• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 7 - Brumbies v Reds, GIO Stadium, Canberra Sat 8th Apr @ 7:45PM AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Match thread rules. Please paste these in the first post of any match thread.

This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
What's the statute of limitations on this?

Asking for a friend.

What if said friend were to log-in to the Otago Highlanders vs Natal Sharks match day thread from 1998 and call a player, say, for instance, oh, I don't know, let's say Byron Kelleher, a rude name? For instance, "a wanker"?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What's the stature of limitations on this?

Asking for a friend.

What if said friend were to log-in to the Otago Highlanders vs Natal Sharks match day thread from 1998 and call a player, say, for instance, oh, I don't know, let's say Byron Kelleher, a rude name? For instance, "a wanker"?

If it has been officially established, beyond reasonable doubt, since then, that the aforementioned is, indeed, "a wanker", then it might stand. Although, any wankery from 19 years ago may have exceeded the statute of limitations.I cannot comment on the "stature", "statue" or otherwise of limitations though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sef Fa'agase and Markus Vanzati expected to be back.

Expect some changes on the bench. Lukhan Tui to go for Rodda (if fit) or Neville.

I wonder if Sorovi will come in for Frisby?

Part of me wouldn't mind seeing Hunt to 10 and Ngamu at 15 (he was excellent for U20s) but Jake likely to remain. I'd like to see Hamish Stewart get some game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Reg, I was hoping to see a couple of minutes of him on Saturday but I guess with the u20 final on Sunday that was never going to happen.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
I'm pretty sure Hamish came on when Hunt went off - well Jake played 15 from then & all of a sudden there were a few sharp runs from the 10 channel....

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
With the dazzling and incredibly innovative rugby attack patterns of unprecedented dexterity and skill emanating from our national attack coach (presently at the Brumbies as HC), the list of essential qualities the Reds will need to beat the Brumbies in Canberra should be huge, so I was surprised and startled when upon a careful analysis of what these might be, and in a flash of brilliance, I realised there was in fact just one:

Maul defence. Period.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Sully - suggest you might like to warn the Reds that the Brumbies' maul has taken on a new dimension since last year. Not saying what it is, but be warned.:)

Expect to see Scott Sio back in the starting side this week so long as he recovered ok from his little time off the bench against the Clan. Should be a good match up. Reds' more adventurous in attack against the only defense that isn't leaking hordes of tries in every match.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Does anyone know if Houston will be available for selection this week or did he really get smashed at training in Buenos Aires?

Think we could do with the extra power he provides.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
There will be a curtain raiser game between the 'Brumbies Legends' and the 'Reds Barbarians'.

https://www.brumbies.com.au/2017/03/brumbies-legends-take-field/

They might be stretching the term 'legends' a bit for some of the possible players (Matt Henjak!) but it looks like there will be a fair few familiar faces. And Jeremy Paul is slated to line up at fly half???

No word on who is in the Reds Barbarians apart from Ben Coutts. I suspect it will be mostly ex-QLDers playing in the local comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.