• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool D - Fiji, Namibia, Wales, South Africa, Samoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
We anticipate that there could be a plethora of threads for the RWC. Therefore, with some exceptions, we suggest that all pool matches be commented on in their pool thread, otherwise we could have nearly 50 threads for matches alone.

There will be separate threads for those games highlighted, and, if events make subsequent matches an exciting prospect then others will be added. There will be separate threads for Quarter-Final games and above, and all Wallabies games.

Use these pool threads to preview and discuss the matches and how the pools are panning out. There will be other threads to discuss other matters.

Pool D [Times are AEST]

Sat Sept 10 - 13.30 - Fiji v Namibia - Rotorua - Rotorua International Stadium
Sun Sept 11 - 18.30 - South Africa v Wales - Wellington - Wellington Regional Stadium
Wed Sept 14 - 12.30 - Samoa v Namibia - Rotorua - Rotorua International Stadium
Sat Sept 17 - 16.00 - South Africa v Fiji - Wellington - Wellington Regional Stadium
Sun Sept 18 - 13.30 - Wales v Samoa - Hamilton - Waikato Stadium
Thurs Sept 22 - 18.00 - South Africa v Namibia - North Shore - North Harbour Stadium
Sun Sept 25 - 13.30 - Fiji v Samoa - Auckland - Eden Park
Mon Sept 26 - 17.30 - Wales v Namibia - New Plymouth - Stadium Taranaki
Fri Sept 30 - 18.30 - South Africa v Samoa - North Shore - North Harbour Stadium
Sun October 2 - 16.00 - Wales v Fiji - Hamilton - Waikato Stadium

All games are on Fox live. None are on Channel 9.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Maybe a "Pool of Death" icon? Fiji and Samoa are basically playing home games. Am I allowed to hope that someone injures Bakkies? I think so.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Yup.

We don't play rugby. We just turn up and fuck around. Always have. Push a l;title, kick a little, tackle a little. Stand around, scratch balls, talk a bit of shit. No rugby though.

Wales are always desperately unlucky to lose to us. They always score more tries, play the better rugby, lose and claim the moral victory.

He's right. We only beat them by 3, 4 and 5 points in the last three meets. At the end of a long season, usually with lots of injuries, in their house. So they are close, really close. They have not toured SA before the 3N for a looooong time and with good reason. They get fucked up and lose confidence going into the 6N. But they are always so desperately unlucky, these poor Welshmen. God must really hate them.

If we lose against Wales in New Zealand at a stadium that our players have played at hundreds of times, we are really at one of the lowest of lows in our history. It will go down in my opinion as one of the worst losses ever, even worse than Scotland.

He's the coach in the world that talks his team up the most, and delivers the least. How on earth does he keep the job?

They whinge better than they sing and by god they can sing.

See you in Fwellington, boys. I will be the first to take a chunk out of my hat if you beat us. I'll eat the biggest humble pie I can buy in Welly.

May the best team win.

C

chief

Toughest pool out of all RWC's one would think. We have four teams who could make the final 8. Extraordinary situation. How exciting.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
South Africa will definitely get through. Just interesting to see who the second team will be although Wales would have to be favoured over the two PI countries.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)

Clearly Gatland is trying to play tactical mind games. We all know the boks play 10 man rugby, and their squad selection shows they intend to do that again at this world cup. What Gatland is trying to do is bait the boks into moving away from what they know and to play an expansive game. He knows that they're not practised at it and will most likely f it up if they try. I think it's as good a tactic as any to try and destabilise them going into their game.

For mine, I am not so sure the boks are guaranteed to come out of this pool on top, considernig their recent track record. But I hope they do. It sets up a much better finals draw, with them meeting the ABs in the semis. If they come second in the pool that will mean we (Aus) will meet them in the quarters and although I reckon we have they're number, you can never be certain against a trinations side.

L

Linus

I'm with Rebel, after watching Fiji go within a sniff last time, I can see a few teams with 1 loss. I think if the Samoans actually score some points early then the Boks will struggle to run them down and the Wales Samoa game will see who goes through with the Boks. Can't see Wales getting the Boks. Fiji I think will be off the pace this time and will get run down in the last 20 of their games.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
6-7 to Fiji, Namibia with a drop goal so far living up to their coaches goal of keeping the score line tight as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.