate summation of his performance

It's a great advertisement for Rugby that not watching is a preferable option!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
72 minutes. Another 3 point Pk to Both Ends for breakdown infringement. NZRT 26, Pumas 10.

Cowan on for wing - SWB?, VVVito on for Sir Richie, Afoa on for Franks.

GH appears to have declared "job done".

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Nigel Owens is an absolute joke. He spends most of his time in the theatre practicing his hand signals and figuring out how to make the game about himself then watching where an offside line is.

This guy is a fruitcake.

NZ certainly haven't been at their best tonight. I fear the worst next week.

I fear the worst every week

C

chops

I am so sick of seeing McCaw sneaking around the ruck offside. Somebody stomp on the pricks foot and be done with it.

If he was such a great player he wouldn't need to cheat. It is cheating and not pushing the rules. Make no bones about it I think the bloke is a blight on the game.

i agree he has been getting away with it long time now

W

Worldcupnut

I'm watching game with Kiwi wife ( who incidentally doesn't know the rules [ ?? ] ) and she thinks I'm a crank pointing out Black &'s constant infrimngements. You know, I wouldn't care if Owens wasn't pinging Argentina so frequently......

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Brisbane Broncos in for a try in the corner. 25 metre sprint. Cruden converts. Darkness 33 Arg 10. 78 minutes gone.

Thornie will be missed by Darkness after the World Cup and almost certain retirement. And I have the gall to call Mils Muliana "Old Man River"......

Both Ends was replaced by Cowan.
Gimli Hore on for Kevin Meealamu - long time ago.

Owens calls time. Final Score 33 Black, Blue Hoops 10.

Men in Gold vs Darkness next Week at Eden Park.

C

chops

I'm watching game with Kiwi wife ( who incidentally doesn't know the rules [ ?? ] ) and she thinks I'm a crank pointing out Black &'s constant infrimngements. You know, I wouldn't care if Owens wasn't pinging Argentina so frequently......

yes about that, actually its not an infringement when carried out by an all black, its in the IRB regulations ......standard practice

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)

You.....are......just.....jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.