• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool A - NZ, Tonga, France, Japan, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Canada have a scrun on their 22. They pick up off the back and set up ricks for the last minute of the game. With three secs to go the halfback picks up and kicks the ball into touch Canada wins 25-20.

Sent using Tapatalk

A

antipodean

Well done on throwing that match away in the last 20mins Tonga.

Well done on grabbing a win with an excellent display in the last 20mins Canada.

B

BRIX

Frankly, that serves Tonga right, who do they think they are ringing in that many changes...Australia?!

They had huge support up there on the hill-end. Will be very disappointed with that. Kleeburger & the 2 blonds for Canada played awesomely

C

chief

Well done on throwing that match away in the last 20mins Tonga.

Well done on grabbing a win with an excellent display in the last 20mins Canada.

Gee I think you are forgetting the first 40 minutes as well where Canada absolutely dominated.

D

daz

Wow. That was a cracking game and it was great to watch. Well done to all for putting on a hell of a show. And you can see how much Canada enjoys playing rugby.

Anyone who thinks this RWC is boring needs to give themselves a very hard uppercut indeed.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
How did the Canadians go at the last world cup? Does this win already make the current one their most successful?

A

antipodean

Gee I think you are forgetting the first 40 minutes as well where Canada absolutely dominated.
I'm not, just that the last 20mins defined the outcome: Tonga could have closed out the match and Canada didn't give up.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Nah, in 1987 they won 1 (v Tonga), in 1991 they won 2 (v Fiji and Romania), 1995 won 1 (v Romani), 1999 won 1 (v Namibia), 2003 won 1 (v Tonga), didn't win any in 2007.

Mr Tank

Herbert Moran (7)
How did the Canadians go at the last world cup? Does this win already make the current one their most successful?

Canada made the quarter finals in 91 I think; so not quite their best just yet.

(Fark, you snooze you lose here - it was relevant when i was typing it)

Status
Not open for further replies.