• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 6: Highlanders v Rebels, Fri 31st Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
for those who havent seen, HIA guys all seem to have passed. No Meehan, spent all of last week on the bench, now out of favour because he is moving on ? (Hugh Pyle re-run !)*snip

With Day, Timani, Schatz and Haangana all named on the bench at least one or two of the named locks must be a bit dodgy.

No Pat Leafa either? I hope he hasn't been dropped because of that penalty that cost the game last week. That should have been his turnover.

Cruze still MIA as well.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Referee: Glen Jackson (New Zealand)
Assistant Referees: Brendon Pickerill (New Zealand), Angus Mabey (New Zealand)
TMO: Aaron Paterson (New Zealand)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
No doubt it will be something comical like the touch finder from Gordon last week. Funniest thing I've seen on an Super Rugby pitch.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Some more insight into the team this week. Looks like a fuckload of injuries from Dewar shield, partially due to cricket pitches? Trying tho think of a local "number 1" ground with a cricket pitch in the middle.

Also, LT and MAFI are still not 100%. Please say it isn't so.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...l/news-story/ce72742c14b8006b8572565123050a50

Melbourne, Melbourne Uni. Rams pitch looked like a plate of rock as well.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Huge stretch blaming Dewar Shield grounds. Were any players injured playing club games?

Yes. Harley Fox for PH down at Moorabbin. Kev is right, it's hard as a rock. When you build a grind on an old tip site, you can't expect any less.

As for other players, I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Rebels " to Do " list for this weekend :
1. MUST defend , not just tackle ( but must do that ) but defend in a structured organised format like a team
2. must improve scrum and lineout to at LEAST win our own throw / put in
3. must play for 80 mins
thats it , score some points if you like that would be nice ( listening Hodge Inman English Koro ? )
after that relax and have a good weekend

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Day and Timani both on the bench, and Ben Smith out for the Landers.

Chance of victory have improved very slightly.

Edit: And Cummins concusses himself in the first 30 seconds.

Fan-tucking-fastic

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
In 10 minutes I've seen almost every mistake possible in Rugby from the Rebels
Catch and pass skills are bloody disgraceful
Seen better in under 12s

N

NTT

This is what happens when you have been conditioned mentally to believe you are inferior to your opposition. You play like you are.
This is also what happens when you lose faith in your governing body to fight for you. You lose your fight for them.

They can still comeback and win the Rebels, just need to believe they can and lift the intensity.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Jackson's missed a lot of dirty hands in the ruck by the Landers.

We've been shite, and it's very easy for him to give penalties to the dominant team, but there was the most obvious hand I've ever seen in that ruck after Retallick recovered the ball, completely ignored.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Dick Tooth (41)
tuned in 10 minutes ago and this looks pretty bad.
i find it very hard to believe that at least an element of this is not directly attributable to the lack of clarity on the future of australian super rugby.
this will be a very poor year for aus super rugby regardless of outcomes. this start, partly blamed on lack of clarity, is just a noose around the necks of the playoff hopes.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Absolutely zero line speed. It's a trait amongst every aus team, the rebels are prob the worst of a bad bunch at it.

New captain as well, we need someone that will show the guys how to run through a brick wall. Stirzacker might be a good captain for a team but this isn't the one.

TT better be throwing the water bottles at the guys to wake up.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I counted 8 unforced errors by the rebels in the opening 10 mins. Lucky to be only 20 behind. Terrible, everyone well almost everyone trying but they just cant complete fundamental skills. Surely the coach simply has to go. He is not getting anything near what this group are capable of. Inreally despair because some of these young players used to have bright futures. The look terrified to do anything outside the gameplan such as it is. Mafi is still fucked from last week anso there is no gonforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.