• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 6: Highlanders v Rebels, Fri 31st Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Stitzacker looking at the ruck again. Ino he's the 9 but still needs to get stuck in when asked for

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Luke needs to take some captaincy lessons from brother. Twenty points up, with no bonus point yet, and kicking for goal? Get outta here.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Useless. Stirzaker in particular, but a lot of us.

Jackson's not doing his International chances any favours though either.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
JGB is in line for worst super Rugby signing of all time. Stirzacker is unwilling to get stuck in if needed and the rest aren't fit enough. Sigh... lucky to be the score it is

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Hodge looks tired.

Stirzaker is useless as a leader and massively out of form as a scrum half.

JGB looks as bad as he did the first two games.

Jordy looks overweight and unfit.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but unless we're looking like getting a lot of players back immediately after the bye, I'd prefer to see a little bit of youth (Uelese, McGregor, Tupai, and maybe Tumualealiifano) plonked onto the bench.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
When will people realise that McGahan is a total fail as head coach at this level just as he contributed nothing of value to the Wallabies in 2012 when he joined them.

The ARU did not then want to admit or face his mediocrity so, recklessly and irresponsibly, despatched him to the Rebels 'hoping' he'd magically turn them around.

ARU: 'As long as we get the media $s, doesn't really matter if the team plays well or not'.

McGahan will destroy the club in Melbourne if he's not replaced, and urgently.

I feel genuinely sorry for the players.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Lets see what " Some Positives " TT can tell us we can take out of this game ,,well we finally put two halves of football together and played the same for 80 mins ,,, we didnt miss any penalty kicks ,,,, no problem getting up for a visit or to get a drink,,,played nice and gave the other guys a lot of ball to play with ,,,
at some stage it needs to be realised Rables are not up to it , very sad

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The indidual and collective skills are poor, the decision making worse, the work ethic terrible and the game plans dumb. The coach really has to go. He is turning good players into incompetent dross and killing Rugby in Melbourne

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Team looked better in the last 15 once a few changes were made.

Jack deb, hodge and mafi looked like they belonged at the level.

English, koribete, Fainga'a, sa'aga, day and Hansen looked ok

The rest need to honestly look long and hard, some more so than others. I'd personally rather we play some young guns with a look to the future than what's been on offer. Time to look at everything been done away from the field and review it

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Anyone wondering why some people think perhaps an Aus team is going to be cut will just watch this game and nod, Rebels (who I thought maybe ok this year) have a number of players that really don't deserve to be professional players, and mainly because of their attitude, you keep paying lazy players you set that as the standard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.