• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 QF4: NZ v Argentina (W Pool A v RU Pool B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
But seriously, 2 great nailbiter games of rugby. On the edge of my seat. Good to see the ABs playing a very patient game, just wished they had scored a few more friggin points earlier on! Thought Cruden looked a lot more comfortable when he came on.

Bet the Saffas are spewing about all the posession they gave away.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Argies seemed to play that game as if it was their GF, whereas I think the Darkness had an eye on next week, and were happy to have a decent hit out in preparation for the Men in Gold.

That being said, the injuries sustained would have worried the Lords of The Darkness.

Lots of strapping on Sir Richie. Cruden ankle/groin.

Chuck Norris-Kaino was quiet, as was Read.

Iron Man Thorne was just that. Good to see him go over for a meat pie, in what may be his penultimate game for the Darkness.

Both Ends Wee Poo was my MOM. His value as a tournament player for the Darkness can not be understated. Don't know why the Canes have let him and MaNa MaNa go to the Blues for Super Ruggers.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well half my pubes went gray watching that. Thank god Cruden stepped up.
Hard luck to the pumas, great pressure on the breakdown

Bloody hell, you have taken it seriously.

We've got a bloke over your way somewhere with a good set of green ones, as shown on TV at Russian Game. Perhaps he can give you some advice regarding colouring yours.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Listening to the post match stuff, certainly seems like they played to a plan. Play a patient game. Nothing silly and try to minimise risk of injury. They could have gone hell for leather and broken someone.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Argies seemed to play that game as if it was their GF, whereas I think the Darkness had an eye on next week, and were happy to have a decent hit out in preparation for the Men in Gold.

I don't think the ABs had an eye on next week, and if they had and were only "happy to have a decent hit out" they would have deserved to get smacked! It's knockout rugby ffs!!

B

Blob

I don't think they had one eye on next week either. I think they played it as pragmatically as they could given the way things were going.

W

Worldcupnut

A blessing in disguise. Cruden is a farrrrrrrr better option a 5/8 for Abs

W

Worldcupnut

BTW ------- Where is the Bitch, Moan Complain abour the Refs thread??

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
If thats the way CJ plays after a thursday night on the piss, I will shout him a few myself.

You'd think Graham Henry might be throwing a few notes on the table Wednesday or Thursday night and telling the boys to get stuck in after that!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'l add one last thing about Nigel Owens in this game. He really seemed to be star struck in the same way Rolland used to be. Rolland has seen New Zealand play a bit more now and refs much better than he did in my video. Owens might get better too, but on this effort the black jerseys had the stealth paint on again. One single image I have stuck in my head is Conrad Smith standing 3 metres on the Argies side of the ruck with his hands out like an American linebacker ready to block anyone approaching the ruck.

Anyway, best side won, blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.