• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool A - NZ, Tonga, France, Japan, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I really hope they go toe-to-toe with their war dances, it will be great to watch. And why wouldn't they, especially the Tongans, they have nothing to lose.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Was hoping for a few more people on here for this game as I have no idea how this is going to go down. I dont know too much about either squad. Hoping for another good contest, all games have been very good so far IMO.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great move by FRA but try saver from JPN. Interesting English style jersey for FRA I thought with JPN being in red they'd be able to wear their regular jersey, moving on. Good scrum from JPN.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
JPN with a very good run of play there, hope to see more of that from them. FRA with a scrum penalty 1st.

JPN have looked good with ball in hand.

Missed penalty attempt by JPN, not a real good strike there.

Oh no! Unlucky for JPN there they were on the attack & FRA intercept the ball to go over for a try. Hard luck for JPN.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
JPN get this conversion & are on the board! 14-3.

Now FRA over 17-3.

Damn! JPN has been doing so well to create some chances but just lacking some final execution.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
JPN are over! James Arlidge.

Hooked the coversion again but JPN get their 1st try 20-8 to FRA.

FRA now in for try no. 3.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
JPN bomb a try, they had the over lap and they put it down. But they are full of running and doing well just havent been getting a lot of luck. I'm going to go ride my exericise bike now watching all this rugby I feel I need to work out. Will still keep watching the game but cant juggle the lap top at the same time. 25-11 to FRA, come on JPN keep trying to make a game of it!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Taking a break from cycling just to say GO JAPAN! Playing well!

21-25 FRA, JPN playing very well, love this stuff from the minnows early on & have to say a credit to Japanese Rugby & its progress regardless of what happens from here on in.

Like Romania earlier today Japan really do deserve victory here, IMO.

Beautiful kick there by Japans fly half with 5 to go.

France over and win it with that but not very convincing at all, Japan can hold their heads high. I'd rate Tongas' chances against FRA based on this.

Another try to FRA FT score 47-21, not very vindicative of the game though Japan IMO the better team FRA a lot more reactive than proactive scoring on counters & Japanese mistakes. A wins a win but not a very solid one for FRA.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What a sensational effort by Japan. They absolutely stuck it to France. The late tries blew out the scoreboard which didn't do justice to how close the game was.

This is why the Rugby World Cup is such a great event. The smaller nations are given a chance to play on the world stage against the best nations and they give it everything.

Japan were tremendous. Hats off to them.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Canadian side to face Tonga
1. Hubert Buydens (Saskatoon, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Saskatoon Wild Oats, Walter Murray/University of Saskatchewan)
2. Pat Riordan (captain) (Surrey, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Burnaby Lake, Tamanawis Secondary/University of Victoria)
3. Jason Marshall (North Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Capilano, Carson Graham Secondary/Simon Fraser University)
4. Jebb Sinclair (Fredericton, NB, London Irish/PRO, Fredericton Loyalists, Fredericton High School)
5. Jamie Cudmore (Squamish, BC, ASM Clermont Auvergne/PRO, Howe Sound Secondary)
6. Adam Kleeberger (White Rock, BC, BC Bears/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Semiahmoo Secondary School/University of Victoria)
7. Chauncey O'Toole (Belleisle, NB, Ospreys/PRO, Belleisle Rovers, Belleisle Regional High School)
8. Aaron Carpenter (Brantford, ON, Plymouth Albion/PRO, Brantford Harlequins, Brantford Collegiate Institute/McMaster University)
9. Ed Fairhurst (Vancouver, BC, UBC Old Boys Ravens, St. Michael's University School/University of Victoria)
10. Ander Monro (vice captain) (Victoria, BC, Ontario Blues/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Glenalmond College/Edinburgh University)
11. Phil Mackenzie (Oakville, ON, Esher/PRO, Oakville Crusaders, Appleby College/University of Victoria)
12. Ryan Smith (Calgary, AB, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Calgary Irish, Mayfield Secondary/University of Guelph)
13. DTH van der Merwe (Victoria, BC, Glasgow Warriors/PRO, James Bay, Dr. Martin LeBoldus)
14. Ciaran Hearn (Conception Bay South, NL, The Rock/CRC, Baymen RFC, Holy Spirit High School)
15. James Pritchard (Parkes, Australia, Bedford Blues/PRO, Randwick, Red Bend Catholic College)

Reserves
16. Ryan Hamilton (West Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, Capilano, Rockridge Secondary/University of Victoria)
17. Scott Franklin (Regina, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Athol Murray College of Notre Dame/Camosun College)
18. Tyler Hotson (Vancouver, BC, Plymouth/PRO, UBC Old Boys Ravens, St. George's School/University of British Columbia)
19. Nanyak Dala (Saskatoon, SK, Prairie Wolf Pack/CRC, Castaway Wanderers, Glenwood High School/University of Saskatchewan)
20. Conor Trainor (Vancouver, BC, BC Bears/CRC, UBC Old Boys, St. George's School/University of Western Ontario)
21. Sean White (Victoria, BC, BC Bears/CRC, James Bay, Oak Bay High School)
22. Nathan Hirayama (Richmond, BC, BC Bears/CRC, University of Victoria Vikes, Hugh McRoberts Secondary/University of Victoria)

big and fit pack for the contest along with a fast backline.
I think they will be targeting Tonga's seemingly poor fitness conditioning.

If the weekend is anything to go by, this will be yet another great game.

Really looking forward to Scotland v Georgia after that!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I've picked Jamie Cudmore for my Fantasy team, he better not do something stupid. I wanted Jebb in my second row but he's listed in fantasy as a back rower. I cant pick this one Canada have a history of beating the Tongans at RWC but I thought the Tongans showed what they can do in the 2nd half against NZ. Interesting match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.